• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Christianity Today does article on Polyamory: The Next Sexual Frontier

Nothing.

Are you talking about QAnon? I just did a search, last mention on the two biggest NZ mainstream media sites was August 2018 and Feb 2019, both dismissing it as an outlandish conspiracy theory. That's had some coverage but only to ridicule it.

both dismissing it as an outlandish conspiracy theory

Which is hilarious cause their's no reason those journalists would even know about it if they weren't part of the coordinated disinfo campaign. A literal conspiracy where papers around the world will print identical talking points in coordination with each other at the same time.

I agree with @rockfox. The Q, Qanon is a thing. It's purpose, good or bad is relevant to all who study it, but nevertheless it's a movement that is making a change.

The whole 8chan as a platform presents is a real thing. Once someone starts seeing it the world does change.

From what I have heard it's almost up again. They are doing beta testing now.

There is a site that seems to have a few anons posting. It's 888chan with the net and replace the 888 with END. Not trying to draw flies.

If consenting adults decide to share each other them what business is it to others.

Polyamory: The Next Sexual Frontier

These once-taboo relationships are showing up in churches across the US.

PRESTON SPRINKLE AND BRANSON PARLER

A pastor recently told me (Preston) about Tyler and Amanda (names changed), high-school sweethearts raised in Christian homes, living in the Bible belt. After getting married, they seemed to be living the American dream with a house, good jobs, and two kids. Then Jon, a friend of Tyler’s, began living with their family. Amanda developed a close relationship with him, but their flirtation soon developed into something more, and Jon and Amanda proposed to Tyler that they begin exploring polyamory, with Amanda adding Jon as a significant other. They also encouraged Tyler to develop a relationship with another woman he’d met at the gym. He agreed.

When Tyler and Amanda came out as polyamorous, their parents were shocked. What seemed like a fringe practice of the sexual revolution had settled into the heartland of Middle America.

Making the situation even more complex, Tyler and Amanda sought counseling from a Christian counselor who advocated polyamory. Tyler’s parents were disturbed by what their son and daughter-in-law heard there: “It’s only adultery or cheating if someone is kept in the dark. If you are open and honest, this is a God-honoring relationship. And this is good for the kids! It takes a village to raise a child, so a polyamorous relationship actually brings more support and ‘family’ into your kids’ lives, much like the extended families in the past.”

Over the last several years, my (Preston’s) full-time job at The Center for Faith, Sexuality & Gender has been helping leaders and pastors engage questions about sexuality and gender with theological faithfulness and courageous love. Naturally, I often get asked, “What’s the next discussion Christians need to have about these issues?” My answer is always the same: “Polyamory.”

Can't post whole article here due to copyright infringement but here's link to article:
https://www.christianitytoday.com/pastors/2019/fall/polyamory-next-sexual-frontier.html

And there's some good discussion on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PrestonSprinkle/status/1179510223507058688

Of course this isn't necessarily "us" but others see this as one in the same so IMHO it's good to be engaged in these discussions online.

If consenting adults decide to share each other them what business is it to others.

Legally speaking? None. Morally speaking? Consent isn't want determines morality in the Christian worldview; the scriptures do.

But that's a problem for the American church because they undermined their only scriptural condemnation against polyamory when they embraced divorce.

My concern is that these people heard this advice from some supposedly Christian counselor! Bring up polygyny, and these guys will tell you that your marriage is hopeless and advise your wife to divorce you, but, mention that there may be a boyfriend in the picture, and it's like, "Hey! Have you ever considered polyamory?" WHAT!!!!

Problem is ethical basic of polyamory. Only thing we have in common is desire for more partners.

Polyamory is based on equality, so if man wants more females, he must be OK with her having more male partners.

Forbidding more males into relationship is called bigotry, abuse etc....

Last edited:
Problem is ethical basic of polyamory. Only thing we have in common is desire for more partners.

Polyamory is based on equality, so if man wants more females, he must be OK with her having more male partners.

It's the logical end result of love being what legitimizes sexual relationships.

