• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Candice introduction!

channobu

Hello all, my name is Candice some of you may already know me...for those of you who don't I am 26 and I live in Central Florida (I am Christie and Andres' roomate). Christie and I have discussed plural marriage at length, and after much deliberation I have decided to include the possibility of plural marriage as a part of finding God's best man (or family) for me. I am really excited to make connections within this group of truly excellent and Godly individuals!

Welcome, Candice. Glad to have you here, and look forward to meeting you bye'n'bye.

Would we be correct in guessing that you are leaning towards making your current roommate situation permanent? ;)

Cecil, the poor girl's just turned up and the first thing you do is ask if she's available?! :)

Great to have you around, will look forward to discussing things with you. Read through the old posts, and check out the many items in the "Resources" section of the website too. Hours of fascinating study await you if you like reading!

That was NOT my intent! Oh my GOODNESS! She's younger than my daughters! Meant to tease a wee bit, as it seems likely but wasn't quite said.

Hmmm. As you are probably teasing me.

Well, Candice, Welcome again! As you can see, along with being excellent and Godly, we're also mischievous. *grin*

I was teasing, I just couldn't resist!

Don't panic Candice, we're really here to support each other in our faith, not to try and grab any young lady that turns up as another wife! Cecil and I just tend to have each other on a bit.

Enjoy the forum!

FollowingHim said:
I was teasing, I just couldn't resist!

Don't panic Candice, we're really here to support each other in our faith, not to try and grab any young lady that turns up as another wife! Cecil and I just tend to have each other on a bit.

Enjoy the forum!

Ach, speak for yourselves, there ARE those of us here who just want to be mischievous! :lol:

Welcome indeed, Candice!

Welcome Candice! It is great to have you on the forums besides in my home. You will have to tell me all that God has been showing you then next time we meet. I would like to say thanks for being such a good friend to Andres and Christie. I know they really appreciate you.

Hope you find some interesting things here and that you will make some great friends.

Welcome Candice! I hope you enjoy yourself here and get as much out of it as I do. There is so much fascinating stuff to read, you could spend days just going through the archives and ignoring the world (well I could, if I didn't have little children hanging off me :lol: )

No worry's...wasn't concerned that I was being recruited! And no my roommate situation will NOT become permanent! Andres is a hottie and a great guy, but yuck we do not have that kind of relationship...that would be almost incestuous, he is like a brother to me :shock: Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Julie, miss you all and can't wait to catch up...and I am so glad to have Christie and Andres' friendship too!

channobu said:
no my roommate situation will NOT become permanent! Andres is a hottie and a great guy, but yuck we do not have that kind of relationship...that would be almost incestuous, he is like a brother to me :shock:

Uh-oh! Glad we didn't offend you with the teasing. Hope you find the toe curling hottie God has for you, wherever that may be.

Since I am very sure it ain't me, I'll feel free to tease you a wee bit more with an autobiographical story ... What you said above? That's pretty much why MY first wife said when I announced I wanted to QUIT being her "brother" and date. Didn't come right out and say it at the time, but I had decided to marry her unless she married someone else first, simply because she was the best (single, age appropriate) woman I knew.

We didn't refer to each other as "best friends", but as "best enemies". We were soooo like a brother and sister that we even squabbled like it, and folks though we WERE. Four years later, we married, alright. Had a wonderful marriage for over 20 years. Still great friends. Would still be married right now if it weren't for PM (she recently said so) -- she wasn't / isn't willing to accept its validity much less practice so removed herself a couple of years before my current wife lost her wings and landed in my lap.

2 great kids biologicall, 2 more adopted, a host of foster kids (and sometimes their parents as well)...

Yup. Best watch out for them hottie "brother" types, Candice. They just might go bad on ya, (ferment, ya know,) and turn into intoxicatingly hot romance! Toe curling, knee trembling stuff! And THEN where will ya be?!!! :eek: :roll: :lol:

channobu said:
No worry's...wasn't concerned that I was being recruited!
Good, she still suspects nothing... :cool:
And no my roommate situation will NOT become permanent! Andres is a hottie and a great guy, but yuck we do not have that kind of relationship...that would be almost incestuous, he is like a brother to me :shock:
I had two flatmates once who got on really well, like brother and sister. He vehemently insisted he would NEVER marry her to a couple of other friends - within a few months they were engaged, and I got to relay this story at their wedding as his best man much to her embarrassment...

Phew...Candice, don't let the conspiracy theorists freak you out Andres is NOT going to start making googly eyes at you! In fact I can think of about 30 billion other freakishly wrong horrors more likely than you and Andres getting hitched...so let me clear it up for everyone else, Andres is not physically, mentally or emotionally attracted to Candice (not that there is anything wrong with her)...and vice versa! And although she is our roommate and it might be natural to think they will get together at some point b/c of believing in pm they will not be together in any romantic capacity now or ever (regardless of what you may think bc of other similar situations you have encountered). I am not offended or anything of the like but it does make Andres and Candice both uncomfortable when people allude to a probable or potential change in their relationship, they expect to be asked, but that's ALL.

On another note...happy to have you here Candice! You rock!

Hello all this is Andres, just wanted to echo everything my wife said! Candice is a lovely person, but we are not compatible on ANY level and I will NEVER be capable of feeling that way about her. As for theories of a possible change over time, we have known Candice for years and she has lived with us for 2 years, and I would say the possibility of us getting together is less likely now than ever before, in fact it gets even more and more unlikely every day, for a number of complex and compound reasons. Please do not think we are bashing each other, we just both see one another so asexually that us being together would be about as unlikely, impossible and unnatural to us as becoming gay! So have at her gents!!! :D

This conversation is a hoot! You three insult each other so much you must be great friends, it's really good to see.

Welcome Andres, glad to have you along too. And thanks for the permission. My daughter's a whole lot younger than Cecil's by the way Candice, but I'm on the other side of the world so you're quite safe. :lol:

Ooooooookay. I'll stop teasing, too. (Already posted the Doomed post, and will leave it for fun.) But it HAS been fun teasing! :D

I hear wedding bells so if anyone wants to get in on the wedding pool that we started, then send me a PM.

There is no option for "they won't get married", only how long it will take until they figure it out.

;)

Welcome to Biblical Families for the Far East Branch, Seoul, South Korea!

You are in a great location, because there is a lot of BF activity in central Florida, with more and more opportunities for fellowship happening all the time.

If all the central Florida people would quit moving away..... :D

Doc

Back