• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Brett Cooper takes on Polygamy

Probably 99% of “conservative women” are feminists or espouse a bunch of feminist values and just don’t realize it.

Notice also what's going on here: a 'commentator', making moral judgments, with a masculine name. But it's a woman.

This runs much along the same vein as everything from the GOP putting forth women political candidates to churches pushing women's teachers and pastors. Matriarchy.

She kept equating an “open” relationship with plural marriage or polygamy. I don’t think anyone on this forum is looking for an “open” relationship. False equivalence.
I never tire of saying this because compassion is not an option for any man who desires to please GOD.

The man who does the deed to become ONE FLESH with a woman has indeed married that woman.

Open relationships make for weak marriages. Any man joining to more than one woman in his entire lifetime is NOT a monogamist. That would be like a woman claiming to have suddenly become a virgin all over again after joining to a man.
The world is ignorant. Most people don't even know what the act of marriage is anymore. Churches teach that all marriage is honourable and that's a lie. Society is drowning in an ocean of lies about marriage. The woman in the OP means well, I'm convinced. Alas, she is ignorant. People love their delusions because all too often that's all they have: half-truths built on a foundation of lies.

I gave up on "looking" long before I found any wife. I'm happy with what GOD has given me. Had I listened in my youth and paid closer attention life might have been different for me. After all, it was not as though the LORD didn't try to reason with me in those days. I was simply NOT paying attention. The way I see it, I've married dozens of women in my lifetime and I failed to honour nearly all those unions. In most cases it would not be feasible and that would mean that I should not have married those women. Conversely, there were young ladies in my life quite willing to share me while remaining loyal to me and me alone in that regard and I scorned them. Why? A: Because my head was full of lies.

I believed a real marriage required a government sanction, a license and a certificate. That's a lie. I believed that a real marriage had to be monogamous. Another lie. I believed that all marriage was honourable and that too is a lie. Decades of marriage taught me what I know now. Today, every young man I talk to about marriage is informed by me concerning this truth: Son, you do the deed then you have married. Be careful who you join to.

Back