• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A presumptive message to singles

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Just a bit of advice from the position of advanced age.

Ladies, don’t chose a husband by how he makes you feel. Feelings fade (along with his physique;))
Find one who helps build your relationship with your Creator and His son.

Guys, read the above and adjust accordingly.

Thank you Steve looks have rarely been a standard for myself anyway other than the basic.. Must take care of himself and the basic SSS. Doesn't have to be rich but capable of financially taking care of himself and me to an extent as I am also capable of the same.
Age can and has been a factor... I have some hangup and Yahweh is going to have to heal some areas if he wants me with a much older man. But over all this is very good sound advise. Thank you

Thank you Steve looks have rarely been a standard for myself anyway other than the basic.. Must take care of himself and the basic SSS. Doesn't have to be rich but capable of financially taking care of himself and me to an extent as I am also capable of the same.
Age can and has been a factor... I have some hangup and Yahweh is going to have to heal some areas if he wants me with a much older man. But over all this is very good sound advise. Thank you
I pray that Yah bless you with exactly who you need. :)

Ladies, don’t chose a husband by how he makes you feel. Feelings fade (along with his physique;))

When I joined the site and was getting a feel, I came across that and it hit me like a ton of bricks. In the world we have grown up in, love has been at the forefront of how marriage should be. Should love or affection for one another be a big part of it, yes, but a lot of people, at the time myself included, never think of the years on after those feelings temper. So as life for me going on and what I was looking for in a husband, it really has been "I am looking for someone who can guide me closer to God" (sorry if I use just God, was raised in a very strict home and used to go to a Kingdom Hall for years, bad habit), and I think as I have been on his journey, God wants me to find the right man to help as he has seen my struggles for the last 15 years.

The problem is that people think love is a feeling. It's actually a choice and an action. When you see love that way then it makes far more sense.

Yes! I mean, if you asked me about who kind of guy, based on physical appearance, in my 20s versus now? Opposites now. Some would say "Oh you've lowered your standards" and... Have I? I don't think so but I think I've opened myself to others that I have never thought, because of what I've been taught to who to be attracted to and how I should feel, and yes, a choice and an action. My parents don't like my choices and preferences but after time, they have gotten "If he treats you well, then we're okay with it".

I LOVE THIS.jpg

Back