• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Best place to learn about and study The Torah?

LDremoved

Seasoned Member
Female
Best place to learn about/study The Torah? Accurately. I'm kind of skeptical of the things I read online.

I don’t have any one source, but once you become open to looking into it you run into it all over the place.
It’s almost like it’s part of civilization nowadays.

Yes, I believe that is @Mark C on the forums here.
I believe him to be a good man.

Have you ever heard of Mark Niwot?
Yes, I believe that is @Mark C on the forums here.
I believe him to be a good man.
Thank you! He referred me to his website a few weeks ago. Wanted to see if anyone on here had heard of him.
Mark Niwot and @Mark C are indeed one and the same. Two points of recommendation as far as I'm concerned: (1) he's as human as the rest of us; and (2) he's even better in his podcasts than he is in writing. Mark has a tremendous speaking voice and has clearly contemplated thoroughly the topics he expounds upon. I would consider him a great starting point, but @BarPotato also nails it:
The Bible 🤗
But seriously, the Bible. Read the whole thing. Scripture interprets Scripture.

But you better get on it pretty quickly, @Mark C is predicting cataclysmic change in two months or not at all.
I certainly can't pretend to see everything exactly the way Mark does, but my own viewpoint isn't particularly different. The threat of SHTF, civil war, cultural devolution is serious enough that I'm preparing for it, but my hunch is that we're on the cusp of it becoming obvious that the WEF'ers and other ruling class progressives are going to fail.

But you better get on it pretty quickly, @Mark C is predicting cataclysmic change in two months or not at all.

Correction: I've probably said -- on air, and off -- "I dont do dates," a thousand times. But, the truth is, the cataclysmic change has already happened. Most won't figure it out until the shelves at Wal Mart are empty.

Mark, the plebe Maddog recalls the teaching you said earlier about the seventh month when "Something" is going to happen IF it is going to happen this cycle or wait another 7 years and possibly another 50. My recollection is that the fulfillment of the "Week of Daniel" when all sorts of bad things will occur. Predictions notwithstanding, something is about to happen september-october time frame. Buckle up buttercups.

LovesDogs, I just wanted to tell you I completely agree with Bartato. If you want to know more about any part of God's Word then you have to read it. All of His Word is interconnected. Most of the Church will tell you its boring and hard to read. That you only need to do a one verse devotional every day and your golden. But thats not true at all. Its actually very rewarding reading the Bible, and if you read it and apply it to your life it gets more and more exciting. But you have to be willing to change who you are too because it is also very convicting. There is no set amount of times that you can read the Bible and then your done doing that for the rest of your life, there is always something new to learn, something new to apply to your life and grow in. My suggestion is to not look to commentaries so much for your understanding of the Word but ask God for a love and hunger for His Word and read it! The Word says that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. If you want to know His truth, God will teach it to you. 😊

Correction: I've probably said -- on air, and off -- "I dont do dates," a thousand times. But, the truth is, the cataclysmic change has already happened. Most won't figure it out until the shelves at Wal Mart are empty.
Speaking of Walmart.
Speaking of that I was in Walmart a few days ago and some man behind me kept talking to me about something similar, the entire time we were in line. Wonder if he's a Mark C fan lol

Thank you. I already study the Bible but someone found out that I attend a Latter Day Saints Church and recommended that I "Study The Torah because it's the "Original Bible."

This is why I'm confused lol

There is something major coming! Through a friend's research, I put together an interesting post regarding signs in the heavens...

As to resources for basic Torah, I often point people to New2Torah youtube and Unlearn (Lex Meyer) on youtube... I don't send them to my own stuff because they trip, rather dramatically, over poly... 😂😂

MarkC may be solid, I.ll have to check out his work... 😁

Thank you. I already study the Bible but someone found out that I attend a Latter Day Saints Church and recommended that I "Study The Torah because it's the "Original Bible."

This is why I'm confused lol
I assumed you probably already were reading the Bible. I'm glad to hear that you are.

Since you mentioned LDS, I'll point out that the Scriptures that I'm talking about is the Genesis to Revelation Bible. I don't believe the Book of Mormon, Doctrines and Covenants etc to be inspired by God like Genesis to Revelation.

I have a lot of LDS friends, and respect and care for them very much. That said, I believe the LDS generally miss the awesome saving goodness of Jesus.

I would really recommend carefully studying the Gospel of John. In that book, Jesus reveals Himself very clearly. Again and again, He says things about Himself. Pay special attention there.

In terms of the Old Testament, I'd spend a lot of time in Genesis and Deuteronomy. I think I've read that Jesus quotes more from Deuteronomy than any other book.

Mark what is your website? Podcast etc. I'm interested...

I assumed you probably already were reading the Bible. I'm glad to hear that you are.

Since you mentioned LDS, I'll point out that the Scriptures that I'm talking about is the Genesis to Revelation Bible. I don't believe the Book of Mormon, Doctrines and Covenants etc to be inspired by God like Genesis to Revelation.

I have a lot of LDS friends, and respect and care for them very much. That said, I believe the LDS generally miss the awesome saving goodness of Jesus.

I would really recommend carefully studying the Gospel of John. In that book, Jesus reveals Himself very clearly. Again and again, He says things about Himself. Pay special attention there.

In terms of the Old Testament, I'd spend a lot of time in Genesis and Deuteronomy. I think I've read that Jesus quotes more from Deuteronomy than any other book.
I agree with you about Jesus. And in all honesty i'm not centered into any organized religion. I just love my church and the people in it. I don't always agree with their teachings or follow them but I appreciate where they're coming from.

The person that told me to read The Torah instead, also mentioned that there are 5 books that don't exist in the Bible yet when I looked into it, they do exist in the Bible. This person made it sound like something different than The Bible itself. What am I missing? lol

Back