• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Attitude is everything

For the record,

Wife-jobs refers to the things that we do naturally, that hubby wouldn't have a clue about if he were to try. Think multi-tasking.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend a day sewing or shopping but I would always have to work harder to make up for the fun. I would also never hesitate to spend a day doing these things with a sister-wife and leaving everything to be made up for later. I was simply using this as an example.

As for sex-on-demand, I don't think that is a bad thing whatsoever, but that is not what I was referring to at all. I was referring to the ever present, cooking, cleaning and laundry that have to be done no matter what. If only it were that exotic.

And seriously, who wants hubby to do their laundry. Every time mine does laundry I lose a garment. (He doesn't understand the concept of drip-dry.)

I do not infantize (however that is spelled). He has Man-jobs that he is accountable for too. But truthfully, I care for him because he is my husband and that is something I love to do. I love to always give good meals and a nice home for us to live in. Does it hurt that I miss having a sw to help me in both the creation and enjoyment of that atmosphere? This post was about attitude, not specifics. I don't care if your hubby wants you to collect bugs. If you do it with a great attitude it is a sweet aroma to the Lord.

I just want everyone to at least know the benefits of having a great attitude.

And no, I am not over my bad day, but I will be soon.

SweetLissa

Isabella said:
I have a husband who is not a natural leader.

I am confused, surely if you are the natural head of the home, than what you are doing by changing your role is forcing both yourself and your husband to behave unnaturally to conform to an outside proscribed behaviour?
How are you helping your husband by asking him to behave in a way which is unnatural to him?
It doesn't seem very loving, It seems very pressurising and stressful. it seems more like social control but social control imposed by someone who loves you. Reminds me of those people who try to get a naturally studious, shy boy to 'man up' and act like a Sporty jock because that is what is valued by social norms as Alpha male behaviour.

It seems awfully tragic.

B
There are many many men called by God to be leaders that were not BORN leaders. However God supplied and prepared them with what they needed to be the leaders they were called to be.

In my situation. My husband and I have chosen to submit and be obedient to our Lord and Saviour in taking up the rolls we are called to be in. As the woman and wife in our home I am called to be the heart, mother, nurturer. To contribute and work to raise our children and make our home a refuge for my family. As my husband and the Man my husband is called to be the Head and spiritual leader of our home. He works hard to provide financial security, spiritual guidance, Love and support.
The book of Ephesians Says that men are to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Women are called to submit to /respect our husbands as we do the Lord. For women love comes easy, not always so for men.For Men respect comes easier than for most women. God requires us to DIE to our human nature to become more like Christ.

I Prefer to live every day trying to be the person I know God wants me to be and to support my husband in his Walk with Christ than to allow human nature to run rampant. I've found that, putting human nature first in MY life causes nothing but chaos.

Hello Ladies,
I have thought about the many opinions and ideas under this topic. I must agree with Lissa about attitude is everything. I also agree with Fairlight and nikkismom. If my attitude sucks or I am not being submissive firstly to God and then to my husband then not only am I unhappy and grumpy but then so is every one else... I must also say at this point that one of the favorite things that the Chaplain says about me is "Rebel Rose is un-submissive, rebellious , and she doesnt listen!" That is me for the most part BUT I am trying to be the woman that God wants me to be and the wife that The Chaplain needs and deserves.

Is it my first choice to have a sisterwife? Honestly no, but, it is a choice that I back my husband 100%. Are some days easier than others to be that submissive and to be of the same mind as my husband? The answer to that question is YES!!!! and Yes again.. I am vocal and opinionate and most times want things done my way or I want my way. God has shown me through my husband being honest and frank with me that the way I approach him when I don't like something was actually attacking him.. It is not how i meant for it to come out but that is the way it came out. The better my attitude is in all areas of my life makes it easier for God to work on me so I can be a woman that my husband can be proud to call his and one day have my future sisterwife feel that she is welcome to have my husband/her husband become just our husband.

On another note , Lissa, Troy can multitask very well and he can wash clothes...and dishes too. :lol: He challenges you to come and do his job taking care of millions of dollars worth of oil field equipment that handles production from multiple wells from various locations..... <BG>
Blessings and Hugs,
Chaplains Rose

I am certain that I could never do Chaplains job. Nor would I want to. His job, to me, would be clearly marked Man-job. He can have it.

Love you, and thanks for your words of support.

SweetLissa

Hi Lissa,

I just wanted to say hello after taking a looooong break from Biblical Families. I was just in Orlando to visit Julie, Nita and Nathan with my husband and our about-to-be sister-wife. I have been reading the posts about attitude and I say that you are totally right-on!

I fought my husband about this for so long that it was not only ruining our relationship but also my relationship with my Heavenly Father! What it took for me was to realize that not only am I following my husband in the path that God (Yahweh) has chosen for us, but I am also submitting to the will of Yahweh (God) for my life.

When I changed my perspective and stopped looking at plural marriage as a curse that would ruin our marriage, and started looking at it as something new that my Heavenly Father wants me to do, EVERYTHING CHANGED! I have His peace that passes all understanding and I am going to Him praying for a deeper relationship with Him than I have ever had!

In response to the one who suggested fixing up the bed and the making the atmosphere more comfy for alone time, I say that I agree 100%. When it's not my night I plan on doing things that I don't get to do when he is with me (like spend time with my grandchildren or work on my quilting projects). We have had 23 years together and I refuse to see this as "being replaced" because I know better and because I have a strong enough walk with God (Yahweh) to remember that He keeps His promises to me. He said, I will never leave you or forsake you and I stand on that promise!!!

Be blessed!
Rivkah

Back