• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Catholics Removing the 2nd Commandment

Earth_is-

Male
The Pharisees were rebuked harshly for adding to His Word. But even they didn’t go as far as the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church turned the 10 commandments of God into “the 9 commandments of God.”

How so? Very simple - they removed the 2nd commandment, which refers to making images and bowing down to them; and split the 10th commandment into two commandments. The 10th commandment refers to coveting - don’t covet anything belonging to your neighbor; which includes his house, his wife (or wives), his animals, his wealth, etc.

If the Pharisees were judged for mingling with his Word - how much more will our Master Yeshua judge the Roman Catholic Church for literally removing His 2nd commandment; so they can make billions off the selling of Mary statues; and cause their members to sin against the Most High by bowing down to images made with human hands?

If King Jesus Christ returned today and started teaching inside these tax exempt government church buildings - I have little doubt he’d be kicked out of many of them. Just like the Pharisees of his day were throwing stones at him. Nothing new under the sun.

The Pharisees were rebuked harshly for adding to His Word. But even they didn’t go as far as the Roman Catholic Church.
The Whore Church and the Whore Synagogue BOTH, repeatedly, violated His commands against "adding to" or "subtracting from" His Word: Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, and, ultimately, the Last Command in the Bible.

I don't follow what the Catholic Church does at all. Where are they saying they eliminated the second commandment.

I don't follow what the Catholic Church does at all. Where are they saying they eliminated the second commandment.

Protestant Ten Commandments from https://www.reporter-times.com/stor...ndments-and-their-relevance-today/6457925001/

• You shall have no other gods before me.
  • Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images. ...
  • Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. ...
  • Remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy. ...
  • Honor your father and mother. ...
  • Thou shalt not kill. ...
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery. ...
  • Thou shalt not steal.
  • Thou shall not bear false witness.
  • You shall not covet./quote]
Catholic Ten Commandments from https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resource/55029/the-ten-commandments

1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain.

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's day.

4. Honor your father and your mother.

5. You shall not kill.

6. You shall not commit adultery.

7. You shall not steal.

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

It’s both houses indeed. But just like the Northern Kingdom and their capital, Samaria, was significantly worse than the southern kingdom and their capitol in Jerusalem; so is the Roman Catholic Church compared to the Protestant movement. Also just like the northern kingdom went to war against the southern kingdom - so do the Protestants quarrel with the Roman Catholics; even though they profess the same God. Nothing new under the sun.

The Catholics love their graven images and they always say they venerate their statues of Mary and etc. but that they don't worship them.

Yet what does venerate mean?

Did you know?​

Venerate comes from the Latin root venerārī, which has the various meanings of "to solicit the good will of," "to worship," "to pay homage to," and "to hold in awe." That root is related to Venus, which, as a proper noun, is the name of the Roman goddess of love and beauty.

'To worship'

Thus they got rid of that pesky 2nd Commandment which conflicted with their pagan idols.

It’s in their official doctrine. I’ve attached a picture and the link directly to their website that explains why they did it: B8CCDF28-6D21-49AD-B326-E106863FBD4E.png

In summary - because the “early church fathers.” Their definition of early church fathers are not the apostles and disciples that actually witnessed God in the flesh - but people born hundreds of years later. Around 150-350 AD. They did not witness Christ. They were not apostles or disciples of Christ. But that’s who they go to for authority in terms of changing the commandments and nullifying the word of God; people that lived hundreds of years after Christ rose from the grave.

How much has our world changed in just 20 years? In the year 2000 - homosexually was still frowned upon, and being a transgender wasn’t a thing. 20 years later the world has changed. Now imagine how much can the Word of God be twisted by “church fathers” 100-300 years after Lord Yeshua rose from the grave. Yeshua had thousands of disciples and of course the 12 apostles (Paul as well of course, but he says in his letters he doesn’t deserve to be called an apostle due to how he persecuted the church).

I don’t even like using the expression “church fathers.” Paul uses the phrase - “pillars of the church.” And the pillars were the apostles that actually witnessed God in the flesh. Not someone born a hundred years later.

Last edited:
The Catholics love their graven images and they always say they venerate their statues of Mary and etc. but that they don't worship them.

Yet what does venerate mean?

'To worship'

Thus they got rid of that pesky 2nd Commandment which conflicted with their pagan idols.
I found out about that very recently as well - by studying deeper what venerate means and where it came from. And behold - its roots are in in Roman paganism - “worshipping or giving awe to a Roman pagan goddess.” You can’t make this stuff up.

