• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cars

NorthernWarrior

Good afternoon all. Just a quick curiosity on how everyone handles their vehicle situations? One vehicle per adult? Shared vehicles?

Hi NorthernWarrior,
In my family, each person of legal driving age has a vehicle designated to them. We are in a unique situation, and our family is spread out across almost 150 miles right now. Everyone has a job or task requiring them to drive for some reason, and it is a necessity. In my brother's family though, his wives all live in the same house, and share a minivan. In my experience, each family has to do what is best for their own situation when it comes to vehicles and transportation.

Well it started out that we each had a car. Due to finances we went down to two but the good Lord is blessing us with the ability to have a family van, hubby's truck and SW's truck for the bakery we are opening! :D

Ooh, a bakery sounds like fun. Are you and your sw going in on it together? I'd love to bake for a living, especially if someone else could come clean up after me ;)

We have 3 vehicles that we all share although hubby is the main driver of the car since it is the most cost efficient for his commute to and from work. SW and I use a minivan if one of us is just taking 1 or a few of the children out and then we just traded in another minivan to get a 15 passenger vehicle so we can all travel together. We're very fortunate to have that now and LORD willing, we will take our first big trip as a family here in a couple weeks. We're very excited!

Well, for us the ideal car is a car with the steering wheel in the middle and a passenger seat on each side. But in reality we each have our own car. Anyone can drive any of the cars, but we all kind of stick with the one we use the most. It is much safer that way. You are always safest in the car you are most familiar with. I had a friend die in an accident that would have been avoided if he had been in his own familiar car. So even if hubby's car is nicer and more comfy, I just feel safer in my car because it is familiar and reacts the way I want it to. Unless the bumper falls off. That is just plain embarrassing.

I’ve thought about this before. I think for us, if we add a sisterwife. I would like to provide each wife with a car or mini van and then maybe have a family van for going places together. Yet I also think we should acknowledge that we as a family own all the vehicles together. I guess we’ll see when we get there but right now that is the way I’m leaning.

Back