• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Books in the Bible

GunnarR

Real Person
Male
Hey everyone! What book in the Bible do you enjoy reading? I was going to ask favorite book or verse, however, I figured that may be a little difficult.

I love reading all of it. However, I enjoy Psalms because there is something in there no matter what kind of day one might have. There's one for praise, prayer, wonder, mourning, etc. I really enjoy the book of Proverbs and James as well! After all, "A Proverb a day keeps you from going astray." In all seriousness, the wisdom is so amazing! When I read it a few months ago, I was amazed at how much it mentioned the importance of listening. And James takes it further by explaining how the tongue is "like a two-edged sword." I also like James because it is written specifically to the scattered tribes of Israel, thus it makes it more personal because of my ties to Israel.

Hey everyone! What book in the Bible do you enjoy reading? I was going to ask favorite book or verse, however, I figured that may be a little difficult.

I love reading all of it. However, I enjoy Psalms because there is something in there no matter what kind of day one might have. There's one for praise, prayer, wonder, mourning, etc. I really enjoy the book of Proverbs and James as well! After all, "A Proverb a day keeps you from going astray." In all seriousness, the wisdom is so amazing! When I read it a few months ago, I was amazed at how much it mentioned the importance of listening. And James takes it further by explaining how the tongue is "like a two-edged sword." I also like James because it is written specifically to the scattered tribes of Israel, thus it makes it more personal because of my ties to Israel.
I would have to say it depends on the subject, whatever book is most relevant to my studies at that particular time is going to be my favorite one.:D

In general though I would have to agree with you on Psalms, Proverbs, and James, I would also throw in a bit of Peter, and some Timothy.

I would have to say it depends on the subject, whatever book is most relevant to my studies at that particular time is going to be my favorite one.:D

In general though I would have to agree with you on Psalms, Proverbs, and James, I would also throw in a bit of Peter, and some Timothy.
I agree. We were covering the role of husbands and wives at our fellowship on Saturday and we went to Ephesians. That book is a great reference on the marriage roles!

I know I'm necroposting a bit but I've been recommending Deuteronomy quite a lot recently, it's become one of my favorites and most people have very little familiarity with it. It summarizes the events and moral threads of the previous books in the Law as it leads into God giving detailed warnings and predictions of Israel's future, putting the rest of the OT in very clear context. Also, Moses actively narrates, so you get a glimpse of what it would be like to have God's favorite prophet preach to you directly.

I've also gained lots of joy and hope from Isaiah, though making consistent sense of it does require a bit more familiarity with the rest of the Bible, and especially the New Testament and the other end-times prophecies, so it is a much bigger undertaking.

Romans is also excellent. If you want a clear, concise, step-by-step explanation of man's wickedness, salvation through Christ, adoption into the Kingdom, and the process of sanctification, it is a go-to. I advise people read it as soon as possible after coming to repentance and being saved.

Back