• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Bigamy laws of Texas challenged...

Seth said:
I find it odd, that so many are ok with gays getting poly accepted on their coattails, but constantly treat obama "like a dog", who is child of poly family. Wouldn't he be obvious person to lobby for poly recognition?
no, no one is treating him like a dog. he just likes to claim that as fact, and then people go around quoting it as truth. and with his present poll numbers the best thing that he can do to help ANY cause is to lobby against it.

and with his present poll numbers the best thing that he can do to help ANY cause is to lobby against it.

lol...... :D well.......what can we sign him up for....... :idea: A new political strategy it seems.

There are plenty of examples of how our government and even the common populace of the USA diss the Jewish people each and every day. I actually go to great lengths to show this to people. And also, as a person who has Israeli blood flowing through my veins, I have seen how people can be crude to people, as having an online posting from the Midland, Texas newspaper with the headline "Jews go home" and the article was about our Messianic congregation. Antisemitism is alive and well in this country. Compound the fact that I also accept Scriptural Polygyny, and I have become a favorite whipping boy for anti-Semites. The truth of things is there, but most people do not want to see it. I post the truth about what is going on in this world, while the anti-Semites diss me and my work. And I live in Texas to boot.

Scott

steve said:
Isabella said:
I have never heard anyone in the government/lobbists/activists diss the Jews (note, not Israel, but Jewish people in general). Why are you prefixing your post with that, I think Christianity can stand alone in that regard.
how can we separate the jews from israel?
why does it make a difference that i include our predecessors who worship the same Creator?
whom akmadinnerjacket wants to wipe off of the face of the earth?
who hitler tried to wipe out?

in my little conspiracy theory there seems to be a slight connection, but hey, it is MY own little theory :D
yours can look any way that you want it to look like! ;)

btw; people who refer to their creator as "she" or the "mother god" are not included in my theory, so they are up for grabs if anyone wants them :roll:

a) Because it is spurious, Jews and Christians have a similar a similar root but have arrived at different destinations.
b) Is the enemy in your 'little conspiracy theory' the secular people or Muslims? Secular people do not have a problem with Jews, they have a problem with Christians. Muslims have a problem with Jews only to the extent that they (like you, funny enough) can't seem to separate Israel from Jews. I have seen Muslims happily marching and embracing Anti-Zionist Charadi Jews so obviously Muslims can make an obvious distinction when they choose to.
c) I don't have theories, I prefer facts.
d) So in your idea world anyone can kill people who don't see the divine like you do, that includes, most far eastern people (got to get rid of that great old competitior Japan and that new competitor China. India - No more call centres for you! Lots of Northern Europe. The atheists ....because who needs scientific advancements right? (please note, being an atheist doesn't preclude you from being a Jew, so plenty of Jews will die here also...huzzah...you are doing Hitler's job for him, good for you!!! The world will be left with Christians, Muslims and Charadi Jews all trying to kill each other probably.

Nice one.....

However, If the street needs fixed in front of your house and you and your gay neighbors call in to the local government to get the street fixed, it does not meen that you are living on gay street, just that your street needs fixed. And if it gets fixed it is ok to thank God for the better streets.

Not if the government explicitly denies the God of Scripture and claims to BE god in the process, all the while stealing from you to "fix" the pothole.

The first-century followers of Yahushua the Messiah ran afoul of the Roman government because they refused to deny Him and simply acknowledge the authority of such a false god. Most of them did not seek the acknowledgment of their marriage at the temples of Saturn or Dionysus, either.

...Perhaps the Federal Government is working behind the scenes to keep it that way...

Ya think??? :D

Just as the Founders once realized, there comes a time to "withdraw consent" from a government which claims to act in your name (or that of a god which "neither you nor your fathers have known") and "come out of her". It doesn't mean the prince of this world will like it, or accept it, but it does mean that we won't have to bear the shame of serving 'another master', or taking his 'mark'.

