• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Central Florida Winter retreat, February 23rd-25th, 2024 - It's on!

Added to Calendar: 02-23-24, 02-24-24, 02-25-24

Sadly I won’t be able to attend. Too much work to get done. 😫

I wish @Proverbs3.5 and I could make it. We have livestock now and that changes everything. BUT we are planning for the big retreat 🙃 :cool: :D
Adulting is rough, however I wouldn't trade in our homesteading. I love our little farm... thank you my lord for all you do!!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the summer at the big retreat. We will be praying for everyone as you travel and prep.
Big hugs familia!!

I am planning to attend. After retreat, if we will be done on Sunday, about half hour from the Benders there will be Ukrainian festival in free park in Altamonte Springs.

Attachments

• Festival.jpg
    Festival.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi Edward, I am new here, I am planning on going to the Florida retreat. You mentioned a big retreat, do you know when and where will this one be?
Sorry it took me soooo long to reply. The when? Usually around august. The where? You have to get a hold of @julieb and @nathan for that info, as we only find out on the forum and in the retreat news letter.

Just a quick reminder for those who may be close enough to still make it to Florida, or sick of your own weather: there's still room for a few more at our retreat near Orlando this weekend. Write @julieb now if you are interesting in trying to make it. Should be sunny and 70F this weekend! (We just had 2.25 inches of rain this weekend, so hopefully that's done for a bit.) Looking forward to the fellowship!

For Fernando and others: summer location still being researched, but Tennessee or nearby likely, early August probable. Hopefully settled in a few weeks!

How did it go?

I think it went well, but I might be biased. lol
It was a nice size crowd for our house, and beautiful weather outside to enjoy. Blessed to meet some new faces, and spend time with friends.

Agree with Julie, I thought we had a very good group, and interesting discussions, and lots of fellowship time (I gave a lot of boat rides, and some tube rides as well). Even with some cancellations we had 28 adults and about a dozen kids, which was nearly full for our 'bonus room'. Looking at the list, interestingly, of those who attended, very few are active on the forum.
Just like summer retreats, Julie worked very hard to feed everybody at least 3 times, plus many for breakfast - thank you Julie!

One great takeaway: we now have enough people in Florida for 1-day get-togethers every so often. Florida people who I may not know: DM me to get on the 'Florida list'.

Last edited:
Back