• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Adrian from Houston, Texas

We are really glad you are here, and hope to be of support and encouragement to you. I will pray for you, your wife, your pastors, your parents, etc.

I really hope your marriage can be saved. Are there children involved? How long have you been together? I realize your wife may have a hard, fearful, or bitter heart, but hope you are also being as patient and kind as possible. The fact that your marriage has survived to this point (divorce being extremely common among police officers) is a very good sign.

Thank you for your service in both the military and as a police officer. We need good Christian men like yourself in both fields. Police work can be extremely difficult, and is often unappreciated.

May I suggest that you try to view your professional role more as a "keeper of the peace" than an "enforcer of the law"? I'm sure a liberty loving man like yourself sees the difference between "protect and serve", and "enforce laws".

Back to polygamy

I'll also point out the fact that God permits polygamy, doesn't necessarily mean you should pursue it, or that you should right now. It is not our place to tell you whether you should or not. That is between you and God, but I hope you are proceeding in wisdom.

A lot of men (me included) upon realizing that polygamy is legitimate, suddenly get excited and think we should practice it. Sometimes we wreck things (marriages, families, relationships) unnecessarily.

Yes, God's Law in the Bible permits polygamy. Yes, we should tell the truth about what the Bible says. We should also do so gently and carefully.

Remember that your wife is a weaker vessel. She has been lied to her whole life. This is a huge and difficult truth for a woman to accept. She is probably very fearful.

On a separate issue, Jasher and Enoch are both interesting and helpful reads, but I don't think YAHWEH intended either of them to be included in the Bible. God is able to protect and preserve His Word.

The Bible references a book of Jasher, but there is not a lot of evidence supporting the thought that the book of Jasher we currently have is the same book as that referenced. Our current book of Jasher is very likely a more recent book, named that to give it more credibility.
Mr. Bartato,
I understand. Trust me. I really do not want a divorce. And yes there is a child involved. However, that is not going to stop me from providing for them, even if we divorce. I really tried hard in order for her to attend a retreat and observe polygyny first hand. She is unfortunately already determined with the divorce. It should also be noted that there is more to it than just the polygyny.

Furthermore, I understand. I do observe myself to be a keeper of the Peace, but somebody has to enforce the law. Otherwise, there will be chaos. Please don't let a few bad apples and the media think that all police officers are bad and evil. Most of us take our oath seriously and truly serve the people by providing fairness and respect with integrity. Especially, those who were previously or still serve in the military. I first swore an oath to the Constitution and I would never infringe on the rights of the American people. Finally, I will also never follow an unlawful order. The good thing is with authority, I have discretion. If it's not adding up, then I will still not infringe on people's rights.

So to polygyny. Even though it is exciting to know the truth, I am approaching this newly learned information in a humble way. As I continue to be responsible for my family, I am taking it one step at a time. I plan to keep seeking the truth and learn more about the topic.

Most importantly, all information I learn and research, I use a lot of discernment. I seek guidance from the HOLY SPIRIT to help me understand the truth. I believe in the Bible from Genesis-Revelation. However, it's safe to say that I question everything. On how it came together and what were the motives of the individuals who help establish the Bible. As you know you cant have our trust in man but to YESHUA alone. I am not trying introduce any doctrine or deceive anyone. I was simply trying to explain in my introduction how I came to be here in this wonderful community. Which included me questioning everything I ever learned. Moreover, I am very careful with what I learn. I am man of evidence and facts with faith.

Therefore, sir. I am happy to be here and I am glad to have found this great community and look forward into meeting you and others.

You have my full respect.

Mr. Bartato,
I understand. Trust me. I really do not want a divorce. And yes there is a child involved. However, that is not going to stop me from providing for them, even if we divorce. I really tried hard in order for her to attend a retreat and observe polygyny first hand. She is unfortunately already determined with the divorce. It should also be noted that there is more to it than just the polygyny.

Furthermore, I understand. I do observe myself to be a keeper of the Peace, but somebody has to enforce the law. Otherwise, there will be chaos. Please don't let a few bad apples and the media think that all police officers are bad and evil. Most of us take our oath seriously and truly serve the people by providing fairness and respect with integrity. Especially, those who were previously or still serve in the military. I first swore an oath to the Constitution and I would never infringe on the rights of the American people. Finally, I will also never follow an unlawful order. The good thing is with authority, I have discretion. If it's not adding up, then I will still not infringe on people's rights.

So to polygyny. Even though it is exciting to know the truth, I am approaching this newly learned information in a humble way. As I continue to be responsible for my family, I am taking it one step at a time. I plan to keep seeking the truth and learn more about the topic.

Most importantly, all information I learn and research, I use a lot of discernment. I seek guidance from the HOLY SPIRIT to help me understand the truth. I believe in the Bible from Genesis-Revelation. However, it's safe to say that I question everything. On how it came together and what were the motives of the individuals who help establish the Bible. As you know you cant have our trust in man but to YESHUA alone. I am not trying introduce any doctrine or deceive anyone. I was simply trying to explain in my introduction how I came to be here in this wonderful community. Which included me questioning everything I ever learned. Moreover, I am very careful with what I learn. I am man of evidence and facts with faith.

Therefore, sir. I am happy to be here and I am glad to have found this great community and look forward into meeting you and others.

You have my full respect.
Thanks for the response. We are glad to have you here. I will try to keep you and your situation in my prayers.

Speaking of police officers, I am in a small group Bible study at my church. Four of the seven guys in our group (including the elder thar leads it) are cops. They are all very good guys and I have quite a bit of respect for them. I did a Friday swing shift ride along with one of them once, and it was a busy evening, and very eye opening.

Welcome Adrian, I trust you will be blessed and encouraged here.
Regarding your wife sharing this with others about your views, I hope you will welcome this opportunity to explain yourself and defend the faith we have. I am looking at this topic as ministry opportunity.

Thank you for your service to this country and your community.

Welcome to the party
It is a good thing that Texas so big, there seem to be a bunch of us either living or wishing to live plyg-life.

Welcome from the best part of Texas NE of Dallas.

Back