• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"changeaview.com"

Very interesting. However, check the fine print:
It uses the basic forum structure and rules, but relies on paid moderators, a log of moderation actions, and the Perspective comment ranking system from Alphabet's tech incubator Jigsaw (which also provided a degree of funding) to automatically scrub some abusive behavior.
Alphabet is Google. From the linked article:
Jigsaw admits that Tune is still an experiment, meaning it may not spot all forms of toxicity or could hide non-offensive comments.
So, this website that is intended to "Change My View" is backed by Google and uses a Google-funded AI to decide which comments are of value and which comments should be hidden, giving Google full power to nudge discussions in whatever directions they approve of by tweaking the algorithms. I smell a rat...

It's a great shame because the fundamental idea behind the website is great.

I suspect this website will be a great success, will help to "change people's views" peacably on a whole host of issues, but "coincidentally" the net effect (not the effect on every individual, but the net overall effect) will be to move people's views to be more in line with the established PC narrative endorsed by Google.

Note too that it is mandatory that the views you state are your personal views that you honestly hold. They are not allowed to be "devils advocate" statements for instance. That is good from a discussion perspective, but...
Google's involved (and it's on the public web anyway).
So if anything you say has current or future negative legal implications, you are now on record as stating not only these views somewhere, but asserting that they are your genuinely held views. And given Google's involvement, it will be relatively easy for them to tie your identity to the real you.
Just be careful with it if getting into more controversial topics.

Also - read the rules.
The original post must be a statement of a view someone holds, that they are willing to change with sufficient evidence.
The first level replies must ALL be in opposition to that view, not in support.
Second-level replies may either support or oppose.

Think carefully about this construction before engaging.
If you post an OP of "I believe polygamy is good", then every reply must be arguments against polygamy. Those can be then replied to by others to show the arguments are weak.
Conversely, if someone posts an OP saying "polygamy is wrong", then every top level reply must be arguing for polygamy.
Both are potentially useful discussions. But you need to be aware of this structured discussion format. It's very different from any other forum.

Ya basically, you're training AI on how to better argue with real live humans on real live issues. The only intent of this is to further improve the troll (read propoganda) bots. These are the supercomputer programs which pose as human and are used to infest open internet chats, forums, and comment streams and influence public opinion.

That is likely true also. I still think it's worth engaging with to potentially influence a few people. Just be aware of what you're dealing with while you do so.

If someone wants to engage folks on a social platform that won't censor you (yet), may I suggest Dissenter? I haven't installed it yet myself, but I understand it's basically an third-party plugin that allows commenting on any website, regardless of whether that site has a comment section. Downside is that only Dissenter users will see it, but that could be a good thing (self-selected audience open to alternative opinions). It was created by the same guy that made the free-speech Twitter alternative, Gab.

If this is your thing you might also check out kialo. Not my thing, but looks like an interesting platform if you're trying to get heard. People make pro and con comments on stated issues and other readers upvote the ones they like. Questions can also be divided into subtopics. Again, looks like an interesting platform (was recommended to me by a friend of mine who knows me pretty well), I just don't have the bandwidth.

Back