• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A report and some fun from our house....

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
So, @Judgemenot and I are reading through Dr. Gina Murray's The Them In Him. Highly recommended, in spite of a few quibbles with her stance on ecclesiastical authority. Multiple men and couples in our fellowship currently reading... Abba doing amazing things...

Excellent Jamaican jerk chicken on the grill tonight... ya gotta slow cook some of this over charcoal. Amazing.

And, @Judgemenot is hosting a baby shower / mommy mosh pit on Sunday and my eldest and I were recruited to come up with some games... here, for your entertainment is our best offer.... complete with diaper blindfold...

20190704_191317.jpg 20190704_192843.jpg IMG_20190704_200406_930.jpg

@Mrs. Pacman said she is never asking you to come up with games for one of her baby showers. Lol

So, @Judgemenot and I are reading through Dr. Gina Murray's The Them In Him. Highly recommended, in spite of a few quibbles with her stance on ecclesiastical authority. Multiple men and couples in our fellowship currently reading... Abba doing amazing things...

I just finished reading it today and my opinion is the same. Some amazing insights but you have to ignore the “church authority” bias that is pretty strong especially towards the end of the book.

I just finished reading it today and my opinion is the same. Some amazing insights but you have to ignore the “church authority” bias that is pretty strong especially towards the end of the book.

Yeah that didn’t sit well with me
But the rest of the book was pretty good .

Yeah that didn’t sit well with me
But the rest of the book was pretty good .

I found it pretty telling that all throughout the book her stand on virtually every issue is backed up by multiple scriptures but when she talked about “church authority” she gave zero scriptures for support...

I found it pretty telling that all throughout the book her stand on virtually every issue is backed up by multiple scriptures but when she talked about “church authority” she gave zero scriptures for support...

Right!!!

Back