• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Changing screen name.

Re: Changing one's screen name

Looks like the software on which BF is currently running doesn't allow it. If there's a pressing need, explain it to an admin and maybe they can do something.

Nathan7 can do it for you if needed from behind the scenes, send him a private message. He's unwell so it might take some time for him to get on to it, sorry.

Thanks guys. I feel a pressing need to come out of the closet and want to change my screen name to my real name. We are hurtling towards Sodom and Gomorrah territory and those of who believe in patriarchy have the answer but we're too afraid to tell it to anyone. Strangers on the internet know more about what I believe than my parents. Its time to tell the world where it went wrong and how to get back on track. Rant over. Messaging Nathan.

Easier to do (and undo): Add a signature to your posts. Like we see under Samuel's posts, for instance.

User Control Panel > Profile tab > Edit signature

et voilà!

Agree with Mystic, that is simpler and better. Then if for some reason a situation arises where you do need to hide your identity again, one quick change by you and it disappears from all of your past posts also. Or if you want to give even more info about yourself that could be helpful for some random person on the internet (like, your street address and the hours your house is left empty during a typical week, for instance), you can do that too! :)

Back