• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Asbury college "revival"?

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
Have you guys heard about what's going on at Asbury college? It seems like there is likely a genuine movement of the Holy Spirit. I praise God. We need Him. We need repentance, conversion, and holiness.

Go check it out on YouTube

I tend to be skeptical as I was raised in more "revivalistic circles".

By the way, Ian Murray wrote a book on the history of "Revival and Revivalism" and had a series of excellent lectures on the topic. I recommend them

We do desire the gracious movement of the Lord on our peoples and nations

Are you certain revival is genuine?

First warning thread from Twitter:

From what sins are people here repenting?

Look at picture in lower left corner: Not good.
Nope. I'm not certain.

Also, I think these things are sometimes mixed bags. Some people might be having genuine encounters with God, while others are merely mixed up in emotions.

Are you certain revival is genuine?

First warning thread from Twitter:

From what sins are people here repenting?

Look at picture in lower left corner: Not good.
When the Lord moves, queer folks and feminists (among other people) will cast off those sins. People also cast off materialism, Marxism, the fear of man, pride, and many other evils.

Time will tell what is genuine and what isn't. I do sincerely pray that God is at work.

Have you guys heard about what's going on at Asbury college? It seems like there is likely a genuine movement of the Holy Spirit. I praise God. We need Him. We need repentance, conversion, and holiness.

Go check it out on YouTube

I tend to be skeptical as I was raised in more "revivalistic circles".

By the way, Ian Murray wrote a book on the history of "Revival and Revivalism" and had a series of excellent lectures on the topic. I recommend them

We do desire the gracious movement of the Lord on our peoples and nations
I'm dubious of these 'revivals' unless they are forsaking sin (enumerated in Torah) and embracing the everlasting covenant (Torah) that is to be written on their hearts. (See what the new covenant will do, who it will do it with, and what the result will be... )

My revival happened when I started keeping Shabbat and searched for traditions of men to delete from my 'religious' drive.

😊

Almost went to Asbury after high school when I wanted to be a youth minister. I remember on the campus visit they were very proud of their past revivals and talked about them. I ended up not going after God clearly called me in a different direction. Very interesting to see this now…

Almost went to Asbury after high school when I wanted to be a youth minister. I remember on the campus visit they were very proud of their past revivals and talked about them. I ended up not going after God clearly called me in a different direction. Very interesting to see this now…
It is very interesting

One of my wives, Ali, is there, she and some friends got there late yesterday.
It’s been pretty much as advertised.
The campus is wall-to wall people and she never made it inside of any of the numerous inside locations. Gym, auditorium, chapels, Baptist church, are all open and slammed.
Thousands still outside, some tents set up for shelter (it had snowed the day before).
She is pretty blown away by it all. Deliverance happening on the lawn kinds of things.

When the Lord moves, queer folks and feminists (among other people) will cast off those sins. People also cast off materialism, Marxism, the fear of man, pride, and many other evils.

Time will tell what is genuine and what isn't. I do sincerely pray that God is at work.
Did they confess these sins or not?

This was discussed at fellowship this morning and the news was that the administration at Asbury has shut down the revival.

No room for Jesus at Asbury.

This was discussed at fellowship this morning and the news was that the administration at Asbury has shut down the revival.

No room for Jesus at Asbury.
I have a wife that was there all day, that wasn’t her experience.

I understand that the school must return to its proper function at some point and not become a tourist destination as people try to make it what Yah never intended, which always happens. 🤷

Well, one thing for sure is no one can blame Asbury for letting a Christian revival movement get out of control.

There's a certain irony in how their action takes place with the start of the Lenten season.

I wonder of what quality are the Pharisees and Sadducees coming out of Asbury?

Back