• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A point of despair

That's the tricky part, how do you "deal with it". Being dominate is so often accused as being "controlling" which I don't really care about the world's way in that regard. Domestic disipline is definitely one way but this only works when submitted to, which occurs occasionally. Other forms like, "of you can't talk nice to me the you don't need to be talking to others" so I take the phone away type thing. I'm totally up for other suggestions, please.
In your case, I would suggest you go to the gym. Go hang out. Don't come back until she calls. That seems to bother her the most, so use it. If she orders you to come back home, tell her to beg. If she refuses, tell her to call back when she is ready to beg. Make her wish that she had not refused to submit, whether that be refusing to heed your orders to stop raising her voice, or refusing to allow you to hold her in her arms or hold her hand.

I might add that when you do tell her to do something, use your deepest voice. Don't use your soft, weak, high pitched, "hey I want to get along with everybody" voice. This is what you expect her to do or not do, and you must let her know with authority. Don't overly concern yourself with whether this is controlling behavior or not. Feminists will always view it that way, but their opinion is irrelevant.

If you have a height advantage over her, use it from time to time. RPM experts say that when she is crouched down, perhaps with her back turned, you come up behind her and place both hands on the wall, towering over her. When she turns around, she sees her lover in a manly position above her, and it turns her on. It also shows her who is the authority in the home.

But I know that's where fear takes hold, afraid if I do leave she's going to storm off with the kids. I know fear is not "from the Lord", but I do humbly admit that's where I become weak, in regards to my children. If it was just her and I, I'd walk and wait to see if she came back.
Yup, Fear is the enemy here. The problem is you made demands, but there was no follow through; no consequences for her behavior. You have to be willing to call her bluff, or else she will call you on yours, since she perceives that that is all you are doing, is merely bluffing.

@Daniel DeLuca Thanks for the guidance and support. I have done some of these things, such as going out with friends and not coming back until she's practically begging. But I don't do that right away, I need her to know just because she begs and cries I don't do what she wants. This is because she will use the behavior to manipulate and try to get what she wants. So I reassure her my love and tell her to wait. This teaches that it's not all about what she wants or her behaviour. Where I lack is in her action of walking out with the kids, or packing in threat to. She did this in her former relationship, and he said okay and helped her to leave with the kids, only years later did he say he wanted her back, after she was with me. So since I know she will walk out if I don't do some form of fight for her to stay I cave.

OK. I personally will not marry a woman who walked away from a previous husband, and I am not so sure that I would ever help my wife pack. Just don't cave. That's all. I recommend telling your wife that she belongs with you. Your wife knows that you could get another wife if you wanted one, and that seems to be the thing that she is most worried about. Just let her know that if she walks out, she is granting you permission to do so.

Does she have an account here on Biblical Families? If not, I would encourage her to get one.

Last edited:
Some of the advice given here I really don’t like
I liken it to trying to teach a drowning man(with no boat) how to row a boat
If it goes wrong from here there’s not a lot left to fall back on other than the bottom of the sea
Please Stop playing games
Some of this is more in tune for a young single guy trying to pull a bird at a club
it doesn’t fit for a married man of god with children at home
Well not for me anyways

The advice : Go out to provoke her .Then don’t go back until she calls and begs. !
I would think its much easier to have a mature conversation like an adult.
You want her to behave like an adult so you treat her like a child? Really?
If your the head of the family you don’t need anyone to tell you , you just know
It all comes across as a bit insecure and childish, (passive aggressive)
twenty five years ago I thought like that, then I grew up.
I have serious reservations with this line of thinking

If it goes wrong from here there’s not a lot left to fall back on other than the bottom of the sea
Some of this is more in tune for a young single guy trying to pull a bird at a club
Well not for me anyways

The advice : Go out to provoke her .Then don’t go back until she calls and begs. !
If your the head of the family you don’t need anyone to tell you , you just know

I definitely agree with most of what your saying here. I think this is why I often have a conflict though. Conversation when she's spitting angry doesn't work. Walking away until she calms down is the only solution for peace of the home and to pretect the kids from seeing the behaviour or fight. However in cases like today it just made her more angry and violent. Because she was not willing to communicate but blame and lash out I said we'd go out the kids and I for dinner and be back once she's calmed down. That just made her attack me more. So really guys I'm not sure what to do than what I've been doing. I'm human too and feel upset when she reacts this way when there was nothing I did to even prevoke her to anger.

