• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Ailing first wife

Robeld

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I have recently had some major paradigm shifts and attitude changes concerning my husband's first (legal) wife. She has been in declining health for 15 years, long before I met them. I don't know her extremely well, but have always been upset on how she treated him. Only the Father knows how long she has left and I am trying to be of help to her, when allowed. She is VERY private and doesn't let anyone too close. Prayers for all of us please, but especially her as she is really suffering physically, spiritually and emotionally. Husband is her caretaker...I do not live with them, but we may change that if we can get her on board. Thanks everyone.

Praying.

I have recently had some major paradigm shifts and attitude changes concerning my husband's first (legal) wife. She has been in declining health for 15 years, long before I met them. I don't know her extremely well, but have always been upset on how she treated him. Only the Father knows how long she has left and I am trying to be of help to her, when allowed. She is VERY private and doesn't let anyone too close. Prayers for all of us please, but especially her as she is really suffering physically, spiritually and emotionally. Husband is her caretaker...I do not live with them, but we may change that if we can get her on board. Thanks everyone.

Praying...

Also.. is your story here on this forum?

God bless you and your family

Praying

Praying...

Also.. is your story here on this forum?

God bless you and your family
No not really. I think I probably introduced myself at first but didn't share much personal information, due to really not "coming out" yet. I only share that here on the forums and he has given the ok for that. I have just recently began referring to him as husband here, but no one in our Messianic fellowship or family (except for one family member on my side) knows anything beyond that we are friends and traveling companions. His FW is not on the same page spiritually, but does off-handedly refer to me as wife #2 or concubine. He doesn't like that second term actually. :)

No not really. I think I probably introduced myself at first but didn't share much personal information, due to really not "coming out" yet. I only share that here on the forums and he has given the ok for that. I have just recently began referring to him as husband here, but no one in our Messianic fellowship or family (except for one family member on my side) knows anything beyond that we are friends and traveling companions. His FW is not on the same page spiritually, but does off-handedly refer to me as wife #2 or concubine. He doesn't like that second term actually. :)

I hope one day that you and your family will be confident in coming out as who you are. I would love to hear your plural family journey.

Praying for you as well, dear sis! Thank you for your stand and that of your husband for truth! May Yah open the doors for you both to be faithful and true witnesses to Him in your family, fellowship and beyond.

You are both amazing as you model righteousness in a difficult situation. I bless you and look forward to how He uses you in advancing the Kingdom.

We will be praying for you and your family

I am that husband and I must confess that my first wife and I came together when we were totally in sin and unbelief, as I came to know YHWH I learned many truths about my past and am still learning. My search now was for a woman who would be a true Israelite, with heart for the Israel of the scriptures. I found one, actually I didn't find her she found me. Truly a gift from above. We've been to Israel 3 times now and are learning together in a way that was totally missing with my first wife. I still love and care for her and am a 24 7 caregiver to her and will be to the end. My Israelite wife helps me and supports me greatly. So never take a second wife unless she is in the same vein as you and walking closely on the same path. You don't know this overnight. Just a little tidbit...Joshua 23:12f....among many other places....to me following the words of scripture is utmost and is not for one who denies them...my life has become a joy since i opened up to truth and recieved it.

@Shaul , welcome and Shalom. So glad you are here and excited to watch your journey of faith and growth in Messiah and His people.

I will be praying

I am that husband and I must confess that my first wife and I came together when we were totally in sin and unbelief, as I came to know YHWH I learned many truths about my past and am still learning. My search now was for a woman who would be a true Israelite, with heart for the Israel of the scriptures. I found one, actually I didn't find her she found me. Truly a gift from above. We've been to Israel 3 times now and are learning together in a way that was totally missing with my first wife. I still love and care for her and am a 24 7 caregiver to her and will be to the end. My Israelite wife helps me and supports me greatly. So never take a second wife unless she is in the same vein as you and walking closely on the same path. You don't know this overnight. Just a little tidbit...Joshua 23:12f....among many other places....to me following the words of scripture is utmost and is not for one who denies them...my life has become a joy since i opened up to truth and recieved it.
Welcome glad to hear about the way the Lord has blessed you with your second wife. Also praying for more grace on your first.

Back