• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Any plural families from the Nebraska area...

Jamiekudlacz

Hi I'm looking to meet another polygamist family. It's just my husband, me,my sisterwife and our children. We live a pretty big city but have never met another plural family. It would be great to meet another family we could relate to. So if anyone is from Nebraska let me know we would love to talk to you:)

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forum!

We're not plural yet (the wife made sure I mentioned that part), but we do live in Nebraska if you're looking for pro-poly connections. I'm assuming based on your post that you're in either Omaha or Lincoln. We're not, but are in those cities reasonably often for one reason or another. If you'd posted about a week earlier we just hosted a great plural family on Sunday and Monday who were driving I-80 on their way home from a retreat. Anyway, we'd certainly be willing to chat if you're interested.

Hi yes we are from omaha. I really didn't think we would find any poly or poly friendly people close to us. Most of our experiences with friends and family have been negative with only a few exceptions, but all of our neighbors have no problem with it lol. Do you know of any poly friendly churches in the omaha or Nebraska area?? I have looked but with no luck:(

Not specifically as of yet. I'm just about to introduce the idea at my church out here in Grand Island. You know, I'm on very good terms with our last pastor, from when we lived in Omaha. I haven't brought the idea up to him yet as we don't currently live there, but I've been kind of wanting to anyway. Shall I inquire of him what the church's stance is?

Ok, I've emailed him, let you know as soon as I hear something. I'm pretty anxious to hear actually, because we do eventually want to move back to Omaha, and we REALLY like that church. One of my best friends is a drummer/bassist there, and I used to play on the team myself.

Ok, got a response for you. Sounds like you've got a church to check out. It's Relevant Community Church in Elkhorn. Copy pasting his response from email. relevantcommunity.org is the web site.

Quote:
Hey bro. Great to hear from you. Sorry I am just getting back to you. It has been a crazy week!!!

In short, regardless of where anyone is, my hope and prayer is that they are loved and accepted at Relevant. For instance, we have a couple of lesbian couples who are a part of our community. That being said, love and acceptance does not mean that we agree on everything. I will always preach and teach based on what I am convicted the Word of God says. I would shy away from saying that I disagree with polygamy, but would love them where they are at regardless of that.

I hope that makes sense. That is about the clearest answer I can give you.

You da man

Ronnie Rothe
Lead Pastor - Relevant Community Church
P.O. Box 520, Elkhorn, NE, 68022

I have to say that I expected a response of love and acceptance. I am encouraged to know that he wouldn't necessarily say he disagrees with polygamy, though he may not actually agree at this point either.

Ronnie is a terrific pastor. The boys still miss listening to him preach two years later. And Relevant is the church that is closest to what I read about in the New Testament in terms of everyone being involved and loving and accepting each other.

Back