Roman Catholics are trained to respond to criticisms for Mary worship - by saying they “venerate” her. Which simply means in Latin - to worship or try to illicit good will from a god.

Not only do the Roman Catholics learn about a “different” Jesus - one that the apostles did not preach - but they also learn about a different (counterfeit) Mary. It’s Horus and Isis worship - the pagan gods from ancient times. Mother and Son:

C55B2205-E19A-4E95-BD71-10C0369F6647.jpeg49EB5064-24D2-4E56-A944-8B601D46A809.pngEE95BD23-D9C2-42F0-8C83-D4640FFFE861.png
^ the design of the moonstrance - where they keep the bread (body of Christ), is the same design that Horus and Isis used (sun and moon worship).
4F8139F0-2693-45E2-A793-3EB951415FF9.jpeg
851C334F-F71E-44E2-96BC-71F9E3DF76AB.jpeg
These two images are from Vatican hall. Do you see how the belly of the serpent was strategically placed, so its members are inside its belly?

By their fruit you’ll know them - said the Master - Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
The Pharisees were rebuked harshly for adding to His Word. But even they didn’t go as far as the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church turned the 10 commandments of God into “the 9 commandments of God.”

How so? Very simple - they removed the 2nd commandment, which refers to making images and bowing down to them; and split the 10th commandment into two commandments. The 10th commandment refers to coveting - don’t covet anything belonging to your neighbor; which includes his house, his wife (or wives), his animals, his wealth, etc.

If the Pharisees were judged for mingling with his Word - how much more will our Master Yeshua judge the Roman Catholic Church for literally removing His 2nd commandment; so they can make billions off the selling of Mary statues; and cause their members to sin against the Most High by bowing down to images made with human hands?

If King Jesus Christ returned today and started teaching inside these tax exempt government church buildings - I have little doubt he’d be kicked out of many of them. Just like the Pharisees of his day were throwing stones at him. Nothing new under the sun.
I grew up Traditional (Sedevacantist) Catholic. I no longer am as my husband and I am Torah Keeping Christian. (I also had no idea that Torah keeping Christianity was even a thing till the last three years.) I had really no idea till I was well into my teenage years that the Protestants had a differences in their commandments. Any Differences we had to protestants was explained that they changed things when any or all denominations separated from the Catholic church.

Because of not realizing the difference in the commandments I always was confused why protestants pushed back so hard against Mary and the saints. And why they didn't have statues like we did. Venerating the statues and religious pictures, crucifixes and the like are just so ingrained that if you are raised with it, you know all the responses to any push back. Literally anything can be explained away in Catholicism by the church says so. So if people push back against non biblical church traditions it always goes back to the church and tradition. It's an incredibly hard mindset to break out of.

I have family members still in the Catholic church and still haven't figured out a good way to crack the mindset on things for them. It's an individual choice to remove the blinders.

BTW, it's not just the remaining 'nine' commandments. They dropped #4, too...
They didn't drop it, they changed the day on which they observe it (which may of course be wrong). They continue to religiously observe the seventh day, referring back to the commandment as their reason to do so. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying it's very misleading to say that they "dropped" that commandment.

They didn't drop it, they changed the day on which they observe it (which may of course be wrong). They continue to religiously observe the seventh day, referring back to the commandment as their reason to do so. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying it's very misleading to say that they "dropped" that commandment.
Part of the commandment is "but the seventh". So at least that part has been dropped.

The Catholics also teach that the observance of that commandment is done through mandatory attendance of the Mass.

So, they may still currently hold that commandment, but they dropped it on its head and it's a little... different... now.

I grew up Traditional (Sedevacantist) Catholic. I no longer am as my husband and I am Torah Keeping Christian. (I also had no idea that Torah keeping Christianity was even a thing till the last three years.) I had really no idea till I was well into my teenage years that the Protestants had a differences in their commandments. Any Differences we had to protestants was explained that they changed things when any or all denominations separated from the Catholic church.

Because of not realizing the difference in the commandments I always was confused why protestants pushed back so hard against Mary and the saints. And why they didn't have statues like we did. Venerating the statues and religious pictures, crucifixes and the like are just so ingrained that if you are raised with it, you know all the responses to any push back. Literally anything can be explained away in Catholicism by the church says so. So if people push back against non biblical church traditions it always goes back to the church and tradition. It's an incredibly hard mindset to break out of.