I'm a true believer in communication and love, however if someone is hitting me screeming at me and shouting things like "go ahead and kill me" in front of the kids and neighborhood for no reason what so ever it scares me. Then because I push her away the blam then again gets put back on me because I push her off me.

When your dealing with someone irrational and violent there really isn't any easy solution on how to handle those moments, until your in it, and even then. All the advice sounds good, well most of it but truly it's not really something you can be prepared for. If a cop is being hit ond scratched by any human will they not defend themselves by some measure? What perplexs me is the radical change in behavior. From playing and laughing to her being angry and accusing me of things she thinks I have done, completely delusional not based off of any truth just her mind.

@frederick It's not helpful, I agree, to say that to her would be working backwards this is what I was trying to explain above.

Some things are nearly impossible to see until one is ready to see them. In the meantime, it can be more efficacious to accept comforting advice from those who would rescue us from being blinded by the truth.

Do you think telling her she has the right to grant permission would actually be helpful? It seems counter productive given the state of the relationship and the need for her to submit to godly leadership.
Only true, if you have not already reached that understanding. It appears @Sean Miller has given the impression that he is not interested in any other women. That is a promise once relinquished, cannot be taken back without her consent, I would argue, although it is not as strong as making that promise at the altar, since in this case, second wife entered the marriage understanding that she would not be the only wife. Somehow though, she has assumed that there won't be any other ladies, and I believe Sean can use that, to put a stop to her running out on him.

Well not for me anyways

That's not the advice at all! You don't go out in order to provoke her. You go out, in order to show that there are consequences for bad behavior. You really ought to investigate what this RPM thing is all about before you make a judgment call on whether you believe it is bad advice or not. It is not intended to be used on the wife that is already submissive, in order to provoke her. You think it is easier to have a conversation, but clearly that is not possible in this situation. You treat her like a child if she acts like a child. If she acts like an adult, then you don't need anyone to tell her what submissiveness is all about. I am afraid you have this whole thing wrong, because you are assuming that you can just reason with a highly emotional individual. Insecurity, is when you are afraid to upset the wife, and so you kowtow to her demands, and hope that she will stop yelling at you. It doesn't work! There is nothing immature about taking charge and taking the lead, when it is necessary to do so. It is immature to plead and beg and hope things will work out.

The fact is that the wife has a sea of emotions and turmoil that surrounds her and she needs the husband to be her rock. If you had read anything at all about RPM, you would know that. We had this discussion in another thread, and we went back and forth over this, and it seems like a lot of people have this knee-jerk reaction, when they really don't understand what it is all about. The fact is, it IS effective and can eradicate a lot of behavior that has been caused by the damage that Feminism has injected into the mindset of the women that grow up with this indoctrination. Coupled with a Biblical understanding of the roles of men and women in marriage, it may come across as shocking, but when God's Word tells the wife to submit, it really means it. The word used there in Ephesians and Colossians, is a military term that means, "to put yourself under", as a soldier would submit to the Centurion. People often get confused because of the fact that Paul said to submit to one another, but the clarification that wives should submit to their husbands, is in the following verse. He never said that husbands are to submit to their wives. Submitting to one another instead means that we as godly men, are to submit to others whom we are in fellowship with. Paul had not even begun to talk about roles within marriage, until AFTER he made that statement, yet too many Christian leaders use that verse to mean that husbands and wives are to submit to one another. That would be like saying that Christ should submit to the church!

I used to think the way you do. I used to think that while Scripture says that wives are to submit to their husbands, it doesn't say that husbands are to make their wives submit to them, but I have learned that often, as part of loving your wife or wives, discipline is required. You can call that immaturity all you want, but remember that Christ disciplines His church or churches, as we read in Revelations. Imagine if the church treated Christ the way that Sean's wife treats him! How do you think Christ would respond? Do you think he would simply try to reason with the church, or do you think He would spew them out of His mouth? Think about that!

Last edited:
@Sean Miller, Right now we are in the midst of the Feast of Tabernacles (from last Saturday, and more or less thru this coming Saturday), and before that was The Day of Atonement on Monday the 28th. I think we can expect the enemy to be [much] more active during this time, and I have oft noticed odd behavior around the time of the Feasts. So if it seems like she has become more unsettled recently, that could be part of it; and if so, things might somewhat calm down in 7-10 days.

