• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Call for Testimonials: Husbands won by submission

rockfox

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
Likewise, wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without a word be won by the conduct of their wives.

Background

This is an understandably hard command for modern Christian women; it goes against our cultural indoctrination, it goes against our feelings, submission is infrequently tried, and even less often done right.

So we are almost never exposed to the glorious fruit of obedience to this scripture!

I'd like to help change that by highlighting the chief fruit of this: winning souls to Christ.

Scripture
I am of course referring to 1 Peter 3:1-6 by the Apostle Peter:
Likewise, wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that even they do not; obey not the word, they also may without a word be won by the conduct of their wives; While they behold your pure conversation coupled with fear.

Do not let your adornment be merely external, arranging the hair, wearing of gold, or putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden person of the heart with the incorruptible beauty of a meek and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

While passage is first about being in subjection, and that's how this passage is thought of, it covers more than that: quiet, pure conduct, fear, incorruptible, quietness, meek.

Call for Testimonies
To the wives: if you, through living out these behaviors, won your husband to Christ please share your testimony in this thread! And this isn't just limited to 'getting saved'. Did you win him to repentance from sin, to greater obedience to the word of God, to becoming a better person/husband/Christian? Please share your story too!

To all members: if someone shares such a testimony elsewhere on this board or on the internet, please share it on this thread with a link to it and a quote with the full text of the testimony.

Note: Off topic posts will be removed. This is a thread just for posting testimonies; not for debating this subject or pushing your ideas about submission. Please join me in bringing glory to God by showing His word is true and more effective than the world's ways.

I am one of those women who through prayer and submission won my husband. He was a Christian when we first got married but he drifted. He didn't go to church for years. I believe that him working long hours helped in that regards. I remember every Wednesdays and Sundays packing up the kids and going to church with tears in my eyes and prayers for him. I remember the sadness and heaviness that I felt incomplete as a family. When he was home from work, he would find an excuse to stay home. Then one day, I decided to do a 21 day fast and pray. One year later, God started showing him things. One night, he had a dream where the kids were asleep. He saw a demon and this thing was heading toward the kids rooms. He grabs this thing and tells it that it will not touch his kids and has no right to them. He now prays every night for his family. My Husband's life had finally changed and I contribute it to my humbleness, prayer, patience, submission, and most of all faith that God would come through. Now my heart and prayers are aimed at my 2 older lost daughters.

Last edited:
Back