• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Catholic Church Contradictions

i'm just wondering what does this post on anything at all to do about marriage on any level sounds like somebody's bitter who needs to have a place to vent

I think the catholic church came along after the Bible was already compiled - in one way shape or form. I think all the claims of the catholic church should be questioned due to their bad fruit. Including how old they are. Why trust someone that's known to be deceptive?
They go from Roman bishops in Roman empire. There were 5 bishops considered superior, one of them from Rome.

Rest is his gaining more supremacy and creating church organization. Roots are very deep.

oops my bad i forgot this was set up so people can just have debates about whatever i forgot that's what our group was all about just having religious debates my bad for some reason i thought biblical families was there to help families

oops my bad i forgot this was set up so people can just have debates about whatever i forgot that's what our group was all about just having religious debates my bad for some reason i thought biblical families was there to help families
This thread is under "Biblical Issues Other Than Marriage & Family". The OP made the thread, but not the section. Seeing as you're labeled a staff member I'm sure you have access to the moderators and can ask them to step in if any rules if the forum are being broken.

The Catholic Church is an adversary of the Biblical patriarchy family unit and polygamy. The Council of Trent forbid it in 1563 - and the entire western world followed suit with very strong enforcement. There are many muslims that are part of this western world (they live in the USA or Europe), and because of the Catholic's massive power and influence - even pagans, and muslims have conformed to this monogamy only view. Protestant pastors have also been influenced by deceptive Jesuit teachings against polygamy. All roads lead back to Rome.

2 Corinthians 2:11
So that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

If there wasn't bad fruit when decision what books belong to Bible was made, then choice is valid.

As I said, most of the New Testament books were recognized instantly as authoritative scripture, upwards of 20 of them according to Bible scholar Bill Mounce. There wasn't a "decision made", they were already recognized almost as soon as they were written. 7 struggled somewhat to get in but did get in a a fairly timely manner.

@RonHiggins, at an in-person retreat, do you spend the entire time discussing marriage, or between formal meetings do you discuss other things also? At the retreats I have attended I have found I spent a considerable amount of time discussing non-marriage-related matters. The same occurs here. Basically for three reasons:
1) Friendly banter (getting to know each other), and
2) Genuine interest in people's opinions (anyone who is solid enough in their understanding of scripture to recognise that polygamy is acceptable might have other useful things to say).
3) Because you run out of things to say about marriage...

I think the catholic church came along after the Bible was already compiled - in one way shape or form.
Well, yes, you could describe the history that way.

I still can't understand why you want to debate something that is clearly and simply recorded in history, and instead want to just believe that all this history might be fake.

Well, yes, you could describe the history that way.

I still can't understand why you want to debate something that is clearly and simply recorded in history, and instead want to just believe that all this history might be fake.
I'm not saying all history may be fake. Manipulated and altered? Perhaps. Satan is the present ruler of this world. If he can convince a billion catholics they are the first and holy church, if he can convince the world to mutilate their children, worship pride month, the earth is billions of years old, mankind started living 10,000+ years ago, we came from monkeys with the theory of evolution, dinosaurs are 65 million years old, mankind landed on the moon, then why should I trust the history we're given? I stick with Scripture. Scripture says no one knows what people were doing back in the day. Does that mean I completely reject all history? No of course not. But if the source contradicts scripture - then everything else they say is called into question. In the public schooling system - they teach all these things. Theory of Evolution. Theory of Big Bang. Teaching about "safe sex with condoms" (safe sex is a female keeping her virginity until marriage). These things contradict the word of God. So if their books are deceiving to us about these things - why should I put my faith into whatever else they say?

...I have found I spent a considerable amount of time discussing non-marriage-related matters. The same occurs here. Basically for three reasons:
There's another reason, too, Samuel:

Because Scripture is a Unified Whole. Marriage is a vital part of the Bigger Complete Picture.

Those of you who haven’t been blessed to meet Ron should know that he is one of the cornerstone rocks this ministry is built on. He rarely posts on the forum unfortunately and this is a great chance for some of you to get exposed to his incredible humor and surprising wisdom.

I myself was an active Roaman Catholic and it was through the truth of the gospel God saved me, so I know God even saves Roman Catholics. All praise to Him for the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation. Shalom
Have you’ve found that God has blessed your life since moving away from Roman Catholicism?

And Satan was masterminding that exactly why?
It goes much deeper than the moon landing. But I feel that would be a different thread. But in essence - it’s about questioning the word - Lord Jesus Christ. It leads people questioning God’s word. If people can’t trust God’s word it leads them to believing in evolution. Then a person justices murder and adultery simply by thinking life is random, and shooting a human being (made in God’s image) is no different than shooting another monkey.

And Satan was masterminding that exactly why?
In space there are stars all around you because there is no atmosfere to block their light.

Moon practically has no atmosfere, so you looking directly in space at stars. Where are bloody stars on picture?

No stars, no moon landing. This picture looks more like taken somewhere on desert on Earth.

This is primary reason I don't believe NASA. I have never seen any their picture "from space" with stars in background.

No idea what exactly is Satan plan. I did read somewhere that it's forbidden for humans to leave atmosfere. Can't remember why and Bible qoutes to support it.

Back