• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A promise is a promise...

StudentMom

Hello all,
I apologise for taking so long to get back to you on this, but as I told my kids when they were little: "a promise is a promise"!

Back in January I visited the forum with many questions about polygamous marriages, and many of you were kind enough to share what you knew as best as you could. I promised then that I would post the paper I was writing, in which I quoted any of your answers.

I ran into one TEENY WEENY snag: my paper is 14 pages long.

That's rather small for me; i get a little wordy.

Anyway, a promise is a promise.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I should post the paper here so anyone interested can read it? Or would it be better if I just 'copied' and 'pasted' the relevant paragraphs for you? Or should I just skip it?

FYI, I did get an 'A' on the paper; my professor was shocked that our college had not even considered the phenomenon of plural mariage for a "Family Life Education" major. I think I got extra points for uncovering such a glaring omission (heh heh heh=points for thinking).

I have completed my requirements for graduation, and am looking forward to walking with my class in November of this year (we missed the deadline for spring graduation by 6 weeks). In the meantime, I'm job-hunting.

Thank you again for all of your kindness and your input. I look foreward to your suggestions for posting my paper (or only pieces of it).

Peace!

Suggestion: Post the whole thing on this thread, but cut it up into a series of posts, labeling each one in order, for those of us who read slooooowly, please.

I, for one, would love to read the whole thing.

I think the word limit per post is quite high, you can probably copy and paste much of it per post, then just post back to back to put the whole thing in. You can probably get many pages in each post.

If you do that I just hope the formatting stays :)
Congrats on your A

Hi Studentmom,
Congrats on the grade! I work at a college and am constantly suprised at the lack of original or detailed thought on the part of the students. When someone actually steps outside the box and looks at something in a fresh, objective light, even the faculty can be startled. The irony is that this is the focus of thier jobs. When a student actually learns to think, rather than merely "do the work", it throws them off balance.

As to the size of your paper, have you considered posting it somewhere an then providing a link to it? Again, congratulations to you on the "A" and your degree. I look forward to reading your paper soon. Blessings to you and yours.

-Will

First of all congrats on the A, second I can't wait to read it. Very much looking forward to it.

Good idea - we can post it somewhere on the site, and just put a link to it in this thread.

Please share!

Nathan

What would happen if you just copied and pasted the whole thing right here as a comment?

Under the section a promise is a promise?

You might want to copyright it before you share it publicly.

Of course if you are using quotes from a lot of other people I do not know if it is okay to copyright it.

Thank you for writing the essay.

Hi StudentMom! Congrats on the A!!! That's awesome that you got to do something no one else had thought of! I look forward to reading your work! Good luck with the job hunt!!!

Back