• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

America's funny home movies

torahlovesalvation

Real Person
Ya. We're talking about the same show.
I'm a little ticked because yet another show is showing the American family in modern day derailing.
It was a preschool girl playing with a feather over an AC vent. Every time she stepped onto the vent... tada, Marilyn Monroe. That is one thing. But then the three little boys put there heads close to the ground to look up at her panties.
Ya.
So this goes on for 3 or 4 times. Each time the boys giggle, and the audience is laughing.
- I was not amused.

Now. If you don't see the problem with this then you really don't understand where we are headed, and fast.
So I'll let this video explain. Then post.
Please pray before watching. I don't want this to be a snare for anyone.

For those who choose not to watch the documentary.

Opens with national dance competition.

Then states G rated movies have been found to show the same skin\lack of clothing as R rated.

A 2012 study showed self-sexualization started in 6-9 year old girls.

The telling of our young girls that they are not good enough and therefore need makeup, starts with playful Barbie makeup kits.

CBS NBC and Disney own most of the media drowning children.

Various examples of subliminal childrens programming. Katy Perry on Sesame Street. Disney movies with hidden scenes in words. Lion King 2 song in your panties.

Shows Once encouraged Family Values now taking parents out of the picture completely. Or told to shut up and shown as ignorant and stupid. No more Family Matters or Fresh Prince or Brady Bunch etc.

A touch on celebrity worship.

Corporate pedophilia. A term for the tween clothing Market. 8-12

An illustration of Photoshop model.

Some young ladies telling it like it is.

Ugh! I'd love to hear some of the ways that y'all have taken to guard your kids against this stuff because I am afraid for my future children. In a lot of ways, our current society is gross and enables gross behavior.

Ok. What about the increasing scarce sources of modest clothing?

This really is an interesting challenge. I would tell you that it is one time I am thankful for all boys, but the truth is that the immodest clothing is aimed at them.

I can't remember the store's name, but a while back I heard of a chain that focused on modest clothing.

All that plus: Homeschooling. Deliberate cultivation of friendships with suitable children who will not be a bad influence.
We don't homeschool, but our local district is a pretty conservative district without a social agenda axe to grind.

Yes! Always monitor friends. Better yet, interview parents first.

Having girls wear shorts under their dresses is what many families do.

My mother wouldn't allow me out of the house in a skirt without spandex shorts or tights underneath actually, depending on the weather.

It wasn't and still isn't (for my sisters) a stuffy household in that respect, but she had standards for us to ensure that we weren't attracting the wrong sort of attention or advertising ourselves as immodest girls.

We have three children 12 11 , 2
The controls on the older two are obviously very different than the youngest.
Our expectations are clear but open for discussion.
My hope is that I will teach them to be their own moderator as they grow
If I can help them to understand who they are and what God made them to be,they then understand what behaviour is fitting (or not )with there character as God made them to be.
They attend a Christian school which helps.
However there is still a need to closely monitor what is being taught. ( not all "Christian" thinking is good)
We have many good discussion times where I ask questions around what they have been through during the day.

Children are very good receivers of information
But are poor interpreters of some of this information

With discussion brings understanding and perspective
As there father , I see my job as their head teacher/ protector

Obviously the discussion with the two year old is a lot more fun and simple lol

We just watched a commercial for the HPV vaccinations.
It uses the children to shame parents into agreeing.

This society is in a handbasket and dropping fast.

I still haven't decided to watch the vid.
I appreciate your Cliff's notes, tls. I just don't know if I can stomach it.

Honestly, @steve, if you are questioning it, don't. I watched it and while it was eye-opening, it was terribly saddening. There is nothing that you aren't already aware of, but it sure makes it real.

We just watched a commercial for the HPV vaccinations.
It uses the children to shame parents into agreeing.

This society is in a handbasket and dropping fast.
But everybody's doing it.
Don't you want to protect your child?
Don't you love your child?
You are abusing your child if you turn a blind eye to this.
Irresponsible parents need reeducation by your local, friendly government official.:eek:

I still haven't decided to watch the vid.
I appreciate your Cliff's notes, tls. I just don't know if I can stomach it.
I have a young daughter. I choose to boycott.

Back