• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Babies!

Where you at?

• Bun's in the oven

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Bun's out and so is your sleep

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Pre-baby bearing

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Snuggling grandbabies

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Preggers/nursing AND snuggling grands ;)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Post-baby bearing

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
I checked "My bun is out." Not sure at what point I will be done with having babies myself. It is a sad thought for me that I deal with by thinking the grandbabies are not too far off. Right now the youngest is 17 months and not yet completely weaned. She has so many cute ways to ask. lol
It was nanas...then when I said a few times she could have a little bit she started snuggling into position and asking for "little bit" lol Most of mine were weaned younger because of the next pregnancy impacting my milk supply.

@Lanora115 you can still participate in the poll by selecting pre baby bearing.
I thought you maybe would be in the nursing grandma category. ;) That's the box I checked, lol. We haven't met the grand baby, but Zec's oldest daughter has a 6 mo son.

@Lanora115, Your heart for babies and motherhood is so admirable and refreshing to read! :) I never thought about being a mother until I was one.

I'll have to get Soldier to take one!

I've been meaning to ask. How did the UA Homebirth go? I am working with a midwife this time and so far have had minimal pushback on some of my requests and refusals. Hopefully, the next ones will be HB. :)
It's hard to even put into words. The most amazing experience of my life. Being able to labor and birth exactly how you want and feel without having anyone in your space. With only the powerful presence of God and husband. Incredible. Afterward I kept realizing more and more benefits that I had not even considered. I'd go into more detail in a PM if you'd like. :)

Oh Mariah it really is! And as of tomorrow I am moving her and her mom and dad to Houston!. I will be 5 hours away instead of 13. What a blessing!

I am sorry we won't see you at the retreat i hope to see you next year with all your beautiful babies!
Aw, I so wish we could go!

It's hard to even put into words. The most amazing experience of my life. Being able to labor and birth exactly how you want and feel without having anyone in your space. With only the powerful presence of God and husband. Incredible. Afterward I kept realizing more and more benefits that I had not even considered. I'd go into more detail in a PM if you'd like. :)
Well said!
I started off kinda that way.....and that is most of why I haven't even wanted a midwife. I would hire one in a second if she could have the baby for me, but to pay someone else to be there and perhaps have to argue with them about anything did not seem like an improvement.

Hubby and I both think midwives are GREAT. But in the modern world they have to worry about covering their own REARS, and lawsuits. Hubby and I are a team. We trust each other, and we trust our creator to lead us ....even to a hospital if needed.

Edited with caps to say what I intended in the first place....midwives have to cover their rears.

Last edited:
@windblown, I would love it if you wanted to take the time to pm me your experience! I love reading birth stories. I love pregnancy and babies myself! I'm trying to talk Soldier into letting me become a doula just so I can be around ALL the babies! :D

(I still need to get a baby bump pic uploaded.)

I've always wanted to document as we go, but I'm a horrible procrastinator and now I'm 29 weeks...:confused:

We've done all three hospital (horrid) midwife/homebirth (preferred) just us/homebirth (still way better than hospital). We like having a midwife because some times things happen that they are more prepared for.

Yes midwives have to cover their rears but if you think you don't then you are deluding yourself.

Just my two bits.

Oh I'm huge.. as big as a house.. baby due anytime.. which feels like not soon enough. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow... Sigh

@windblown, I would love it if you wanted to take the time to pm me your experience! I love reading birth stories. I love pregnancy and babies myself! I'm trying to talk Soldier into letting me become a doula just so I can be around ALL the babies! :D

(I still need to get a baby bump pic uploaded.)

I've always wanted to document as we go, but I'm a horrible procrastinator and now I'm 29 weeks...:confused:
But of course. :)

We've done all three hospital (horrid) midwife/homebirth (preferred) just us/homebirth (still way better than hospital). We like having a midwife because some times things happen that they are more prepared for.

Yes midwives have to cover their rears but if you think you don't then you are deluding yourself.

Just my two bits.
Just curious what the incentive was for you to do it unassisted. Financial reason? Or something else?

Bless your heart, I know it feels like forever but it goes by so fast in retrospect! Praying for a quick and easy labor for you and the little one. May His strength buoy you forward and His peace envelope you at this time. Birthing mamas are amazing! <3

Just curious what the incentive was for you to do it unassisted. Financial reason? Or something else?

Bless your heart, I know it feels like forever but it goes by so fast in retrospect! Praying for a quick and easy labor for you and the little one. May His strength buoy you forward and His peace envelope you at this time. Birthing mamas are amazing! <3

Financial was part of it, which we couldve worked out, but beyond that all the midwives were like an hour away.. too far in our opinion. So we learned. Rockfox probably had the biggest learning curve though.. lol he was excellent..

This little one is hanging on or I'm hanging on lol I dunno which. Rockfox figures I am. A woman's subconscious mental ability over her body can be very impressive. I've mentally held off labor before but not like this. My body is giving all the signs of ready to go.. just not going.

Back