• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Babies!

Where you at?

• Bun's in the oven

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Bun's out and so is your sleep

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Pre-baby bearing

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Snuggling grandbabies

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Preggers/nursing AND snuggling grands ;)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Post-baby bearing

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Financial was part of it, which we couldve worked out, but beyond that all the midwives were like an hour away.. too far in our opinion. So we learned. Rockfox probably had the biggest learning curve though.. lol he was excellent..

This little one is hanging on or I'm hanging on lol I dunno which. Rockfox figures I am. A woman's subconscious mental ability over her body can be very impressive. I've mentally held off labor before but not like this. My body is giving all the signs of ready to go.. just not going.

I went overdue with one pregnancy when we had two nieces living with us and I wasn't totally comfortable. Ironically the morning after I told them I wasn't as thrilled with them being there to help as they were, we had a baby boy....in the early hours....while they were sleeping. Them helping after was great! Having to contemplate labor and delivery with two enthusiastic teenagers in the picture....was just not so great for me.

I have no idea who to blame for the other babies that were born after the due date. You'd think the ten pounders could have come earlier....late or not! :p
My latest was my smallest. I guess she needed the time in there.
I have another friend due any day. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Financial was part of it, which we couldve worked out, but beyond that all the midwives were like an hour away.. too far in our opinion. So we learned. Rockfox probably had the biggest learning curve though.. lol he was excellent..

This little one is hanging on or I'm hanging on lol I dunno which. Rockfox figures I am. A woman's subconscious mental ability over her body can be very impressive. I've mentally held off labor before but not like this. My body is giving all the signs of ready to go.. just not going.
Have you tried caster oil and orange juice to get labor moving? I also sat on a chair in the shower and let the warm water run over me but that was after labor started.
It is wonderful that your husband is so willing to go through and help with delivery. I pray you can relax and the next phase will be smooth.

@Lanora115, Your heart for babies and motherhood is so admirable and refreshing to read! :) I never thought about being a mother until I was one.

I always find it funny when I hear other moms say this. I have wanted to be a mom since I was in fourth grade. I had a super average childhood public schooled with a single mom, but I always wanted to be a stay at home mom that homeschooled.

Back