"]a) Because it is spurious, Jews and Christians have a similar a similar root but have arrived at different destinations.
what is spurious about having the same God and the same enemy?
b) Is the enemy in your 'little conspiracy theory' the secular people or Muslims? Secular people do not have a problem with Jews, they have a problem with Christians. Muslims have a problem with Jews only to the extent that they (like you, funny enough) can't seem to separate Israel from Jews. I have seen Muslims happily marching and embracing Anti-Zionist Charadi Jews so obviously Muslims can make an obvious distinction when they choose to.
the enemy would be satan
d) So in your idea world anyone can kill people who don't see the divine like you do, that includes, most far eastern people (got to get rid of that great old competitior Japan and that new competitor China. India - No more call centres for you! Lots of Northern Europe. The atheists ....because who needs scientific advancements right? (please note, being an atheist doesn't preclude you from being a Jew, so plenty of Jews will die here also...huzzah...you are doing Hitler's job for him, good for you!!! The world will be left with Christians, Muslims and Charadi Jews all trying to kill each other probably.
what did i ever say to bring on this rant? are you confusing me with another poster?

nice one......

steve said:
the enemy would be satan

Jews believe in Satan!!!???!!!??!
I am shocked no one ever thought to tell me..........

what did i ever say to bring on this rant? are you confusing me with another poster?

nice one......

No, it was you, that wasn't a rant, I was just being friendly!

B
:D

@ Steve...

It appears that at times people (including myself) have difficulty understanding 1) what another person is trying to communicate, and 2) another individual's point of view.

I am seeing a mean spirit all over. Recently my business partner and I have noticed a mean spirit among some of our clients who have never displayed this before. Today I was exposed to (witnessed... ; ) ) a young neighbor girl (mid 20s) walking from a neighbor's home across the street yelling and screaming over her shoulder at them as she walked back to her boyfriend's home. I have never seen her this way before and went over to ask if she was ok...she then lit into me! I did not reply to her, I left and went about my business. I will talk with her later when she has settled down and tell her that I realize she was just upset...but I have never seen her like this before, and I have known her for many years. We should probably start a new topic about the presence of a mean spirit...I did wonder to myself, as I prayed for the young girl, if the Lord has lifted His hand of protection for our country a little, due to the decadence of our society.

scarecrow;
i hear you, i guess that my other post was not funny

good, i do not think that i could handle you disagreeing with me ;)

steve said:
good, i do not think that i could handle you disagreeing with me ;)

LOL!! Oh dear, are you implying that I am a firebrand?? :eek:
Shocked...shocked I tell you....

;)

confusing might come to mind ;)

steve said:
confusing might come to mind ;)

Why make things easy Steve? :lol:

why indeed :p

I think it is highly likely that the folks in Utah will watch the trial in Texas very closely. The defense strategy for this trial is that the bigamy laws are unconstitutional. I think the Texas trial will be successful because the courts are seeing laws of this nature as antiquated and bigoted. While it may take an appeal or two, and even end up being decided in the higher courts; I believe that the bigamy laws have a very short remainder to their lifespan. Although our day of freedom is not here yet, there is an awfully bright light at the end of the tunnel!

Very interesting...anything more than hearsay on that?

Since he is being charged with bigamy it wouldn't make much sense to try to defend him any other way since they stole all the evidence they need to convict him from the ranch. That is unless the government has finally decided to be willing to admit that the evidence was illegally obtained in the first place.

Sadly, all I got a was little note from one of my sources there in El Dorado that is watching all of this. I will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest to hear anything new. The trial date is still set for Oct 25th, but apparently they have dropped the objections to the bigamy statute. As soon as I hear something else, I shall post it. Also, I am doing my best to cover all of this on my site Ye Olde Journalist (link below).

Scott

I thought the charges against him were for bigamy...if they are dropping the bigamy charges what then are they charging him with?

Back