• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Archie Andrew’s - America’s First Polygynist

All those who would like to sign the petition for a private message thread for the really good stuff, please sign here.

1. Nick
2. Megan
3. Memefan
4. HomesteadWife
5. ChoosingGod
6. Joleneakamama
7. CatieF

Last edited:
Fixed

All those who would like to sign the petition for a private message thread for the really good stuff, please sign here.

1. Nick
2. Megan
3. Memefan
4. Homesteadwife
The last petition I signed got me (as part of the individuals who signed) a chewing out by a priest.....lol I was 17, on a pilgrimage trip with a coed group of 50 or so American (Traditional Catholic) 18- mid 20's. A petition went around to hold a dance on one of the nights. I signed, and my friend/roommate traveling with me did not. A dance....tsk tsk... to many hormones can be dangerous....

The last petition I signed got me (as part of the individuals who signed) a chewing out by a priest.....lol I was 17, on a pilgrimage trip with a coed group of 50 or so American (Traditional Catholic) 18- mid 20's. A petition went around to hold a dance on one of the nights. I signed, and my friend/roommate traveling with me did not. A dance....tsk tsk... to many hormones can be dangerous....
What the worst that happen?

Gift of new life. Is that very bad? 😱😱😱😱

You just meet lazy priest unwilling to do few marriage ceremonies.

What the worst that happen?

Gift of new life. Is that very bad? 😱😱😱😱

You just meet lazy priest unwilling to do few marriage ceremonies.
I guess I need to add a little further context, we were over in Europe at the time. So priest was one of the responsible adult guardians of trip.

Honestly I think part of the point of the pilgrimage trip WAS for young adults from across the country having the ability to meet someone of opposite gender who did not go to their local parish....so marriage ceremonies was an ulterior motive for some. I think I can name at least 3-4 marriages that happened afterwards from this trip. lol

One major issue in the Traditional Catholic church is that if you are not able to find a spouse around your age by 18-20 (especially for girls) then all the eligible opposite gender are matched up and you have to start 'visiting' around the country in order to find other suitable marriage potentials. Who also missed the boat in their church. Traditional Catholic moms are VERY defensive when this happens and they have daughters not married off, as you might be stealing from the eligible men...who are already not enough some places. My sister found her husband in Florida.

I guess I need to add a little further context, we were over in Europe at the time. So priest was one of the responsible adult guardians of trip.

Honestly I think part of the point of the pilgrimage trip WAS for young adults from across the country having the ability to meet someone of opposite gender who did not go to their local parish....so marriage ceremonies was an ulterior motive for some. I think I can name at least 3-4 marriages that happened afterwards from this trip. lol

One major issue in the Traditional Catholic church is that if you are not able to find a spouse around your age by 18-20 (especially for girls) then all the eligible opposite gender are matched up and you have to start 'visiting' around the country in order to find other suitable marriage potentials. Who also missed the boat in their church. Traditional Catholic moms are VERY defensive when this happens and they have daughters not married off, as you might be stealing from the eligible men...who are already not enough some places. My sister found her husband in Florida.
So - you're saying there are many young Catholic ladies who can't find a husband, and have been raised well by traditional parents? Interesting... :)

Back