• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Brothers Beware

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
It is with great sadness that I post this. This is not meant to be a defamation or attack on the person in question. In fact, I will not give her name.

I have been in communication with a young woman since July and was beginning to feel that she would most likely join our family. She claimed to be a Christian, very conservative in her views, and very well read in the scriptures. Upon first meeting her, she strikes you as a very godly, sincere, “Ruth”(Ruth and Boaz) type of wife. But now I have ended things, because much of it was a lie. Simply a fabrication. We discovered her deception because my wife was on ladies chat and another lady began to describe the woman with whom her husband was communicating. The story lines matched identically, so it caused us to dig deeper. We learned she was claiming to be exclusive with him and with me simultaneously. The level of deception from her was monumental. So many of the things that she told us about herself were untrue. So much so, that I have no idea what was a lie and what was true.

So, basic backstory, she is mid 20's, says that she grew up in a FLDS compound in a plural family (this might be true, I do not know for sure), she was rescued from the compound at the age of 17 by her Christian grandparents, with whom she lives in Washington. Her name starts with an R. Beware.

If this post is not appropriate, admins, please delete this post. It is not intended to cause harm to anyone, I believe that she suffers from some form of mental illness. I am not angry with her, but I pity her. I don't want other brothers to be deceived by her.

Last edited:
You've been very tactful, and as a group we need to be on the lookout for scammers and look out for each other that way. Thanks for the heads up.

It is with great sadness that I post this. This is not meant to be a defamation or attack on the person in question. In fact, I will not give her name.

I have been in communication with a young woman since July and was beginning to feel that she would most likely join our family. She claimed to be a Christian, very conservative in her views, and very well read in the scriptures. Upon first meeting her, she strikes you as a very godly, sincere, “Ruth”(Ruth and Boaz) type of wife. But now I have ended things, because much of it was a lie. Simply a fabrication. We discovered her deception because my wife was on ladies chat and another lady began to describe the woman with whom her husband was communicating. The story lines matched identically, so it caused us to dig deeper. We learned she was claiming to be exclusive with him and with me simultaneously. The level of deception from her was monumental. So many of the things that she told us about herself were untrue. So much so, that I have no idea what was a lie and what was true.

So, basic backstory, she is mid 20's, says that she grew up in a FLDS compound in a plural family (this might be true, I do not know for sure), she was rescued from the compound at the age of 17 by her Christian grandparents, with whom she lives in Washington. Her name starts with an R. Beware.

If this post is not appropriate, admins, please delete this post. It is not intended to cause harm to anyone, I believe that she suffers from some form of mental illness. I am not angry with her, but I pity her. I don't want other brothers to be deceived by her.
Sorry for your pain that sux. Glad you want to protect the community. It's not evil speech when it's protecting people in a very clear sense.
Hope you don't mind my chiming in; I was moved by your situation.

I was dating a girl in St. Petersburg, Russia one time when I lived in Florida.
So it was quite long distance. Some things didn't add up like when the phone was busy and when I would visit I noticed the phone was unplugged from the wall.
She said she was in love with me. My spider sense was off the radar that something wasn't kosher. I did some snooping and found she was dating a Canadian guy also. The parents were in on it too.
not the quality I was looking for in a wife.
I let the other guy know that he could have her. To my surprise he was glad I was dropping out.

Anyway, that sucked too... Thank G-d we both found out before it was too late.

Last edited:
Back