• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Australian Issue - Gay Marriage Debate

ylop

Real Person*
Hi. Thought you might be interested to know that Gay Marriage is a hot political topic in Australia at the moment. The issue was raised by the Greens party and has some, possibly even majority, community support. Prime Minister Julie Gillard is trying to avoid discussion on the topic as I think she is afraid of losing conservative voters. The idea is opposed by some elements of the socially-conservative Liberal Party; and various Christian groups (which are relatively weak - there is no cohesive 'Christian' voter group in Australia). My suggestion is that the issue will succeed, it is just a matter of time, with an estimate ranging from 1 to 5 years. When that happens, I hope it makes some Christians stop and think why they need government sanctioned 'marriage' at all? ylop

I hope it makes some Christians stop and think why they need government sanctioned 'marriage' at all? ylop
the only place where there is hope in all of this so called progress

Even though I believe marriage is a covenant relationship between a man and woman I appreciate the fact that the gay agenda brings government sponsored marriage to the forefront of peoples minds and forces them to think about it.

Back