• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Better Living Through Chemistry

ylop

Real Person*
Better Living Through Chemistry

Male and female interactions can be understood through the science of chemistry, outlined below.

Definitions
F Female Element – normally seen in solution as the ion F-
M Male Element – normally seen in solution as the ion M+
PC Polygamous Compound – rarely observed except at a distance, we will discuss in this article the conditions required for formation of a PC.
STP Standard experimental conditions, where T represents Total Income of the element and P stands for Power of the element – economic, political and social power. In this experiment, normal conditions are where T is the median income of the community in which M and F coexist; and P is the median power, influence and status of an individual in the community.

Chemical Reaction
When the male and female elements are combined, a chemical reaction occurs.
Under STP conditions, the equation is as follows:
M+ + F- => MF
MF will precipitate out of aqueous solution and form a highly-stable substance. In the fullness of time, MF will spontaneously generate new M+ and F- ions and release them into solution. MF has low solubility and will require significant amounts of water under the bridge before it dissolves back to M+ and F- ions.

Alternative Reactions
Of course in this reaction there are alternative combinations of the ions, most notably:
F- + F- => F2 and
M+ + M+ => M2
Both F2 and M2 are gases that bubble out of solution and inhabit an environment on the edge of the solution. Observation reports of these gases vary, and although F2 and M2 are colourless, some individuals report that the gases have an offensive taste and odour. The gases tend to break down in the presence of light. Present in almost all known environments, F2 and M2 nevertheless have no sustainable existence apart from MF as they are incapable of generating the new M+ and F- ions required to maintain dynamic equilibrium.

Forming a Polygamous Compound
The normal dynamic equilibrium is usually varied in one of two ways. Firstly, the STP of M can be increased by adding more income or power. Secondly, a catalyst called religion (R) may be applied to the situation. Adding either one of these changes will normally result in the formation of a polygamous compound (PC).
The ideal equation for formation of a PC is when both F- join the M+ at the same time, as outlined below; however this rarely occurs in most environments.
M+ + 2F- => MF2
What is more common is that an existing MF precipitate will draw another free F- out of aqueous solution, represented as follows:
MF + F- => MF2
The resulting PC can be represented in a diagram as follows:
M
/\
F - F
Know by chemists as the pyramid, MF2 is the most common polygamous compound seen in nature. Hierarchical in nature, the M is the mainspring and the F provides the foundations. Theoretical chemists speculate about the existence of a FM2 compound however it has not been observed outside the laboratory. Back to MF2, there are two strong bonds between the founding M and each F; however there is also a bond between each F. Formation of the inter-F bond is essential and without it the MF2 compound will be unstable and tend to break down. Interestingly, weakness in one or both of the M-F bonds will often trigger an enhancement of the F-F bond which will maintain the compound although in a diminished state. If the M-F bonds weaken too far, they will lead to the release of one or both, or even the formation of F2 gas. If gas formation occurs, the rare compound MF2 is formed which is usually short-lived and will breakdown.

Alternative Polygamous Compounds
The pyramid can precipitate further unattached F- ions out of solution, as long as the conditions for enhanced STP exist. That is, the M has increased levels of income, power or the presence of a strong religious catalyst. Thus the observer may occasionally see examples of MF3, MF4 and so on. There was a recent report of an MF100 sighted in Kenya, however this is highly unusual. Note that removal of the unusual STP conditions will result in the breakdown of the PC and reversion to a simpler form.

Breakdown
The polygamous compound can breakdown in a number of ways, represented as follows:
Loss of a single ion (partial breakdown): MF2 => MF + F- (note the F- is now in solution again and free to recombine as either a MF or part of another MF2)
Loss of both ions (total breakdown): MF2 => M+ + F- + F-
Loss through formation of F2 gas: MF2 => MF2 => M+ + F2
Note that any breakdown equation can be triggered by either a change in the STP conditions that lead to the original formation of the compound (for example a loss of income or power) or similarly the REMoval of the catalyst (that is, losing its religion). Either way, the outcome is catastrophic for all involved with a significant and wasteful release of energy into the environment that can lead to damage for precipitates in close proximity.

Conclusion
Studying the nature of our relationships through the safety glasses of a chemist may give us a different perspective; or at the least reveal the mental state of the author. A toast to better living through chemistry. Cheers, Ylop.

:D Like!

Chemistry was one of my favorite subjects! Thanks!!!

Hi there. Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I thought of the idea in the shower yesterday (I do my best thinking in the shower) and decided to put it to print before it faded.

Anyway, the concept I really pondered was the idea of the bonding strength of the M+, ie how many extra F- he could take on, and that if he exceeded his capacity then the bond would be weak and likely fail. Although a strong bond between the F would help to hold things together and could compensate somewhat.

And of course I like "Chemical Heart" by Grinspoon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHhTjuYcl8&feature=related.

Can't get started, chemical heart.
Every time I get started, you pull me apart.

ylop

Back