• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Family Structure Book One: The Them In Him

I have listened to Pastor Dowell off and on for the last six or so years. Not Black Hebrew Israelite, but does have a leaning toward an Afrocentric theology. There are a number of fair skinned brothers that have had good fellowship with him in the past, so at least at that point he was not too heavily influenced by black replacement.

@ZecAustin has met him, I think, and he's been invited to this board a few times.

The material is gold, but some of his rhetoric can be concerning in light of recent events.
I’ve never met him. In have talked to people who know him very well though. He has evolved, or possibly devolved, over the years. He does accept most of the foundational beliefs of the Black Hebrew Israelites and has described himself as such before. He has spoken out against the worst tendencies of that group though. He has been creditably accused of adultery in the not too distant past but I only know the of the accusation third hand so can’t draw any hard conclusions. Here are the things I’ve heard him say that have given me great concern. He believes the modern Jews are not physical Israelites. He has minimized the holocaust claiming there were no more than 600,000 Jews killed, as if that mattered at all. He has claimed that salvation has to come through an Israelite (as defined by him) and one can not come to Christ without the help of an Israelite. He has also said that he would rather be a Muslim than a Christian and implied that Muslims may have a place in heaven while adamantly asserting that non-Israelite Christians will burn in hell for all eternity. If you can ignore those lunacies he’s actually a powerful speaker and a good teacher. But those lunacies shouldn’t be ignored.

I’ve never met him. In have talked to people who know him very well though. He has evolved, or possibly devolved, over the years. He does accept most of the foundational beliefs of the Black Hebrew Israelites and has described himself as such before. He has spoken out against the worst tendencies of that group though. He has been creditably accused of adultery in the not too distant past but I only know the of the accusation third hand so can’t draw any hard conclusions. Here are the things I’ve heard him say that have given me great concern. He believes the modern Jews are not physical Israelites. He has minimized the holocaust claiming there were no more than 600,000 Jews killed, as if that mattered at all. He has claimed that salvation has to come through an Israelite (as defined by him) and one can not come to Christ without the help of an Israelite. He has also said that he would rather be a Muslim than a Christian and implied that Muslims may have a place in heaven while adamantly asserting that non-Israelite Christians will burn in hell for all eternity. If you can ignore those lunacies he’s actually a powerful speaker and a good teacher. But those lunacies shouldn’t be ignored.
Thank you... what a shame that he's gone south...

Had a post on my blog with that interview.. it's a good one, but I just took it down.

Oh well...

Something I’ve gleaned from my time in earlychristianwritings.com is that very few men who are actively seeking truth and disseminating it in any measurable volume will succeed in being error free.

Identify the biases, note the errors, eat the meat and spit out the bones.

Just be careful who you recommend them to because they may not be as able to identify error.

I have commented on some of his YouTube videos that I don't agree with him on everything, but he is solid on polygamy.

Back