• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

August 2008 - Newsletter #3

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Greetings in name of our Lord!

Biblical Families News- Building the Church, through building the family

It’s been a “slow summer” – both staff and members of Biblical Families are busy with various commitments and issues to deal with. Yet, in less than 6 months on-line, we’ve had over a thousand postings on the Forums, and over 180 people added to our newsletter list! And we don’t even feel like we are off the ground yet. In fact, there is a noticeable rumble coming thru the calendar for us: what feels like our actual “kick off” event, the October 24-26, 2008 retreat in Dallas, is gaining momentum, as it creeps closer. More on that in a bit.

How can we help?
Please don’t forget that one of the primary purposes we see for BiblicalFamilies.org is to be support to families – whether it be single parents, or families with one wife, or more. If you are struggling in any area – relationships, spiritually, anything – know that we want to be here for you. If you don’t feel comfortable posting your struggles in the forums, just drop a note to staff@biblicalfamilies.org , and let us pray for you, offer encouragement, or counseling if desired. This is who we want to be.

How can you help?
Our ministry is growing and we are quickly getting to the point where there just aren’t enough of us to handle all the things we’d like to do. We don’t have all the skills we need either.

This is a call for volunteers to get involved to help grow this ministry into something bigger. If you have been itching to roll up your sleeves and get to work, we’d like to know about it. Send an email to admin@biblicalfamilies.org and tell us about you, and how you think you could help. We need your name and contact information and any particular skills or interests you have. You may have skills that we need. You may have ideas to help us grow. Just let us know so we can use the gifts that God gave you. If you respond, we will send you a short questionnaire to fill out. Some of you may have already received this questionnaire. If you have already returned it, we thank you. If you haven’t, but are interested in being a part, please take this opportunity to do so.

CALLING ALL PRAYER WARRIORS!!!
Even if you don’t think you are a prayer warrior, your prayers count. We have noticed that many of our brothers and sisters who are in agreement with Christian polygamy are under attack, particularly this summer, and we want to do something about it. The most effective thing we can do for them and ourselves is to pray. We are simply asking you to make a concerted effort to pray for BiblicalFamilies.org staff and members daily.
Pray for:
1. Spiritual Battles
2. God’s vision for this ministry
3. Protection for our leaders
4. Financial provision
5. Unity within the organization, and the greater Patriarchal “movement”

Also be praying about what your role might be in this ministry. We are all part of the body of Christ.

Texas Retreat, October 24-26, 2008
Less than 3 months remain until the big 2008 “Biblical Families” national Kick-Off retreat! If you don’t know about it, read about it here: 2008 Retreats
We had a great time at Oregon retreat in June (though next year we need to round up some more West Coast’ers!), meeting John_For_Christ and Women_Seeking_God of the ChristianPolygamy2@yahoo group, and others from Oregon. And the Orlando retreat in May saw 44 persons enjoying fellowship.
We will easily exceed that number in Dallas, and perhaps even double it! A location has been scouted, just about 20 miles north of the Dallas airport, that will be more comfortable than a hotel meeting room, be better for the children attending, and give more accommodation choices for people, in multiple price-ranges. We are still in negotiation for this location, so we can’t announce it yet – but look for the final announcement by the end of August. You should make your travel plans NOW – there’s no chance this retreat won’t happen.

Please consider whether this event is something you would benefit from. We are expecting that everyone will come away refreshed, and rejoicing in the chance to worship with, and fellowship with, and learn from, like-minded brothers and sisters.

Florida Happenings
One of the long-term goals of BiblicalFamilies.org is to be a support to local Christian fellowships that accept plural marriage. Well, we are making a small start at that in Florida! We have at least 6 families throughout Florida that are looking to get-together again soon, likely the August 30-31st weekend. If you are interested, live in Florida, but haven’t told us that yet – please write and let us know. Write to: nathan@biblicalfamilies.org Those of us close to Orlando are planning to start meeting regularly also, in home-group fashion. The first hint of a local church fellowship! Sorry, Texas – you are officially “challenged” to get organized! (These seem to be the first two areas with enough members to consider fellowships, we expect many more to follow over the coming years. If you are interested in helping start one in your area, write us – or post in the forums, and wait for others in your area to find you.)

Think Christian Polygamy in America is “new”? Think again
I’d like to share part of a note from a family that was very happy to find us on-line recently:
“We were raised Catholic but could not fit properly within the narrow rules of the Church, and kind of created our own Religious Philosophy in life, very close to Biblical Families, and have always share our lives with another wife. We have been married for 52 years, and have three children and seven grand-children, and we are all a very happy family, our children grew up without fear of been free thinkers, and we never hid from them our idea of family or tried to direct them to it, so they could choose the path of their mind and hearts without the shackles of bigotry. We are looking forward to a long and blessed relationship with you and the other members of this wonderful family; by the way, I found your site by accident, or maybe it was the will of God.”
We are planning on meeting this family in person soon. They surely have some great experience to be shared with the rest of us!

Pastor Randy is extra busy this summer, but he’s always available by email, just give him time to respond. You can always catch up with him at his blog, here: Pastor Randy's Blog So we’re giving others a chance to write a short inspirational note for the newsletter. First up, Chaplain T:

" Words of Thought" from Chaplain T

Think about this for a minute… Who is the one person that you strive the most to please? Well who did you name?? Was it your wife… your mom…. how about your dad… maybe you thought about your son / sons…. or maybe your daughter / daughters… What about your brother / sister… Maybe it was a grandfather / grandmother… How about a pastor/priest…. or maybe it was a boss or some other person. Well I am here to tell you that they are all the wrong answer. Now don’t misunderstand me…. they are all important people in our lives and we should do things that bring pleasure into their lives, but I submit that we need to be more concerned with bring pleasure to Yahweh ( the Lord ), than those listed or thought of. You see Yahweh ( God ) created us to commune with Him and to please Him. He created us to bring pleasure to Him. Check out what the Lord has to say about this.

Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him." ……I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses," Says the LORD, "that I am God. Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?" ….This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise. Isaiah 43:7,11-13, 21 NKJV

Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Psalm 103:21 NKJV

The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy.
Psalm 147:11 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1,2 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y'shua ( Jesus Christ ).

Back