• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Central Florida Winter retreat, February 23rd-25th, 2024 - It's on!

Added to Calendar: 02-23-24, 02-24-24, 02-25-24

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
We now have a location for this get-together - it'll be near Mount Dora, which is northwest of Orlando. We will be meeting at our house (the Benders), we have room for a big crowd during the day (may need to rent some chairs), but unfortunately you can't all stay overnight with us! So that means you can choose your own hotel or campground nearby (or if you want to get a deal near Disney and drive 40+ minutes, fine by us). This is targeted for southeast folks especially (even though some of us are going to Phoenix, there's many that cannot), but those needing a snow break, or want to plan around a longer Florida vacation, are welcome too (if we get too big we'll have to cap it, but we can handle 60+ with kids.)

This will be a more relaxed, fellowship-style retreat, while we'll do typical Friday and Saturday evening sessions, there will be plenty of social and play time, for outdoor activities.

Write @julieb or email retreats@biblicalfamilies.org to get on the list for more info soon.

We now have a location for this get-together - it'll be near Mount Dora, which is northwest of Orlando. We will be meeting at our house (the Benders), we have room for a big crowd during the day (may need to rent some chairs), but unfortunately you can't all stay overnight with us! So that means you can choose your own hotel or campground nearby (or if you want to get a deal near Disney and drive 40+ minutes, fine by us). This is targeted for southeast folks especially (even though some of us are going to Phoenix, there's many that cannot), but those needing a snow break, or want to plan around a longer Florida vacation, are welcome too (if we get too big we'll have to cap it, but we can handle 60+ with kids.)

This will be a more relaxed, fellowship-style retreat, while we'll do typical Friday and Saturday evening sessions, there will be plenty of social and play time, for outdoor activities.

Write @julieb or email retreats@biblicalfamilies.org to get on the list for more info soon.
I almost wish I hadn’t committed to the Phoenix retreat because this one sounds awesome!

I almost wish I hadn’t committed to the Phoenix retreat because this one sounds awesome!
Well, this is just a Friday night drive for you! Drive home Sunday night. No excuse!

Hey, as a resident, I can get a nice camp site 3 miles away (park on a lake) for like $13/night. I should reserve 2 of those, let people share them. Usually 2 tents allowed.

Well, this is just a Friday night drive for you! Drive home Sunday night. No excuse!

Hey, as a resident, I can get a nice camp site 3 miles away (park on a lake) for like $13/night. I should reserve 2 of those, let people share them. Usually 2 tents allowed.
That’s almost a possibility.

At least someone around here appreciates my humor 😆
I live with a bunch of men folk. Our family humor sometimes includes dinner table conversations that weed out those with weak minds.....that can't keep the subject matter from messing with their appetites.

Did you know one of our sons was eating venison ribs once and bit into a pocket of pus and hair from an old injury the deer got?

You get the idea! 🤣

Back