• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Adrian from Houston, Texas

AJHLTEXAS

Greetings everyone,

I came here because I follow Pete Rambo on YouTube. I have been here for a few months and have been doing research in regard to Polygyny. I have been observing from the side lines and absorbing all pieces of information provided by this website. I am happy to be here and hope to meet you all in person down the road. I am a down to earth individual who is easy to get along with. I am not shy and welcome conversation. I enjoy conversations having to do with the Bible and/or of theology. I question everything. As a law enforcement officer, I hear both sides of the isle and expect to see evidence and facts in order for me to believe what is being portrayed. This is why I follow and respect Pete Rambo. I find this individual to be genuine and highly knowledgeable. I was born in the great state of Texas and currently live in Houston. My parents are from Costa Rica and are pastors. I lived in Costa Rica most of my childhood but have lived in the Houston area most of my life. I served in the Texas Army National Guard and Army Reserve for a total of 12 years. Did some contracting with the Army Reserve until the Obama administration did a bunch of defense cuts, in which I was one of the unlucky ones. I then became a police officer and now work for the state. I also have a business mindset and have ownership in two businesses.

I seek the truth. I consider myself a non-denominational Christian and believe that YESHUA is the only way to the FATHER. I was born into the church and happen to be a pastor's son. In no shape or form am I perfect and have many shortcomings. In the beginning, we were Baptists until one Sunday service, my dad felt like he had to pray for the congregation. He invited the congregation to move forward to the front and one by one he prayed for them individually. The HOLY SPIRIT then arrived, and many members received a deliverance. Demons got exposed and were cast out in YESHUA name. From what I understand, the leadership board of the church in the next meeting with my dad advised him to denounce everything that had happened and explain to the congregation that it was fake. My father of course disagreed and was immediately fired. Long story short, 3/4ths of the congregation followed my dad and that is when my family became non-denominational. I remember what I observed and can not denounce the HOLY SPIRIT is real as well as the spiritual realm.

Throughout childhood, I always questioned everything, but I was too young to understand. I became older and followed along with being your average Christian. In my 20s, I learned about certain “Christian” traditions to be pagan and began to conduct personal research. Forward to 2 years ago and really got into debt by many topics, polygyny being one of them. I questioned my faith and began to question everything that has been taught to me. I questioned how the Bible came together and learned about the dead sea scrolls. I learned about the book of Jasher, which is referenced in the Bible on two separate occasions. I also learned about the book of Enoch. I realized that the Bible was incomplete. To ask the why, I learned that the catholic church had great influence throughout history and still currently does (Big Problem). Even as a child, I questioned how dumb people could be regarding the end times when its right in front of our noses via Bible (Book of Revelation). Now I look at the woke population who believe in political correctness and can now understand why. Well, these are just some of the topics I have researched. I could go on and on.

Most importantly, I learned, thanks to Mr. Rambo and others, about polygyny. I realized that it was legitimately Biblical, and it was not a sin. I believe if done correctly that the pros outweigh the cons. This is why I am here. To be a part of a community of like-minded individuals. I am currently married, however, am also in the process of divorce. When I provided the facts to my wife, she was not happy. When I told her that I was going to pursue this lifestyle, she then asked for the divorce papers. I tried to tell her to at least visit one of the retreats offered here before she made a big decision. Nevertheless, she is already set on the divorce. She got my parents involved and recently the pastors where I attended church (since last Sunday). Everyone respected my decision as I tried to explain myself to them before they disagreed. It was interesting, but I understand now that I walk this road alone and that I may lose family and friends. Though, a few friends are supportive and respect my decisions. Which has motivated me to continue with this path. I served in leadership at the church and in order for me to not bring hindrances with the church and pastors, I stepped down from being head of security. My wife is consistent with letting everyone know about my pursuance of polygyny as she is not very happy.

That is me in a nutshell. Sorry, this is long, and if you read all the way through, then GOD bless you. Can’t wait to meet you all. Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever want to discuss anything. Like I said I welcome debates and any conversations, so don’t be shy.

Respectfully,
Adrian

Greetings Adrian, thanks for the long intro. Although I've not been divorced taking a stand for the truth of God's Word has come at a huge cost, so I know and understand what you are experiencing. Since I was the pastor things didn't go well, but I wouldn't swap the truth for error any day. Blessings and Shalom.

Welcome! Thank you for sharing. May you find some good things here.

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story.
There is an entire thread on receiving the left foot of fellowship somewhere in the archives that you may find interesting.

Welcome!

Steve is right that most churches will show you the door when they feel threatened by the truth, but you know this from childhood.

A funny quote says that "People build temples for God, and hope He stays there!"

I remember this thread from a few years back.

We are really glad you are here, and hope to be of support and encouragement to you. I will pray for you, your wife, your pastors, your parents, etc.

I really hope your marriage can be saved. Are there children involved? How long have you been together? I realize your wife may have a hard, fearful, or bitter heart, but hope you are also being as patient and kind as possible. The fact that your marriage has survived to this point (divorce being extremely common among police officers) is a very good sign.

Thank you for your service in both the military and as a police officer. We need good Christian men like yourself in both fields. Police work can be extremely difficult, and is often unappreciated.

May I suggest that you try to view your professional role more as a "keeper of the peace" than an "enforcer of the law"? I'm sure a liberty loving man like yourself sees the difference between "protect and serve", and "enforce laws".

Back to polygamy

I'll also point out the fact that God permits polygamy, doesn't necessarily mean you should pursue it, or that you should right now. It is not our place to tell you whether you should or not. That is between you and God, but I hope you are proceeding in wisdom.

A lot of men (me included) upon realizing that polygamy is legitimate, suddenly get excited and think we should practice it. Sometimes we wreck things (marriages, families, relationships) unnecessarily.

Yes, God's Law in the Bible permits polygamy. Yes, we should tell the truth about what the Bible says. We should also do so gently and carefully.

Remember that your wife is a weaker vessel. She has been lied to her whole life. This is a huge and difficult truth for a woman to accept. She is probably very fearful.

On a separate issue, Jasher and Enoch are both interesting and helpful reads, but I don't think YAHWEH intended either of them to be included in the Bible. God is able to protect and preserve His Word.

The Bible references a book of Jasher, but there is not a lot of evidence supporting the thought that the book of Jasher we currently have is the same book as that referenced. Our current book of Jasher is very likely a more recent book, named that to give it more credibility.

Greetings Adrian, thanks for the long intro. Although I've not been divorced taking a stand for the truth of God's Word has come at a huge cost, so I know and understand what you are experiencing. Since I was the pastor things didn't go well, but I wouldn't swap the truth for error any day. Blessings and Shalom.
Wow. My respects to you, sir. Thanks for the motivating words.

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story.
There is an entire thread on receiving the left foot of fellowship somewhere in the archives that you may find interesting.
Yes, sir. It's an honor to be here. Absolutely, I will check it out.

Welcome!

Steve is right that most churches will show you the door when they feel threatened by the truth, but you know this from childhood.

A funny quote says that "People build temples for God, and hope He stays there!"

I remember this thread from a few years back.

Yes, sir. Thank you for the wise words.

Back