• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Family Structure Book 2: Biblical Manhood, The Way of the Kinsman Redeemer

tps26

Male
I am about half way through Dr. Gina Murray's second book in her series on biblical family structure. I wanted to begin the review now to get the word out; I do not want to keep this treasure hidden. Book 2 focuses on biblical manhood. (There is also mention of a yet unpublished book 3 about biblical womanhood).
This is easily one of the best books I have ever read. There is a lot of good advice on these forums prompting men to get their house in order. This book tells you how to do it. (Spoiler, it comes down to submission to the Father and acceptance of his sovereignty).

While I really benefited from Tom Shipley's strong apologetic in "Man and Woman in Biblical Law", his work takes you only so far in that it answers illogical, unbiblical greek thinking with logical, biblical greek thinking. Murray's work is from a Hebrew mind, and her demistifying of the scriptural appeal to the natural law of seedtime and harvest, reaping and sowing, is what makes her answers resonate so deeply with truth. So many questions I had about scripture that have been poorly interpreted to me by past teachers have been answered in her work, or revealed to me by the Spirit while I read it.

Her book is an amalgamation of her husband's verbal teachings to their family and it is full of scripture references. It is not a book about polygyny, it is about the proper ordering of things, about a man holding the spiritual office of a Christ toward those he is in relationship with. It is about a man executing his designed functions as a sower of seed (word) and representation of Yahweh on the earth. His family and also the assembly he belongs to are elohim, representing Elohim.

I could say a lot more, but just read it for yourself! You will be glad you did.

I can leave another more detailed review once I am finished and also address any questions about the book anyone has until then.

I have only found it available so far on her website, madrinamedia.com

I can hardly wait to get back home to pick my copy.
Secondary only to being with my family. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else finished this second book yet? I finished recently, it's a lot longer than the first book. Would love to discuss others thoughts on it.

Has anyone else finished this second book yet? I finished recently, it's a lot longer than the first book. Would love to discuss others thoughts on it.
I need to get started on it:)

I started it but got sietracked into Caircrosses When Polygamy was Made a Sin.

I started it but got sietracked into Caircrosses When Polygamy was Made a Sin.
Read that one awhile back. The thing that fascinated the author most was that the women were always the staunchest supporters in any community he analyzed. Good history book, well researched.

Back