• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Beyond the PM stuff, who are you really? Height?

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Cow fam said:
What about some of you? Are you tall, short, in between? Are you young, old, middle aged? How many children do you have? What is the climate like where you live?

6'0", 250# & shrinking. 51 yrs young some days, 51 years old others.

2 bio children, 2 adopted children from the Marshall Islands. 4 step children. Assorted foster children from the past. 7 grandkids.

2 wives, neither of whom choose to live with me just now, but I still claim them, and pray ...

In NE GA at the tip of the Appalachians. Fall colors much like New England, but climate is much warmer and soil less rocky. Economy pretty, um, troubled here.

Well lets see where oh where to start, one wife present and two boys 15 and 12. the oldest is the same hieght as my wife and I about 5'6/5'7 range depending on how hard the day has been. I too was married before ( three times) I have three children in heaven.. I led a pretty rough life style before I met my current wife . I am 52 summers gone and hopefully many more springs to come. The wife is younger way younger than me ( I know better than to give up her age , you can teach an old dog new tricks. Lol ) she is a college grad. And i have me degree from the school of hard knocks and bad luck a PHD. I might add . I am employed in the blue collar field. We are American Baptist and are there at church pretty much if the doors are unlocked. The two happiest moments are when each of my boys received Christ . She is a animal lover and so we have five - yes I said five - ankle biting dogs . I am a believer in biblical marriage but not a practicing believer. So enough about me . Next

Jack P. said:
I am a believer in biblical marriage but not a practicing believer. So enough about me . Next

I found this one funny, I presume you have a Biblical marriage, but only one at this time :lol: I have a Biblical marriage, too, but only one at this time until the Lord leads otherwise. Funny enough, I have been accused more than once of saying that plural marriage is the only Biblical marriage. I never said that, nor do I believe that.

I had not thought much about it before, but we have no pets. Haven't in years for various reasons, just not pet people. We are livestock people though, and our kids would rather have a pet chicken than a cat or dog. We have no critters at this time, but look forward to homesteading again once the Lord plunks us down somewhere more long term.

ok here goes, will try and not write a book........
I am 51 and the wife ( the only one as of now, starting over again with a hopeful ) is a year younger. I am about 5' 11" and a stocky 280. People i know say i dont look that big but I guess it's because I am big boned and have been stocky all my life. The wife is a LOT smaller than i am and is about 5' 8" ( i guess ). I have 4 tattoos and the wife has 3. We have 4 grown children ranging in ages of 32 to 23 with 4 grandchildren.

I work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico ( for the past 32 yrs ) as an oil and gas production operator and the wife works as a department mannanger at a local retail store and has for the past 10 yrs.

We at one time had pets ( dogs ) but no longer.

We both came to know Christ at a young age and have worked and served in the various churches we have been members of over the yrs.We are Southern Baptist by denomination though Christian first. I am an Ordained and Liscensed Minister with my ministry being to some great people. I minister ( when home from offshore ) to a bunch of Civil War Living historians (re-enactors ) of which my wife and I are a part of as well. I am the 2nd Sgt. and Unit Chaplain for my Unit but I minister to a large group of re-enactors from other Units.

My wife and i live in what is known as the "Heart of Acadiana", in other words we live in Cajun country located in south Louisiana. I call our home the Black Bayou. Louisiana has always been our home though I have lived in other areas of the state.

We are just simple folks and into simple things. We like a wide range of music and movies ( Big Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fans ). The wife likes to read a lot and I do as well when I can get the time. We like to travel when time and work allows and can have just as much fun when all we can do is visit and play with them grnadkids.

You can see a picture of us on page 4 of this topic.

I am 47, will be 48 in August. I am 5'11" tall, brown eyes and dark blonde hair. I have a few extra pounds (ordered the 'husky' sizes from the Sear's catalog as a kid).

I have boyish charm and dashing good looks.

Here is my latest picture:

profile3.JPG

Blessings

Doc

Cow fam said:
I just noted a few of my BF friends on FB (Facebook, that is) live on the other side of the planet from us.
Have you been looking at the photos of snow on my wife's facebook wall? :D We've got a foot of snow over here at the moment, I'm stuck home from work (to get my car to a passable road I'll have to tow it 800m with a tractor, might do that tomorrow if things get too desperate there...) but am keeping myself busy feeding out to sheep and cattle on my father's and grandfather's farms. I'm drinking a glass of melted snow as our pipes are frozen, sitting in the lounge with my work laptop now that the kids are in bed, and I should be working on a report I need to submit tomorrow but since I'm on the computer to do it I found myself over on this website first instead, not sure how that happened... :oops:

We're both late 20's, me and the only wife so far. 4 children including the one due in November, eldest is 4 years. The wife is 5'2", and she thinks I'm probably 5'9" or 5'10" but we really have no idea and can't be bothered measuring. Don't know how heavy I am either. I am balding, but in a charmful and dashing way, so I'm at least as handsome as Doc, if not more.

We attend a Brethren church, where I preach regularly, which I find extremely beneficial in my walk with God. It's too easy to sit through a sermon and forget most of what was said, but when you're on a roster to actually do the sermon at least you know that once every 6 weeks you'll end up with the message completely drilled into your mind!

