• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Babylon Bee polygamy satire piece.

Elijahsfire

Male
The popular Facebook page and blog just launched a satirical article about liberal Christians going to accept polygamy. What most don't understand is that polygyny supporters are typically conservative. Yes it's sattire, but backwards to reality. But if you didn't know the Babylon Bee has become wildly popular and if anyone wants to jump all over this one, now is the time!

Not to sound like a self righteous _______ but it amazes me how evident it is that church folk spend so little time in the word and have such faulty logic or they parrot what they've been told. I'm taken back by it sometimes and this is one of those times .

I tried to ask for them to back up what they said with scripture. All i got was childish insults and nonsense. I just ended up frustrated with facebook.

It's usually populated with basement dwelling dweebs.

The hysteria of some people was just outrageous. I did notice some people that reposted kind of softened. But you know, most people haven't given polygyny much thought at all biblically and maybe a fraction of a percent went back to hit the good book...who knows lol!

Thanks for the link. Reading the comments, for those Christians responding negatively, it shows how poorly taught they are - which is just a reflection on the teachers in the churches. But I must say, only a few short years ago I would have been spouting the same arguments; just regurgitating the same old stuff I'd been taught. It seems to take a pointed challenge to get a person (me!) to evaluate the biblical evidence for the legalistic-monogamy-only position for them to come to the realization that they've been misled. I'm very thankful God has been so patient with me in this issue. I just wonder what the next one will be that He opens my eye to(?)

I've said before that unless you (a) believe God's leading you into this lifestyle, or (b) are closely related to someone who is, you simply have no reason to 'upset the apple cart'. You'll just keep believing what you were taught in Sunday school, because you don't have a strong enough motivation to raise an eyebrow and really start thinking instead of just emoting or knee-jerking a reaction.

I will take note there is no edit options for posts. I am Dyslexic.

It takes the willingness and comitement, to hold one's religion to the truth in Scripture, wherever the Truth takes you, and concludes. And the gift of Faith from G-D to have understanding. We have to ask for that gift, the gift of learning, revelation. Abiding there in, and revelation go hand in hand. And there in is Liberty.
Without these attributes, and priestly kingship of husband, polygamy can be abusive. But even a natural man can have a successful household by way of practices of natural law.
Christian church's rejection of polygamy, is in reality abortion of family. Rejection of G-D"s kingdom.

Back