• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cheating wife

Lionking

I have a fiance who I love with all my heart, we had planned to get married in the summer of next year. The problem is that she has difficulty carrying children. She has had miscarriages in the past. Because I love her so much, I decided i would not leave her because she can't have kids, we talked about it and it was she who suggested that we find a younger woman to have a child for me and give it to us. Having recently become a Christian, i decided that I would diligently search the scriptures to see what it says about this type of situation because I did not want to follow what the world dictates, this is when I realized that a plural marriage would be a better answer than what she was suggesting. I put it to her and tried as best i could to show her from scripture. At first she was very much against it not wanting to "share her husband" but she eventually agreed. Matters became complicated when I had to leave my country to come here in the U.S. to be with my mother at her request because her husband had recently died and she was alone and sickly. Since i'm not a citizen of this country, it is very difficult for me to get a job here, though my mother is a woman of some means I prefer to work and not be dependent on her. She suggested that I change my visa from visitor to student so I could finish college. She wants me here permanently so she wants me to marry a citizen to become one. I discussed this with my fiance and it took every argument and persuasion I could summon for her to agree. So the plan was I get married here, go back and marry her there, I would spend half the year here and half there and while i'm there with her, my wife here would stay with my mother. She took a vacation from her job to spend two months here with me and then she went back. Two months after going back home, she cheated on me. Her reason, she says that all the decisions were all about me and that i'm being selfish and that when I get married to a citizen here it is that woman who would be the legal wife not her. She is not yet a Christian and does not fully understand. Should I forgive her? I love her very much.

Yes, you should forgive her. Should you marry her? That's another question altogether. You are trying to put yourself into a situation I wouldn't wish on anyone: Splitting your time between women on two different continents with family and jealousy issues to boot. Here's the real kicker, though:

She is not yet a Christian and does not fully understand.

Why are you engaged to a non-believer?

1Corinthians 7:13-15 about the believing and unbelieving spouse is the reason why i'm engaged to her. We've been together going on six years now. Thank you for responding, I've already forgiven her in my heart, still not sure whether or not I should still marry her though. I have an undying love for this woman. Isn't it supposed to be like that though, because just as Christ has forgiven us of our sins and no matter what sin is committed he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, he set an example for us to follow that even in infidelity and unfaithfulness HE is willing to forgive HIS bride and receive her unto himself. Look at the story of Hosea the prophet.

I think that instead of asking us, you should follow your heart.

God is love and we were created to live in his image.

This doesn't mean stay with her, as that is entirely up to you, it does mean however that you should show open forgiveness and read her emotional response.

Follow your heart and stay strong, ask yourself if it is right for you?

Back