• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Carl

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I am going to put this in the family thread, because our entire family was involved in this blessing.

Carl has passed
Carl physically came into our lives 2 weeks ago when Karin picked him up from a nursing home in Missouri when his stay was up.
Carl was just short of 89 years old and had no family that was able to care for him. Prior to entering the hospital on January 4th he had been residing with some people under conditions that can at best be described as elder abuse.
He was frail, fairly ambulatory and with a voracious appetite. Bloodwork showed that he had malnutrition due to starvation. But he had been gaining strength and we were all optimistic about his immediate future.
He was a thankful man, describing his stay with us as the dessert at the end of the meal that had been his life.
In light of his passing, his last 72 hrs were very interesting. He got to view Breakthrough in a theater, which affected him greatly. He is watched War Room and the extra footage, discussing the passing of the hero. He watched Heaven is for Real with the family and then read the book, discussing how it was looking real to him during his last 30 hours. The only clue that he might be graduating was that Karin’s dog started shadowing him the last day.
I cannot say how privileged we were to share with him a slice of normal life for his dessert.

Wow. What a cool blessing to be there at that point in life.

The amazing thing about our Heavenly Father....if we are willing to give He gives back to us more than we can imagine. You guys are "rock stars" :)

That blessed me too and made me very grateful for willing servants of the most high.
Thanks for sharing!

And now for some of the rest of the story, but first let me apologize if me post came off as “look at us, aren’t we great?”
I shared the story to show an example of YHWH coming in and changing things all around.
The following is a post that I made some weeks ago about what we were experiencing in the run up to Carl’s story.
Here’s what life looks like in real-time for me:
One of my wives, Karin, has much knee damage from old accidents. A couple of years ago she was standing on flimsy chair changing a lightbulb for a neighbor and the chair broke. She fell on her knee and has been limping ever since. Just as it starts getting better, something happens and she re-injures it. Lately the pain has gotten worse and she hasn’t been able to sleep at night. That was before a neighbor sprayed her with cheap perfume because “I thought you would like the scent!” Karin has horrible asthma and that could have been a life-ending event. She dropped onto her knees as if she had been pole-axed and really messed them up.
Karin doesn’t do pain drugs, but I had to convince her to try something in order to be able to sleep at night. Morphine drops were working at night, but she couldn’t take them during the day because of how spaced-out they made her. In the meantime the dr told her that her knees were deteriorating and if they couldn’t turn it around holistically surgery was going to be required. The continual pain was even causing her to throw up food, so nutrition wasn’t going to help.
So with her headed towards becoming an invalid, we were facing a situation in which she was needed to minister to a couple of older people (she is 66) and I was getting the realization that the only way forward was that she receive healing. No other plan was really working for us.
Now I have long believed in healing, but haven’t personally been involved with much success. I have believed that we, as a family, will be walking in greater spiritual authority in the future and that healing will become commonplace for us, but, for whatever reason, we were not yet in the place where YHWH has chosen to trust us with it. Including lack of virtue. (see my previous post)
Well, this past Sunday things were coming to a head and I started getting the feeling that the underlying problem might be more of a more spiritual nature. I mean, she had 100% physical reasons for being decreasingly ambulatory, but I was feeling hints in my spirit that the enemy was taking advantage of the natural and attempting to destroy her ability to do the ministry that I believe that she is called to do.
So in a conference call in our family fellowship (I am on the road, as usual) I started telling her to ask YHWH what this might be attached to. The upshot was that she needed to forgive herself for something that she had become involved in as a young person.
Can Christians have demons? I don’t care whether they are on the outside hiding under your left buttcheek or on the inside of your esophagus, they will stand on whatever ground you give them and attack you from that position. Evidently there were spirits that had attached to that unforgiveness and attacking her from that position.
The minute that she expressed her forgiveness, the pain disappeared. So much so that I had to chide her for jumping up and down in her exuberance yesterday. I had to tell that we have no assurance that her knees are healed, so it’s best not to do anything to further damage them. In fact, her kneecap has not returned to its allotted position, so it’s looks to be simply pain relief at this point. She hasn’t thrown up since Sunday am, either.
A word came from YHWH yesterday about the fact that He has given us dominion over this earth and that as her owner I should of course be calling things into being in her body. So I , over the phone, proceeded to command asthma from her. An hour later the cheap perfume neighbor came over stinking heavily and she had nary a cough. That is totally miraculous, as she normally starts coughing and reacting when someone is smoking on the next property over.
One of the older people mentioned was Carl. She was needed to drive to Missouri and pick him up, but she was going downhill with her own issues.
As I wrote above YHWH took the pain away, but we didn’t have a clue about whether or not there was actual healing.
Well, today I have the praise report!
Karin’s drs couldn’t find evidence of her asthma and were scratching their heads over the knee situation so they sent her in for new x-rays.
Her lungs are perfect with no scarring and were clean from what the dr said was evidence of her smoking for 20 years. She hadn’t smoked, but her husband of 36 years had worked his way up to 7 packs per day, all in the same truck.
Orthopedic surgeon, as he felt her knees: “This ain’t happening.”
Karin: “isn’t”
Him: “Don’t be my mother.”
“Your knees are regenerating. I won’t use the word healing, but I will say regenerating.”