Furthermore, I would recommend doing whatever you reasonably can to increase everyone's magnesium intake, and limit/eliminate calcium intake. Magnesium is calming and soothing to the brain and assists in muscle relaxation. Calcium does the opposite.

Calcium is abundant in dairy such as milk, cheese, and ice cream; but not butter. Butter is good.
Magnesium is found in raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and legume beans such as black beans, navy, pinto, etc.
Avoid soy (edamame) beans.

As a starting point, I would suggest simply adding raisins. No prep needed; you can just eat them plain by themselves, or maybe throw some cinnamon on. I have recommended raisins to a number of people, and have had good success with that.

========= Edit..
Quick note about grapes as mentioned by Sean below;
Grapes are fine as general food, but they should not be treated as a substitute for raisins. Grapes contain much water, and one would have to eat an unusually large amount of grapes to achieve the same therapeutic effect that raisins can deliver in a mere 5 oz.

Last edited:
@Daniel DeLuca thanks for the comments and suggestions. 1st of all she never assumed she'd be the only one, I was clear to her and her family before I married her that I may take another wife later in the future. She just decided she wanted to attempt to exert authority over me to get what she wanted even though she full knows I won't agree.

I've learned over the years as a dominate man who is also kind and loving that others I am in authority over try to exert or dominate over me because they don't want to be or feel dominated over. Therefore manipulation is used to try and twist things I care about such as being loving and kind, against me to attempt to exert dominance over me. My wives have done this, my employees have done this. I'm not sure why some people feel threaten against by another authority figure who is a natural leader when they are not.

But despite that, the other night my wife admitted that she does say things that are untrue to provke me. Most women have the natural desire to be dominated, I do believe that, but their flesh/sinful nature attacks against submission, so it's a fight most women have to endure to overcome. My wife likes to be dominated, until she doesn't, and that's usually when she is jellious or angry. I agree with you it is associated to insecurites, fears that she has, not based off of realities.

I have family members who haveade the same comment to me, "we're called to submit to one another. I agree this is in reference to a church role as with the church of acts. The leaders were always men even in the churches, Paul was clear on that because of the conflicts of what I believe was women wanting to teach in the churchs. Wives were to be silent in the churches, so this message from Paul was to the men, not the wives, to submit to one another. When he was speaking to the wives he said so. Why didn't Christ appoint a female deciple if women were to lead His church? They weren't.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. There are consequences for behaviours, and yes, I say it often, if your going to act like a child I'll handle you as a child. Reminding her that she expects more obedience from our children then she her self is willing to do, and this is a poor example to the kids.
One of my comcerns is prolonging the "not persuing other relationship's". Not because I don't want to get my home in order but simply because the more I do prolong it the more she gets set in the idea of she can act like this and keep me from getting another relationship. At that point it becomes her being manipulative or dominant to get what she wants me to do. She made promises to support and aid in the search, but then she "doesn't like her" or what ever behavior or excuse occurs to wiggle out of her obligation and word. Originally I thought it was important for her to be involved in the courting relationship, but now I'm not so sure.

@eye4them I appreciate the suggestions. I do take magnesium but not my wife, we are fitness fenatics and I use it for muscle recovery. As for the rasins or grapes, I don't think that is the solution to my wife's desire for dominance or control over me and the relationship.

I've been clear going forward, of she acts like that me and the kids will go out for a while until she calms down, not leave her, just step out without her until she's regained control over herself again. She doesn't like or want that so I do believe that will be a good consequence. Reassuring her we will always come home, but we won't be around her like that. This is to protect her from herself as well as the rest of us from the emotional backlash. Just getting to the point to get her to stop preventing us from leaving is the next issue that arrises.

Haha, yeah, that's not how it goes down, she doesn't want to appologize or calm down in those moments.
Then she has to understand that she cannot keep you from taking off. She still has apprehension over you getting a second wife, which you have to utilize to keep her from running off and spending the night at a hotel. I am hope that behavior has stopped. Ideally, she will work with you to help you find a second wife, but if she decides to leave you, she forgoes any privilege she has to work with you on making that decision.

Back