I'm an agricultural researcher. We live on a farm, not many pets at this stage (just a lamb and a calf) but they will accumulate. Live like wacky hippies with solar electricity, a wood stove for cooking and hot water, a home-made composting toilet (much nicer to use than a flush toilet, but some extended family members still dislike it, old prejudices die hard!), and a home-made greywater treatment system. Solar electricity is brilliant when it snows, everyone else has power cuts but nothing changes for us!

Did I mention I'm not only as handsome as Doc, but also younger?

ChrisM,

Here is some of my info. Thanks for asking people to post this. Where is a photo of you???

I'm a 61 y/o American man currently living and working in Bulgaria. I am about 6'1" down from 6'2" in my younger days. I weigh about 220 pounds. I still have all my hair and it's still more pepper than salt. I like to work out at the gym to stay young-looking and healthy. I served in the U.S. Air Force for 20 1/2 years and retired as a Captain (I was enlisted for 9 years) in 1991. I've lived in Pennsylvania, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Illinois, and Florida. I've also lived in Thailand, Greece, Germany, Belgium, and now Bulgaria. After retiring from the military I served churches in Texas before moving to Kaiserslautern, Germany, to do mission work near Ramstein Air Base.

I have a BA in General Studies from Lubbock (TX) Christian University, an Ed.M. with an emphasis in Counseling from Boston University Overseas Program, and an MS in Bible and Ministry also from Lubbock Christian University. I am currently teaching English at the English Language Institute (ELI) of the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG). I've been here since December 2007.

I have been married three times. My current wife is Bulgarian and 25 years my junior. She also teaches English at ELI. I have six daughters, one son, and one step-son. My oldest daughter is 40 years old and my youngest daughter is 2 years old.

I started studying biblical marriage while working as an evangelist in Germany. I soon found that polygyny was not only not condemned as sin in God's Word, it is allowed, legislated, and blessed. I shared what I was learning with my wife (no.2). She rejected everything I showed her and eventually left me. We were divorced a year later. I had also shared what I had learned about biblical polygyny with a few men of the congregation and after my wife left me the men of the congregation let me go because of these beliefs.

I'm happily married now and am not seeking another wife.

Attachments

• shoulder shrug 1 (589 x 752).jpg
    shoulder shrug 1 (589 x 752).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 791
November%20family%20pics1.jpg

Samuel, I thoroughly enjoy preaching the Gospel and teaching God's Word. I used to speak most every week for a few years, but now that I am a sick perverted heretic who merely believes PM is not sinful, I don't get to mop the floors most places. I have just listened to a few of my old messages today, hoping that the Lord would use them again, to refresh me and remind me of all He has done in our lives. It worked. I think most folks here would enjoy one called "Partial obedience is DISobedience" from 1 Samuel 15. http://sermon.net/ambassador520/sermonid/2303500

And another, proclaiming the worth of our Savior. Our hope is not in Heaven, but in Christ with whom we will be for eternity. If you don't have a passion for the Lord, this message might light a fire under your hindquarters!
"Our blessed hope in Jesus Christ" http://sermon.net/ambassador520/sermonid/2378733

5696_1194040048538_1154530360_30595429_3085827_n.jpg

Did I mention I am a rather large fellow?
22241_1341430613210_1044442_n.jpg

This is a good idea. Especially since there are so many new faces on here. And we (Ephraim and Ephraim’s D) don’t have much time to be on the forums anymore. We have been on here for a few years but for the last while, if I can get on here once a week I’m doing good. We were at a retreat a few years back and hope to attend another sometime.

We are a Jewish-Christian family, we have mostly attended Mennonite and similar churches. We have recently been kicked out of our church, pm was part of the reason. I’m also a minister with an outreach ministry that is not aware of our pm beliefs, and after our previous experience I think we will keep quiet about it for now. I have two wives, one left some years back feeling the relationship was wrong; we are trying to talk with her. I’m 33 my wife D is 30, we have children, run our own business, have a small hobby farm. Height, maybe 5'11 or 6', hers I think around 5'6.

Ephraim, I sent you a PM. We have family in Ohio and have considered moving out that way. We also have a standing offer (wonder if it would stand once our PM beliefs get to their ears) in Hinton, West Virginia. Southern Kentucky/Northeast Tennessee is also in the running. We feel called to continue working on our family, evangelism, and I really feel lately that I would like to get back into preaching.

Oh, and Doc, if you are husky then I am just plain fat, LOL. I am 6'5" and 306#, but it's all muscle....with a layer of fat....or two maybe..... well there's muscle in there somewhere.

Shoot, I'd post all kinds of info here if it were in the private forum :)

any who, 6'2", late 30's, 170-180
several children
one wife - working to make it a Biblical marriage. :)
white collar professional
undergrad degrees and a master's degree

working to purchase a business in the next 1-2 years, trying to get one launched as well in a current avocation.

Mennonite, Baptist and Evangelical background with smatterings of other denominations.