So yes, from the mouth of a man who makes cubic dollars replacing knees and hips. Regenerating.
You guys might want to reconsider the older models, some of them may be rebuildable. ;)

GLORY!!!!!!

The amazing thing about our Heavenly Father....if we are willing to give He gives back to us more than we can imagine. You guys are "rock stars" :)
Aww shucks ma’am, we just want to be like you when we grow up.

Seriously folks, the B family has personally hosted more people than anybody else that I have known. Some of them under very trying circumstances.

And now for some of the rest of the story, but first let me apologize if me post came off as “look at us, aren’t we great?”
I shared the story to show an example of YHWH coming in and changing things all around.
The following is a post that I made some weeks ago about what we were experiencing in the run up to Carl’s story.

One of the older people mentioned was Carl. She was needed to drive to Missouri and pick him up, but she was going downhill with her own issues.
As I wrote above YHWH took the pain away, but we didn’t have a clue about whether or not there was actual healing.
Karin’s drs couldn’t find evidence of her asthma and were scratching their heads over the knee situation so they sent her in for new x-rays.
Her lungs are perfect with no scarring and were clean from what the dr said was evidence of her smoking for 20 years. She hadn’t smoked, but her husband of 36 years had worked his way up to 7 packs per day, all in the same truck.
“Your knees are regenerating. I won’t use the word healing, but I will say regenerating.”

So yes, from the mouth of a man who makes cubic dollars replacing knees and hips. Regenerating.
You guys might want to reconsider the older models, some of them may be rebuildable. ;)

GLORY!!!!!!

Praise YHWH !!!

Chief orthodontic surgeon: “The X-rays must’ve gotten mixed with someone else’s. I will pay for a new set.”

As you wish.

GLORY!!!!!!
Love you guys!! Such a blessing and a great example.

Your story/testimony bears witness to something that has been stirring in my spirit for a while.... Times are changing and Abba is moving to expose and pour out blessings, even youth on His people if they will walk in obedience. We are entering a very difficult window of restoration and tribulation, but Divine protection and blessing will be poured on His as evidence that we are different from the world. NOW is the time to be leaning in, being obedient, seeking His face and walking ever closer.

May Yah bless you with youth!! White hair that turns grey, then salt and pepper as He restores physically to match the spiritual restoration. You will lead many with the vigor of a young man.

I'm not a prophet or the son of a prophet, but that feels like prophecy! Blessings on you!

I just posted that then went and opened an email that begins with Exodus 19:5-6.... Amazing....

Love you guys!! Such a blessing and a great example.

Your story/testimony bears witness to something that has been stirring in my spirit for a while.... Times are changing and Abba is moving to expose and pour out blessings, even youth on His people if they will walk in obedience. We are entering a very difficult window of restoration and tribulation, but Divine protection and blessing will be poured on His as evidence that we are different from the world. NOW is the time to be leaning in, being obedient, seeking His face and walking ever closer.

May Yah bless you with youth!! White hair that turns grey, then salt and pepper as He restores physically to match the spiritual restoration. You will lead many with the vigor of a young man.

I'm not a prophet or the son of a prophet, but that feels like prophecy! Blessings on you!
Thank you, brother!

“.......if they will walk in obedience.

NOW is the time to be leaning in, being obedient, seeking His face and walking ever closer.“

Amen and amen!

Back