• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Am I the best that He has?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I am the best that YHWH has for the job that He has for me.
Scads of others are so much better than me, but they have their own assignments. If I fail in my assignment, it may go undone. Or, possibly, someone else's may go undone while they are drawn off to complete mine.

Whatever YHWH is asking of you or is planning for you to do, you are the best that He has available to accomplish it.

Sometimes I think of YHWH assigning an angel with a task and telling him that steve will be his earthly helper and the angel says: "Is he the best that you can do for me?"
YHWH then says: "Deal with it." :D

Love this! Being quite thoughtful on the road there Steve. ;)

oh boy do i relate to that !!
i.e.
am i the best that the Creator has for the work i do!

Good point!

(smile/sigh!)
j/L Matrika 52 - alias "Granny" Matrika / Rolling Buffalo Woman

p s just an interesting note, some Native American Indian tribes practiced polygamy so that a widow would not remain alone and uncared for, if her husband died. i can't help wondering if our country might be a lot more financially stable if widows and single moms could be poly-wives and thus cared for. i believe it is in one of the letters of Paul to Timothy that it suggests that the younger widows marry. i can't help wondering if that was to a man that was already married. After all Paul also says that the Bishop should have only one wife, which implies that some folks had more than one to me.

i'm not poly, but i do read Isaiah 4 as predicting that poly would return in practice, in these troubling times. Surely with all the war in the world - including gang war - there are probably a lot more women available nowadays then there are men!

And i always think about 1 John 4:7 and 8 when i think of the poly household, with which i am friends: "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God and EVERYONE THAT LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD....for....GOD IS LOVE" (emphasis mine!) This poly household i am friendly with, nobody can show me anyone i know who loves more!

1 Corinthians 7:39 addresses this succinctly, I believe. The newly widowed may be married to whom she will. The only exclusion is the same as the Leviratical exclusion. It must be to a man from her former husbands family, thus the exclusive phrase, "only in the Lord". (This of course assumes it was a believer that passed away)

Exactly. Over and over the prime factor in a Christian marrying is that they are not to marry an unbeliever regardless of if they were the first husbands brothers not. IMHO Paul excludes anyone other than a believer.

I also think that this goes along with the OT restrictions for the Levites. They could marry a maiden from any of the tribes of Israel, but only widows who'd been married to another Levite

Back