Well, I guess it's time for me to give it a go:

Age: 29 Height: 6ft Religion: Messianic Jew Married: Yes, I have a truly wonderful wife. Father: Yes, I have little girl ( Looking forward to more ) American: Yes, but currently staying overseas ( Africa ). A little Life History: Currently studying again as well as Instructing classes in the Israeli Close Combat technique known as Krav Maga, previously worked for Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Maricopa County, and was active in full-time ministry prior to that. I am a bit of a "Know how to do it yourself" nut. I like to brew my own beer, bake my own bread/matzah, make my own cheese, etc. Hobbies: Archery, Horse Riding, Fencing ( Epee mostly ), Krav Maga, Reading, Writing, Cooking, and singing ( not really an actual hobby, just something I seem to do endlessly ), Running a Micro-nation as King ( This is a political exercise/social experiment, and a bit of fun... ), blah, blah, blah... enough about me! Time to invade Canada! :p

Here goes:

Summary -
Steven: Height: 5'6", Weight: 180Lbs, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue, Age:49, Married: Laurie, Kids: 18yo stepson, 17mo son, Tattoos: 9, Profession: Engineer
Laurie: Height: 5'4", Weight: 136Lbs, Hair: Blonde, Eyes: Blue, Age:41, Married: Steven, Kids: 18yo son, 17mo son, Tattoos: 0, Profession: Wife and Mother

Details - Grew up in California. I was the oldest, with a younger sister and a brother younger still. Mom died when I was 7. Dad didn't take it well and turned to the bottle in the following few years. Quit school after the eighth grade. Joined the US Navy and volunteered for submarine duty when I was 16, then went to boot camp shortly after turning 17. After nearly 9 years of service I got out and began working as an electronics technician in a start-up. Went to college and studied physics whilst working; both full-time. Worked thereafter as an engineer developing semiconductor devices at a variety of start-ups, and met Jesus somewhere along the way - at last!! Became very active in my church; which led to youth leadership, ordination as a Deacon, mission trips, and finally co-leadership in a local rescue mission. Our Lord blessed me with Laurie in 2008. We relocated from New Hampshire to Washington (state) a couple years ago, and discovered as soon as we arrived that our Lord had blessed Laurie's womb with our son, Liam. Laurie bore Liam here in our apartment! I was selected as a corporate scholar earlier this year, and my company is sending me to graduate school as a full-time student to study applied mathematics in the fall. We'll be relocating to Pullman in Washington.

Some favorite pictures:

1.jpg

Lovely bride, given by God.

LiamandMommyconckedout2.jpg

Being born is very hard work for Mommy and Son; ample rest is required thereafter.

IMG_0661.jpg

Liam does not agree that leaving the newly discovered apparatus called a swing is necessary.

IMG_0683.jpg

Liam contemplates why he is being so serious at the beach; perhaps God intended examination of stones to be serious work?

jacobhaivri said:
American: Yes, but currently staying overseas ( Africa ).
Hobbies: ... Running a Micro-nation as King ( This is a political exercise/social experiment, and a bit of fun... )
Please elaborate, this sounds really fascinating! My mind boggles... :shock:

Great pics, Steven! Thanks!

And YES, JacobHaivri, please do elaborate.

Personally, I have been crowned a King of Lovingkindness and Tender Mercies for some time (Ps 103:4), but haven't had much experience in rulership. :lol:

Probably the quickest way to learn about Micro-nations is to look up the topic on wikipedia, though I'll give a summarized version here:

Generally speaking, Micro-nations are non-recognized "national entities" which more or less base their legitimacy on the Monteviedo Convention which makes four basic requirements for a state, namely: 1 A government. 2 A permanent population, 3 A claim to territory, 4 the capability to enter into relations/communications with other nations.

Many Micro-nations have been founded around the world with fascinating histories on the world stage, probably the most notable to date and famous are "Sealand" and the "Principality of Hutt River", though many more such as the "Republic of Molossia" certainly deserve mention!

My micro-nation, "The Kingdom of Aretesia" ( aretesianembassy.webs.com ), is relatively new to the world, only having been established in 2010. It is not yet fully developed on the website, and many of the links are still under construction. The Bible forms the National Law ( PM is legal } :) , and our civil law { such as speed limits, etc. } is based upon the concepts found in Scripture, such as the preservation of life. Civil law may be changed, in accordance with national law, to best suit the needs of the people { such as if intergalactic travel should become a reality, a speed limit of 140kph may no longer be realistic. ) The King is the steward of the nation, charged with protecting Aretesian Citizens, upholding their rights, and maintaining the Aretesian National Law firstly, Civil Law secondly, and justice in all matters in Aretesian Society.

We are currently in a state of "cold war" with the micro-nation known as the "Bearded Dominion", though every effort has been made on our part for peace.

Guys,

Right about now, I wanna put in my plug for the Real People's Stories section, and ask if you wouldn't mind, please, giving me something to start posting for each of you there. Doesn't have to be a big long drawn out biography to start. A bit at a time, and you can add to it as you go ...

Please?

(Ok, okay ... I can hear y'all saying, "After YOU, Cecil-san!" I do intend to start.)

Back