• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Age of marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfGod

This is my first post, never been on here before.

I am a pentecostal, but I have come to believe in public wearing of full hair('head') coverings, polygyny, male headship, woman subjugation/ownership, BDSM(BTW), and that women can marry as soon as they want to.

Does anyone agree with me?

Not looking to debate. But will field any good faith questions. (If you have accusations, rebuke, or reprove, please do so with the Word of God our head, not just reason.)

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Admins, I tried to read the rules. If this violates the rules somehow, let me know please.

Non-Exhaustive List of Scriptural foundation:

1. Head covering: 1 Cor. 11(esp. v.3)

2. Male Headship: », 1 Tim. 2:8-15, 1 Peter :1-7, Eph. 5:22-6:4

3. Polygyny: 2 Sam. 12:8, 2 Chron. 24:1-3, 1 Kings 5:13, 1 Kings 15:5, "Heir Doctrine", "Ordination Doctrine".

4. Woman Subjugation/Ownership: 1 Cor. 7:2(YLT98) Version, Eph. 5:24, "Heir Doctrine", 1 Cor. 11:3,9, "LYNAY Doctrine", Ezekiel 16:8.

5. BDSM: ditto, 7:33-34

6. Age of Marriage: Acts 5:29, 1 Cor. 7:2,9,36, "Flower Doctrine", Ezekiel 16:6-8, "Rebekah 'Damsel' Doctrine", "Ancient Practice Doctrine", "LYNAY Doctrine"

Reach out everyone, I want to see if there are others who see the truth as I see it.

I:58:6

That is a large number of topics for a single discussion. I'll just make a point on the last one that, for legal reasons, we will not host any discussion that promotes marriage under the legal age of consent. Other than that, you're clearly thinking deeply about a lot of things and will find both agreement and disagreement here. Is there anything you are unsure of and want to understand better so have questions about, or are you comfortable you've got it all worked out and are just seeking affirmation from likeminded people?

1-4. You will find lots of discussion here on these topics. Try searching them.

5. I doubt "masochism" is part of what any book chapter 7 verse 33-34 says.

6. The discussion isn't allowed here.

That is a large number of topics for a single discussion. I'll just make a point on the last one that, for legal reasons, we will not host any discussion that promotes marriage under the legal age of consent. Other than that, you're clearly thinking deeply about a lot of things and will find both agreement and disagreement here. Is there anything you are unsure of and want to understand better so have questions about, or are you comfortable you've got it all worked out and are just seeking affirmation from likeminded people?
Thank you for your reply, @FollowingHim !

I'm really just looking for likeminded people.

I wanted to assure you, 'Child' Marriage is very legal in some states, especially if the parents and a judge deem it good. The Mormons and Amish and Muslims have this as a practice as well.

Will this still be seen as a topic of no conversation?

I have linked an organization's report on the matter for more details on each state's legal stance on 'child' marriage:

Please let me know if you will allow this discussion (should any come of it) or not knowing this new information.

1-4. You will find lots of discussion here on these topics. Try searching them.

5. I doubt "masochism" is part of what any book chapter 7 verse 33-34 says.

6. The discussion isn't allowed here.
Thank you for your reply, @NVIII.

Re. #5: You doubt that some find pleasure in pain?

Notes:

Older men and younger women usually end up more naturally patriarchal, which fits 1 Cor. 11:3.

Girls tend to be more moldable, which fits Eph. 5:24.

Age gap relationships seem to be happier and are shamed by the world for fallacious and evil reasonings originating from the devil. (See 1 Tim. 4:1-3 and Eph. 6:12)

I'd love to connect with families or individuals who agree with these sentiments.

I wanted to assure you, 'Child' Marriage is very legal in some states, especially if the parents and a judge deem it good. The Mormons and Amish and Muslims have this as a practice as well.

I have linked an organization's report on the matter for more details on each state's legal stance on 'child' marriage:

Please let me know if you will allow this discussion (should any come of it) or not knowing this new information.
We will not allow a discussion of sex or marriage below the legal age of the jurisdiction the sex or marriage takes place in.

While the Amish would have some credibility here the Mormons and Muslims do not. They are welcome to participate but their practices would not make a compelling argument.

Everything else you want to talk about is up for discussion. I doubt you’ll get many takers on BDSM but keep it PG-13 in public and you won’t get pushback from moderators.

We will not allow a discussion of sex or marriage below the legal age of the jurisdiction the sex or marriage takes place in.

While the Amish would have some credibility here the Mormons and Muslims do not. They are welcome to participate but their practices would not make a compelling argument.

Everything else you want to talk about is up for discussion. I doubt you’ll get many takers on BDSM but keep it PG-13 in public and you won’t get pushback from moderators.
Thank you for your reply, @The Revolting Man.

I agree, which is why I proved that the legal age is very low in most states, through the child marriage allowances.

So according to our logic here, we may discuss this as most of our jurisdictions allow for this exception, correct?

Or, do we not care about those details, and we need to not hear this UNimportant and legal discussion?

Yeah...not so much on the bdsm thing. Strikes me as a warped proxy for a natural power dynamic which should not need trappings of overtly silly props etc.

