• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Radical Treatment for Sinus Troubles

Jim

If you like natural drug free remedies, try this. It sounds crazy but works! Mix together equal parts of garlic powder, bayberry powder, goldenseal powder, and cayenne powder. Create a small line (especially first couple times) of this mix, and take a long sniff using a short piece of straw. Repeat with both nostrils or just the side stuffed up. I have been using this "snuff" for years and it really helps. My wife thought it was crazy, now she started using it! The idea came from Dr.Richard Schulze, who can be found online.

Wow, it does sound a bit extreme, how do you countenance snorting something so strong in your nose? I sneeze violently if I smell pepper.....

My favourite home cold remedy involves vast amounts of chilli also but not administered that way! :D

B

Isabella said:
Wow, it does sound a bit extreme, how do you countenance snorting something so strong in your nose? I sneeze violently if I smell pepper.....

My favourite home cold remedy involves vast amounts of chilli also but not administered that way! :D

B
It does make you sneeze, but it can be controlled. Try it when congested and you'll be suprised at how it opens you up. But the best thing is, that it will help your immune system fight off an infection. Chilli is good also, but them beans could be a problem though! :lol:

wellll.......you DID advertise it as radical :D

i think that the Golden Nose for Truth Award is rightly yours :!:

I use salt and baking soda in warm water... I found the recipe online a couple of years ago... Can't find it at the moment so I'll just post what I recall
use 8 oz warm water, 1/8 tsp salt , 1/8 tsp baking soda, can also use more salt just use equal amount of baking soda.
Key here is if you use a neti pot or inhale into your nasal passages you should use boiled, distilled or filtered water. You may have heard about the rare deaths caused by an amoeba in water which can get into your brain via water inhaled through the nasal passages. Quite rare but why take a chance.

I second the neti-pot. No clinical data, but personal experience: helps with allergies and to ward off/minimize side effects of colds. I found the idea gross, but once I got over that and started using the product - wow what a difference.

I am all for the neti-pot or the other squeeze bottle Neil-Med makes however, if you have underlying sinus structural issues i.e. deviated septum, you will work all day long and never get to the root cause. Swollen sinus membranes are swollen for a reason- typically allergies. When these are all combined then radical intervention is required and surgery is normally done to correct. If everything is normal internally, a sinus rinse really helps. I did the 1/8 tsp baking soda and 1/8 tsp salt in 8 oz tepid water routine for a long time but now am back to the premixed packets. Just easier. Rinsing doesn't cure anything, but it does dramatically reduce the number of incidences of infection- kinda like washing your hands before dinner. If the sinus is really inflamed, my Otarylingologist (nose doc) also suggested ten DROPS of iodine in the same 8 oz bottle. It makes the world smell funny for a bit but you all smell funny anyway. :D
M

Anything spicy enough will clear the sinuses, they cayenne powder itself would be enough. Though eating it would be simpler and less prone to complications.

Gargling plain salt water would also help, and it does a lot to help the immune system fight off any kind of cold and flu.

If you really must stick something up your nose Chris has the basic idea. Many of the on the shelf nasal things are very close to being just that.

Since the word "Cure" is off limits to the drug profession, I'll just tell You how this works. I have no connection to the drug profession.
For Sinus and Lung problems, including Cancer.
You need one Frequency type vaporizer. 1 cup of food grade Hydrogen Peroxide "3%". 1 table spoon colloidal Silver. " mix the colloidal silver, and hydrogen peroxide together, pour it into the vaporizer", turn on the vaporizer, and breath the vapors for about 1 hour in the morning, and 1 hour in the evening, as long as needed. "for respatory cancer, about 30 days". For Sinus trouble, just when ever You need it, usually 1 or 2 times. This has been verry successful.

Me,

Back