• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Amendment 2 In Fl/Prop 8 In CA

The line about Job referred to you're appalling comment about churches under attack reaping what they sow. You had to assign a wrongdoing to blame them for their own persecutions. You have to deeply contextualize the situation for state registration to even hint of sinfulness. As it sits paperwork doesn't force any change in doctrine or priority of the church. Quite frankly we're not talking about delators.

In countries facing levels of actual persecution where the question of state registration is a legitimate one God works thought both the registered and underground churches, and while they often dislike each other they empower each other.

For a not bad article on the Church in China,
http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/chinese-c ... -rated-9.7

One of the closing paragraphs is something that needs to be considered carefully before railing against the flawed but functional western governments.

"But American Christians, who so often bitterly slander and castigate one another over doctrinal disputes, can hardly offer suggestions to their Chinese brethren that are not tinged with hypocrisy and arrogance."

RE:
...flawed but functional western governments.

Saul had one, and so did Ahab, and many other kings who "did evil in the sight of the Lord". Mussolini is credited with good train service, and we in Amerika once had a Constitution, rather than an Emperor. No further comment.

You have to deeply contextualize the situation for state registration to even hint of sinfulness. As it sits paperwork doesn't force any change in doctrine or priority of the church...

It is your ignorance of the truth of the situation that is "appalling", Tlaloc. Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the state of Amerikan "law", from the claims of the IRS, to elections, labor, hiring, and "hate speech", before further pontification.

If you don't understand what is ALREADY happening, I won't respect your input on what prophecy says is coming.

Thats fine Mark, I am fine if you disbelieve my prophecy concerning revival. Really what it was was an extrapolation of historical observations. All things may well fail, but we're not at any special point of depravity where we can 'call it' as the end.

As far as America is concerned every check and every balance is in just a few months going to be totally gone. Judicial legislation is a reality and all the houses are stacked. For at least two years you have an emperor. Its not far from how you're system was before this either.

That is entirely outside the point. You're whining that things arn't as they should be and pouting. What are you're claims worth on this mater? You claim not voting is getting out from the beast (as if), but you sit in all the opulence you're Babylon provides. Come to grips with China and Sudan before crying about how bad you're government is.

I am well familiar with despicable policies of each of our governments, Canada is also far from its constitution, and our only real constituialist party the CHP is too scattered to get seats. I'm saying come to grips with how bad it is, realize how good it is, and do what you can to fix it on every level.

The first thing we have here is a failure to grasp the point I've been trying to make since we started this,

If you recall, you cited coming out of Babylon as the reason for not voting. As I've said, repeatedly, coming out of that would have to involve actually leaving. So long as you live there you participate in and support the system. Voting or not voting is immaterial if you think you're in Babylon. Its staunchly hypocritical to say 'I live here but I wont vote' and think that means you came out of the system.

The second thing you seem to be missing is the the failings of America are in no way unique to America. Even the depths which you mentioned in practicum are not America specific or even America first problems. Like it or not America has maintained its ties to God better than any other industrialized nation in the world, and the results of Prop 8 show that. There are plenty of bad things, but there are good things still there that can be worked with.

The post in practicum just re-enforces how perplexed I am that you would stay in a place so dangerous to you. It's still a relatively simple thing to move outside the jurisdiction of any nation, and it isn't as if you're case is high profile enough to warrant extradition even in Canada, if you went to Mexico you could disappear from them entirely. Why would you stay anywhere at the cost of losing someone when you can skip the country and rendezvous, probably at an increase in you're wealth by currency conversion. It's another piece of inaction I simply can't understand.

The first thing we have here is a failure to grasp the point I've been trying to make since we started this...

No, the point was rightfully rejected.

If you recall, you cited coming out of Babylon as the reason for not voting. As I've said, repeatedly, coming out of that would have to involve actually leaving.

There are MANY reasons for refusing to participate in a fraudulent system; "coming out" is but one of them. The Declaration - that document that you fail to read or understand - rightly outlined another, "the consent of the governed". There are many more.

And saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true, merely obnoxious. And it certainly doesn't make it any of your business.

Well, you're the one that cited coming out. If you feel that coming out can be effectively re-interpreted stay there and enjoy the luxury of but dont vote, then you've got it.

Otherwise you pretty much sidestep key points especially when they come into a multinational level, so, not much to say.

You have NOTHING edifying to say, "Tlaloc", but persist in spite of your ignorance, and your bold anonymity. My last response to you was obviously too polite.

1Cor.14
[38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant

Matt.7
[6] Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make them drink.

Gentlemen, It is time for a "time out".

Nathan7 said:
I also have the same quandary: I actually don't mind the way it's worded - marriage IS between one man and one woman - since they didn't add "and a man may only contract one such marriage", it's not a problem for me. (I don't go for the Big Love wording: "there's four of us in this marriage".)
At the same time, I really just want the government out of the marriage business altogether, and isn't voting for it giving implicit agreement that the government has the right to define marriage?

What other thoughts do people have?

Right now I lean towards not voting on that amendment at all (leave it blank).

voting for it explicitly acknowledges that this antichrist government has the right to define marriage, just as voting for anything having to do with this antichrist government gives explicit approval of this antichrist government's existence and outright rebellion against the creator.

Mark C said:
God has defined marriage.

For man to attempt to say that He didn't get it right, can't be trusted to do so without Caesar's wisdom, or must be overruled, is pure Evil.

What was it that our Savior said about replacing His commandments with man's traditions?

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP! :mrgreen:

Back