I have family members still in the Catholic church and still haven't figured out a good way to crack the mindset on things for them. It's an individual choice to remove the blinders.
Thank you for sharing. It is certainly not easy to come out of that system. It’s a very united system - they all believe in the same doctrines. They believe in the lies that comes from the pulpit, and the Vatican are experts in twisting the word of God to justify their man made traditions.

The indoctrination into that system starts at such a young age, because they require infant baptism - which is not biblical - since the true baptism is of the Spirit after a person repents (turns away from the ways of the world, and submits to YAH’s ways), and puts their faith/reliance in the king of kings - Lord Jesus Christ.

So it’s a very powerful system - if your parents are Catholic - and they get you into that system - it’s very difficult to come out of her. I’ll venture to go out and say that a parent putting their own child into that system is committing violence against their own children. Look at South America - it’s mostly Catholic. Where is the fruit of the Holy Spirit in South America? It’s riddled with corruption, violence, theft, kidnapping, drugs, and idolatry. But it’s almost entirely Catholic. That tells me people aren’t being truly reborn into new creations under the Roman Catholic system.

Look at Europe and North America - there are cases after cases of children being sexually abused by these Catholic priests. And in many cases, the Vatican helps protect these priests by simply moving them to a different city. This leads me to believe that the curses laid out in Deuteronomy - may be going into effect in that system.

Two times Eastern Orthodox church in Byzantian Empire reversed corporate decision that icon worship is sin and should be eliminated. Both of those times were reversed by Jezebels ignoring previous decisions. It would be interesting where Eastern Orthodox church would be if they did not cave in into tyranny of two empresses.
Fascinating, I learnt a lot reading up on that, thankyou.

They do their sabbath on Sunday, indeed. The town I was born in, which is majority Catholic, they actually shut down all places of work. So the shopping malls are closed. Grocery stores are closed. Only a select few stores remain open on Sunday.

But I will personally venture out and say that their motivation for sabbath worship may not necessarily come from keeping God’s commandments; because if that was the case, then they wouldn’t had dropped the 2nd commandment……..

But instead, I believe their motivation for sabbath worship is for worldly gain. Sabbath worship for them means - mass attendance - which brings in people inside their doors. Which leads to getting paid. They are worth in the trillions. They got their power early on through bloodshed. Messianic Jews, Jews, and Protestants - anyone that stood in their way - they murdered deeming them as heretics - and a recent pope acknowledged they did these things and asked for forgiveness.

So of course - they are able to claim what they want to claim in terms of being the “first church.” They acquired their power early on following the footsteps of the devil - deceit and murder. There’s a saying - whomever wins the war - re-writes the history. I’m not saying they won the war - but they definitely won power, wealth, and control on earth. And all the world leaders come to her - celebrities, presidents, Muslim leaders, etc.

Look at South America - it’s mostly Catholic. Where is the fruit of the Holy Spirit in South America? It’s riddled with corruption, violence, theft, kidnapping, drugs, and idolatry. But it’s almost entirely Catholic. That tells me people aren’t being truly reborn into new creations under the Roman Catholic system.
Same thing can be said wherever Eastern Orthodox is dominant.

I think if Eastern Orthodox church did not cave in into idolatry, perhaps God would have given them victories over Arabian Moslems and Islam world would not have been this big. It was situation similar to Israel and Assyrians. Israel became idolatrous and God used Assyrians who were more wicked to punish Israel.

When Russian World spread into Eastern Ukraine in 2014. Protestant churches and seminaries were shut down and people were persecuted by Russian Orthodox.

In some places in Mexico, Catholics violently persecute Protestants. I wish some prominent Protestants would shame Catholics for tolerating this type of persecution to force them to speak out against it.

In some places in Mexico, Catholics violently persecute Protestants. I wish some prominent Protestants would shame Catholics for tolerating this type of persecution to force them to speak out against it.
The Roman Catholic Church is perfectly described in the book of revelation:

That video even left out a few important verses as well - such as all the kings of the earth fornicating with her, and of course being drunk with the blood of God’s holy people who were witnesses for Jesus.

There is a warning for the people inside that system. Scripture says to “come out of her,” otherwise, being punished with her, and her sins are piled as high as heaven. Revelation 18:4

How 'bout this, then, Samuel?

They 'subtracted from' (His actual Sabbath) and 'added to' (their substitute) - all in one great big deception (and they did at at swordpoint - pain of death, or worse - too!

Back