• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Adam: the original patriarch

NeoPatriarch

Real Person
Male
I just charted out the antediluvian time lines. It appears that Adam lived and may have known Noah's father. I wonder if there is a connection between the death of Adam and the condition of man prior to the flood.

Has anyone done a similar study?

Any thoughts...

I think the "link" you are alluding to may pertain to the life spans experienced before the flood. I don't think they have anything to do with the death of Adam.

It appears there was a canopy of water that covered the earth causing a type of green house effect, thus the ferns they are finding under the Antarctic, and the dinosaur bones in Montana, etc... When the flood happened the world's climate was drastically changed which led to the very short life spans we now experience.

Scarecrow said:
I think the "link" you are alluding to may pertain to the life spans experienced before the flood. I don't think they have anything to do with the death of Adam.

Not at all...I also ascribe to the canopy theory but lifespan was not the condition to which I referred.

I wondered if it was Adams death that contributed to:
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

When did man cross the line? Adam sinned, and no reset. Cain murdered, and no reset. So in essence the question becomes:

Did man slip into wickedness when it lost its leadership, its patriarch?

Is there a connection between a patriarch and the faithfulness of his family? Surely, that is why Overseer/Bishop was judged by his family.

Reactions: Yan
No. Genesis 6:5 is simply a statement about the condition of man exhibiting his sinful nature. If not for the Holy Spirit our sin nature would rule over us unbridled, it is this full blown sinful nature that will be exhibited in the last days when the Holy Spirit reduces the suppression of this nature that will cause all "hell" to break lose.

Luke 17:26-27 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

We inherited this nature from Adam through and by his seed and the seed of his descendants.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.

This prophesy about Jesus being born of the "seed" of a woman was the first indication that there would be a virgin birth. This type of birth was necessary so that the sinful nature, passed on by the seed of man, would not "infect" the man Jesus. Had Jesus been born of the seed of man he would have been in the same sinful state that the rest of us are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLPADW_kUw

If you consider Ron Wyatt credible you will find that video interesting. He claims to have found the crucifixion site where the earth was split and the blood spilled from the cross of Jesus ran down a crack in the ground to a hidden chamber. Hidden in that chamber is the Ark of the Covenant, and Jesus' blood dripped on the mercy seat from above. Ron Wyatt found a number of other things in the same chamber where the Ark was found.

http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~leedas ... nantb.html

Ron Wyatt removed one artifact from the chamber and provided it to the Israeli authorities. The Israelis chose to close the tunnel Ron and his crew dug to find the chamber and cover up the discovery for now, but Ron Wyatt's discoveries are thoroughly documented.

These things seem to be too much for many people to believe, but I have spent numerous hours pouring over the information available and the entire video of his journey that resulted in the discovery of the Ark and most of the other Temple items within a chamber known as Jeremiah's grotto right there in Jerusalem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfYpYv_A4Ns
Is a longer version that explains the discoveries...enjoy!

That doesn't explain the timing.

No sin nature is necessary for sin, just ask Adam. Why not destroy Adam and start over, or Cain. If God was working to destroy a sin nature in man He failed to change anything by letting Noah and his sons live and commanding them to breed.

The question really isn't about sin nature though, but about timing. Is it only a coincidence that Adam died only 721 years before the flood, and during the lifetime of Noah's father? My thoughts were that loosing his leadership might have contributed to the general condition. I wish we had a more detailed account of these years.

If not the patriarchs, what other reason is their to wait 1651 years to destroy the earth with a flood?

Reactions: Yan
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
so adam died during the first day and the flood happened during the next one. try not to be so impatient ;) :D

sorry, couldn't (ok, didn't) resist

as far as your question, i really do not know.
but there is much truth to the idea that, as the head goes, so goes the family

Back