• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Almost time to move!

UntoldGlory

Male
Today I finished up my last full day in the office, and the movers will be coming on the 9th to pack up our stuff. Thankfully the military is paying for the move because after our views on poly became known and we got kicked out of our church our support network here has dropped to basically zero. I'm pretty sure I'd have better luck getting friends to drive from a few hours away to help me move!

Anyway, I'm so excited to be headed back. The last year has been a social wasteland in our current small (to us, and certainly in mindset) town. Heck, we've already got a couple of social events lined up with a pretty good crew of folk and most if not all of those people already know about our beliefs! So stoked. Also, since I'm not going to be a recruiter anymore (just finished my tour there, not getting kicked out of that because of beliefs or anything, lol!) I don't have to worry so much about talking to people about our beliefs, don't have to worry about the "recruiter public image".

I just can't wait!

Really glad to hear there is so much positive in this move. Praying it all goes smoothly. Blessings!

I always heard recruiting duty was some of the hardest duty in the military. Congratulations on a successful tour.

There were plenty of times I and my flight mates would have happily traded our "cushy" recruiting gig for a tour in Afghanistan as a security forces augmentee, that's for sure. I managed to stay off medication due to a strong family and spiritual life, but 4 out of the 6 recruiters in my flight had to go on medication for stress/anxiety/depression. I'll happily go back to turning wrenches on planes thank-you-very-much, lol!

Are you enlisted or an officer? I'm a Marine so I never memorized the Air Force rank structure in the snco ranks. Is this going to put you inline for a promotion? I remember that completing A billets seemed to precede a promotion pretty closely.

Enlisted. It doesn't directly help me get promoted for my next rank, though it will help me for later ranks and helps indirectly for this next one. You see, this next rank is the last one that I purely test for. Normally we take a test on our leadership/AF knowledge, and a separate test on our job specific knowledge. While I am in recruiting and for a year after I only have to take the first test, and they multiply my score by two. I don't take the "job knowledge" test. Now while in recruiting that doesn't really help, because I'm only competing against other recruiters in the same boat, but next year I will be competing against people in my regular job, but only having one book to study instead of 4. Plus I think I'm getting a meritorious service medal, which nets me a couple extra points towards promotion.

Now that's for E-6. For E-7 there is a board involved, and that's where things like special duties and having held multiple specialties really helps you stand out over other people that have just done one job they're whole career.

In the Corps an A billet like recruiting duty or drill field was almost necessary to pick up staff sergeant and certainly gunny. That was twenty years ago though.

I trust everything you say is legit. What do the Moderators think? IF it is, hang in there and trust God.

I just tried to upload my photo, so people can put a face to my comments. It wouldn't go. Can I send my snap to anyone, who would be willing to upload it to BiblicalFamilies?

Gregory: To upload your photo, go to "Welcome Gregory66" top right of page, then User Control Panel - Profile - Edit avatar.

I'm not exactly sure to what you are referring when you talk about thinks being legit Gregory? As to what the moderators think... well, I am one.

I can honestly say that I echo Gregory66's sentiment.

I too, trust everything you say is legit, and would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Also I hope your move is executed smoothly and that you find a community of people who will accept and bless your family.

Well I emailed the whole story/research to one of my friends and pastors at our old church. I'd thought about just talking to him and the old head pastor in person, but I found out one of the pastors from the church that kicked us out here is now the youth pastor *there*, and I wanted to find out if there was any point in setting foot in the door now. We miss corporate worship music if nothing else.

Hope it has a positive outcome, at least in some way. Will be praying for your family.

If you end up without a congregation that accepts you, that may well be YHWH's plan. Sometimes He wants us in the wilderness specifically because He has things to teach us that we'd overlook if we were in our comfortable surroundings. I've learnt so much more about Him since I was booted out of "church"! :D

So you're about to find out where He wants you. Whatever the answer, embrace it, it's the next step on the journey He wants you on so it will be awesome.

Back