• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Chat for BF teens starting this Thursday

ChrisM

A few of us here at Biblical Families have been talking for a while about offering a time for our teenage children to chat using the Biblical Families chat room. While the chat room is open all the time, many parents wish to have some supervision to protect the children and have decided to have trusted adults supervise the chat room at specified times to provide a safe option for our teens to talk to one another and meet new friends within the BF ministry membership.

We have decided for the current time to offer Thursday evenings from 7:00-8:30 pm Eastern time. This will start next Thursday, October 11 and my wife, "Sara C" will be in the chat room to help keep this time profitable and safe for everyone. We have some basic guidelines that we are still working on for Teen Chat, and we will post those soon so we can talk things over with concerned parents.

Feel free to comment on this post if you have helpful input or concerns. We wanted to announce this starting today so those of you with teenage children who may be interested will be able to join us and help the teens of Biblical Families get to know one another better and hopefully be an encouragement to each other.

Re: Chat for BF teens starting next week

excellent idea, I will attempt to let my daughter (13) be there with my supervision. any headway on the teen membership to the site with parental controls?

I will be traveling to the women's retreat on Thursday evening. I want you to know the teen room will be in my prayers for a successful launch. I am hoping and praying that they make friends and connections that sustain and strengthen them.

We had a good night at chat tonight. We had on 4 teens. They had fun talking about music, school, and exploring the smiley faces on chat. They also shared some Bible verses and just got to know eachother. Hope more teens can join us next week.

Sara C.

oops we had to go to the younger kids fall festival. hopefully we can make it on next week.

Tonight is our second BF teen chat. We will begin at 7pm with Sara C (my wife) moderating and helping keep things moving. Last week we had just 4 teens, we hope this week more will get involved (Hint, Hint) as participation will help us know how to guide this newly formed opportunity.

Back