• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Article link: "7 Steps to Grooming Your Young Christian Wife"

Patrick Lauser

Male
Hello all!

Found this article discussed (with disgust) on Facebook, thought I poke it over here to compare reactions (for science).

7 Steps to Grooming Your Young Christian Wife

Brings up some things to do with our
Taken in Hand/Domestic Discipline
thread.

A few of my thoughts:

I think he spent too much time trying to make his use of the word "grooming" seem like a philosophical choice. Though I kind of agree, I still think click bait was the main reason he used it. :)

“Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.” {Proverbs 5:18-19}

While husbands are commanded not to deny sexual relations to their wives in Exodus 21:10-11 in 1 Corinthians 7:3-5, the Bible never commands wives to make their husbands satisfy them sexually. It does however command men to do just that in the passage above.
It seems to me that if this can be taken as "a command to make her satisfy you" then you can easily say that wives are commanded the same thing. Rather, "let her satisfy thee" grammatically speaking is a command to be satisfied, not to make her do anything (the only confusion would be if someone thought it meant "allow her to satisfy thee" :rolleyes:).

On the subject though, while some say that "neither husband or wife can deny, but also neither can demand", I find this dubious. It sounds like an attempt to pacify people who reject the whole idea.

A visual guide to grooming your wife:
Rhesus_monkeys_grooming1.jpg

Actually, I was thinking that her expression of proud authority while her male served her every need showed that grooming is an obviously submissive activity, a reversal of the true order of things, and should be rejected entirely by every patriarchal-minded man. Unless you really like eating bugs and are quite hungry.

Don't groom your young Christian wife. Let her groom you. :)

not having spot, or wrinkle, or any bug

Back