• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Account Security

jcee

Male
Hey! What are good account security options for this site? If possible, I don't want to appear in google haha. Other than that, what are some options you all would suggest?

That's great. It seemed like a solid site. Happy to talk to anyone, anytime! We're definitely looking for families in Ohio to hang with. We moved here fairly recently, so we're new to the area.

Hey! What are good account security options for this site? If possible, I don't want to appear in google haha. Other than that, what are some options you all would suggest?
If you're worried about that, stick with an anonymous username and don't talk about who you are in real life, and nobody browsing the internet for your name will be able to search you out on Google. And don't put up your photo.

However, what are you really scared of? Is it really necessary to hide that far? I instead run with the assumption that if I put it on the internet, it will be found by people. We're not hiding dirty little crimes here, we're talking about marriage. I'd be willing to talk to people about it in person, and they'd see my face. What's the worst that can happen? If you just assume it's going to happen, you can then relax. :)

If you're worried about that, stick with an anonymous username and don't talk about who you are in real life, and nobody browsing the internet for your name will be able to search you out on Google. And don't put up your photo.

However, what are you really scared of? Is it really necessary to hide that far? I instead run with the assumption that if I put it on the internet, it will be found by people. We're not hiding dirty little crimes here, we're talking about marriage. I'd be willing to talk to people about it in person, and they'd see my face. What's the worst that can happen? If you just assume it's going to happen, you can then relax. :)
I appreciate your honesty. However, everyone has different comfort levels when it comes to sharing personal information online. It's okay for me to choose to be cautious and protect my privacy online regardless of your appeal to ridicule.

I wasn't ridiculing you. I was finding it amusing that here I am saying "don't put up your photo" while my own photo is right beside my post, which seemed a contradiction! Don't assume people have poor intentions. Most people here choose to be anonymous, and it's completely understandable. However some of us have thrown caution to the winds. Maybe we're foolish. At least we can laugh at ourselves though!

I appreciate your honesty. However, everyone has different comfort levels when it comes to sharing personal information online. It's okay for me to choose to be cautious and protect my privacy online regardless of your appeal to ridicule.
He wasn't ridiculing you, he is comfortable being himself regardless of the situation (and I would wager repercussions/judgment) and was pointing out that past limited precautions (like not having your photo or name, or talking about your personal things publicly) there is not much you could do or would need to do...and that, really, what negatives would concern you that much?

Don't have a picture of yourself. Don't say your real location beyond the state, and don't post personal details. Unless you mess that up, the best AI in the world isn't going to put that together. ...It's much more likely that the device you are using is connecting way more dots than your profile or activity here would ever do.

I wasn't ridiculing you. I was finding it amusing that here I am saying "don't put up your photo" while my own photo is right beside my post, which seemed a contradiction! Don't assume people have poor intentions. Most people here choose to be anonymous, and it's completely understandable. However some of us have thrown caution to the winds. Maybe we're foolish. At least we can laugh at ourselves though!
Just so you understand where I was coming from: "If you're worried about that, stick with an anonymous username and don't talk about who you are in real life..." This implies that being concerned about privacy online is overly cautious or paranoid. "Is it really necessary to hide that far?" This questions the need for privacy, making it seem like an extreme measure. "What are you really scared of?" This dismisses legitimate concerns about online privacy and safety. "We're not hiding dirty little crimes here, we're talking about marriage." This comparison trivializes the desire for privacy, implying that it's only necessary when one has something to hide. I took all of that as ridicule because it seemed like you were trying to communicate that my concerns were ridiculous and unnecessary.

However, if you were just joking, chalk it up to the 10,000 other times I didn't understand sarcasm via text message haha. Sorry man.

As a side note, I wanted to share that I found this conversation simply by Googling "jcee biblical families." It was the second result, and after clicking on the link I noticed the discussions on this site are public and accessible to anyone, even without an account.

While I enjoy talking about my family and topics like patriarchal family structures, I'm also mindful of online privacy and security. I've dealt with stalkers and understand how information can be accessed and used without you knowing. So, I try to consider those factors when participating in online discussions. This is where I was coming from and the reason I asked the question.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-11 082348.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-11 082348.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 3
Don't have a picture of yourself. Don't say your real location beyond the state, and don't post personal details. Unless you mess that up, the best AI in the world isn't going to put that together. ...It's much more likely that the device you are using is connecting way more dots than your profile or activity here would ever do.
Truth be told, Big Brother, every TLA, AND all their AI's already know your phone number, voiceprint, and everything else about you. Including your location, within feet.

But, nothing you share here will make any difference in what they already have planned.

And most 'bad guys' don't nearly have their resources, or AI's.

As a side note, I wanted to share that I found this conversation simply by Googling "jcee biblical families." It was the second result, and after clicking on the link I noticed the discussions on this site are public and accessible to anyone, even without an account.
Just put a comment in there like "Biden crapped his pants in France," or "don't take the mRNA not-vaccine" - and Gulag will hide all the results!

Just so you understand where I was coming from: "If you're worried about that, stick with an anonymous username and don't talk about who you are in real life..." This implies that being concerned about privacy online is overly cautious or paranoid. "Is it really necessary to hide that far?" This questions the need for privacy, making it seem like an extreme measure. "What are you really scared of?" This dismisses legitimate concerns about online privacy and safety. "We're not hiding dirty little crimes here, we're talking about marriage." This comparison trivializes the desire for privacy, implying that it's only necessary when one has something to hide. I took all of that as ridicule because it seemed like you were trying to communicate that my concerns were ridiculous and unnecessary.

However, if you were just joking, chalk it up to the 10,000 other times I didn't understand sarcasm via text message haha. Sorry man.

While I enjoy talking about my family and topics like patriarchal family structures, I'm also mindful of online privacy and security. I've dealt with stalkers and understand how information can be accessed and used without you knowing. So, I try to consider those factors when participating in online discussions. This is where I was coming from and the reason I asked the question.
OpSec is definitely a big deal. Some of us here have been focused on refusing to be embarrassed now that everyone’s lifestyle is allegedly acceptable.

If transgender polycules are “normal”, why are we hiding from a family structure as old as human society?

If transgender polycules are “normal”, why are we hiding from a family structure as old as human society?
“For business/ministry reasons.”, he said defensively.

I'm an example of what not to do if you need anonymity.

I don't think he was joking or ridiculing. Some people are just being matter of fact without any other motive. I get in trouble with that fairly often.

Many discussions on this site are public and accessible without being logged in. But others are only available once you're logged in - see the "Non-public forums" section. And many - a vast number - are completely private and you can't even see they exist if you aren't specifically invited ("private conversations").

This is a teaching resource, we want to teach people about marriage. If the general discussions were hidden until you had an account, this site would never have grown as it has because people wouldn't have even known the discussions existed and wouldn't have bothered to sign up in the first place. Many people browse the forum and gain great benefit from it for months or even years before signing up. However, obviously there are things better kept out of the view of search engines. For that, we have the "Non-public forums", and for more sensitive things have private conversations - you can start a private conversation with any group of individuals about anything, and it's completely private - even the forum staff can't see it. So we're trying to cater for everything here.

Last edited:
Back