In re age issues... My second wife (plural wife) and I had a significant age gap. She was very much a mature adult albeit in her very late teens when we met and became involved. I suppose I was very lucky in that she was far more intelligent than average and very far beyond her years in more respects than I can casually list. In the end however we did not last past 8 years.
Was it because of the age difference or other incompatibility issues? Who knows in the final wash. I can say that given my druthers, while I don't have a problem with young women, I do know that marrying an extremely young woman by comparison can be a Significant challenge.
I would not have missed it for the world as we were very much in love for a goodly portion of the relationship and more importantly we have the most amazing son in the world.
All that said, I think it is best if a woman has the emotional maturity to really understand the choice she is making and that the man understand that he will have to put in a goodly amount of additional effort over and above what he might need to make with a woman his own age. The age where a woman has that maturity will vary and it is likely best to wait until she is at least twenty...just one one man's opinion

On a personal level, I would offer some advice. Don't tell us about the sexual proclivities. Even in the vague terms. It is not the place for it and you will receive short shrift by making it a regular topic. Yeah some recreational shenanigans get discussed here in pretty vague terms but not the forum for going particularly deep about our or our wives particular tastes.

Nobody wants to hear about my fantasies involving a pretty wife wearing only an an apron and carrying a low-ball full of bourbon on the rocks helping me to smoke a brisket and by the same token, nobody wants to know if you are wearing leather and twirling handcuffs.

Thank you for your reply, @The Revolting Man.

I agree, which is why I proved that the legal age is very low in most states, through the child marriage allowances.

So according to our logic here, we may discuss this as most of our jurisdictions allow for this exception, correct?

Or, do we not care about those details, and we need to not hear this UNimportant and legal discussion?
No. This is a line we are not going to brush up against. Obey God, follow your conscience and stay in compliance with the statutes of your jurisdiction. Discussion over. Nothing more to say. I’ve covered the topic like a blanket.

@ManOfGod are you a single man? Looking for a female who is like-minded in your beliefs?

This is my first post, never been on here before.

I am a pentecostal, but I have come to believe in public wearing of full hair('head') coverings, polygyny, male headship, woman subjugation/ownership, BDSM(BTW), and that women can marry as soon as they want to.

Does anyone agree with me?

Not looking to debate. But will field any good faith questions. (If you have accusations, rebuke, or reprove, please do so with the Word of God our head, not just reason.)

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Admins, I tried to read the rules. If this violates the rules somehow, let me know please.

Non-Exhaustive List of Scriptural foundation:

1. Head covering: 1 Cor. 11(esp. v.3)

2. Male Headship: », 1 Tim. 2:8-15, 1 Peter :1-7, Eph. 5:22-6:4

3. Polygyny: 2 Sam. 12:8, 2 Chron. 24:1-3, 1 Kings 5:13, 1 Kings 15:5, "Heir Doctrine", "Ordination Doctrine".

4. Woman Subjugation/Ownership: 1 Cor. 7:2(YLT98) Version, Eph. 5:24, "Heir Doctrine", 1 Cor. 11:3,9, "LYNAY Doctrine", Ezekiel 16:8.

5. BDSM: ditto, 7:33-34

6. Age of Marriage: Acts 5:29, 1 Cor. 7:2,9,36, "Flower Doctrine", Ezekiel 16:6-8, "Rebekah 'Damsel' Doctrine", "Ancient Practice Doctrine", "LYNAY Doctrine"

Reach out everyone, I want to see if there are others who see the truth as I see it.

I:58:6
Nice list, but I guess that the title of the thread shows your motivation.

First avoid term child marriage. I'm certain you do not mean under teen years people, but more later teen years. Still just term will create association you don't want.

And biologically speaking, marriage age should be age of sexually maturity which brings it's own problems. Basically, people don't mature at same time, so something else easier will finish as bechmark.

Anyway, best to avoid this topic. Polygamy is already too associated with too young girls for marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Wyoming. The age of consent here for a legal first marriage is sixteen. A sixteen year old can marry with parental permission or else legally emancipate and then marry or join a family. Or the circus or whatever. Once you're sixteen and you're a legal adult you can do whatever you want. Even if you don't legally emancipate no one cares so long as your parents are okay with it. But 16 is the line and beyond this You. Shall. Not. PASS! :p

The recipe for success I've seen most of the time is a man marrying a first wife who is his age or maybe a little younger. They get a home started, they have some kids, they get things paid off, and then they take in a plural. The pattern I often see is the plural comes into the family first as a helper or nanny and then things move along...or not.

Age differences for plurals are usually a bit more than for first wives. It's not so much the age difference that matters here but the age of the plural. Younger women will fit better into a family while older women will often want the family to fit them. Just the way it is.

All that said, I think it is best if a woman has the emotional maturity to really understand the choice she is making and that the man understand that he will have to put in a goodly amount of additional effort over and above what he might need to make with a woman his own age. The age where a woman has that maturity will vary and it is likely best to wait until she is at least twenty...just one one man's opinion

Some young women are ready at sixteen. Mature, level headed, fully understanding what they're doing.

I reached that point right around my fourth baby. ;)

Some young women are ready at sixteen. Mature, level headed, fully understanding what they're doing.

I reached that point right around my fourth baby. ;)

I image they exist. I would be pretty reticent myself.
While I am very happy to learn a potential/wife's life context and hobbies, music etc...play teacher and mentor so on and so forth...I would likely make for a bit of a chore for someone that age to learn my life context without some degree of difficulty

Plus, with the super big age gap, there is always the perception thst the man is predatory. In the case of the plig set, it must be some sort of cult.

No. This is a line we are not going to brush up against. Obey God, follow your conscience and stay in compliance with the statutes of your jurisdiction. Discussion over. Nothing more to say. I’ve covered the topic like a blanket.
Is there any way I can bring this to the board for review?

Is there any way I can bring this to the board for review?
It would serve no purpose as this is enforced at the board's specific instruction. As you keep going back to a matter we do not intend to discuss further I will now lock the thread to end this.

@ManOfGod, I believe you have a very unhealthy obsession with an issue that risks getting you in a lot of trouble. I would strongly advise you to stop obsessing about this matter and shift your attention to something healthier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back