And here we are almost 4 years on and the next sexual frontier being pushed by the media isn't polyamory. It's pedophilia.

This, polyamory, divorce, rampant fornication. It's all the same rotten fruit of the bad tree of women's lib and eros.

You're delving into self-righteousness. The Biblical Hierarchy in the family unit came from the LORD. The Creator. Whose wisdom surpasses all others. Like he told to Job:

Job 38:3-4

Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.

4“ Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.

For you were born before it was all created, and you are so very experienced! (verse 21)

-- If you wish to stand on the foundations of polyamory (because you're so experienced) - then you should also be prepared to potentially drink the wrath that the fruit of polyamory brings.

Revelation 18:4:
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues.

If you repent and have your rock built entirely on Jesus Christ. His teachings. Then even when the storms come -- you will remain standing. Even when people throw all kinds of insults at you. Blessed are you:

Matthew 5:11-12
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

This would require putting Jesus Christ as the Master of your life. Regardless if it means problems in your household, church, community, friends, etc.

Last edited:
You're delving into self-righteousness. The Biblical Hierarchy in the family unit came from the LORD. The Creator. Whose wisdom surpasses all others. Like he told to Job:

Job 38:3-4

Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.

4“ Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.

For you were born before it was all created, and you are so very experienced! (verse 21)

-- If you wish to stand on the foundations of polyamory (because you're so experienced) - then you should also be prepared to potentially drink the wrath that the fruit of polyamory brings.

Revelation 18:4:
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues.

If you repent and have your rock built entirely on Jesus Christ. His teachings. Then even when the storms come -- you will remain standing. Even when people throw all kinds of insults at you. Blessed are you:

Matthew 5:11-12
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

This would require putting Jesus Christ as the Master of your life. Regardless if it means problems in your household, church, community, friends, etc.
It is accurate description how polyamorous people see world and nothing else.

There is reason why us aren't welcome with such people, as can be seen from testimony of people from this forum who tried to be part of such groups. Reason is different presuppositions how world functions.

It's the logical end result of love being what legitimizes sexual relationships.

And here we are almost 4 years on and the next sexual frontier being pushed by the media isn't polyamory. It's pedophilia.

This, polyamory, divorce, rampant fornication. It's all the same rotten fruit of the bad tree of women's lib and eros.
Try again in what is source.

Just because some social process started before 60/70 can be connected with current social issues doesn't mean is true cause.

It is by far probable that equality has come first, then rest. Think a little. Equality = no discrimination. If no discrimination is allowed they everything is allowed.

Additional reason is that concentration of power requires dissolving all societal bonds which idea of equality provides in ample supply.

Just because some social process started before 60/70 can be connected with current social issues doesn't mean is true cause.

I didn't say that simply because these things came after. I said it because the underlying philosophy is the same.

Modern western marriage is based on romantic love. When women fall out of love they end marriage, having to stay in an unloving marriage is seen as wrong. Her having to have sex with her husband if she doesn't feel romantically inclined is seen as wrong. Arranged marriage, dowry, etc. is seen as wrong. A woman being 'in love' is what is needed for marriage, not her father's permission. Romantic love (eros) and only romantic love is what sanctifies marriage.

This is the same philosophical foundation as "Love wins" and "Love is love". If two men, or a woman and two men, or a man and a child 'love' each other then that love sanctifies their sexual relationship.

I didn't say that simply because these things came after. I said it because the underlying philosophy is the same.

Modern western marriage is based on romantic love. When women fall out of love they end marriage, having to stay in an unloving marriage is seen as wrong. Her having to have sex with her husband if she doesn't feel romantically inclined is seen as wrong. Arranged marriage, dowry, etc. is seen as wrong. A woman being 'in love' is what is needed for marriage, not her father's permission. Romantic love (eros) and only romantic love is what sanctifies marriage.

This is the same philosophical foundation as "Love wins" and "Love is love". If two men, or a woman and two men, or a man and a child 'love' each other then that love sanctifies their sexual relationship.
Why are you blaming good thing?

Historically, marriage was political-economic partnership for children production where love is happy coincidence. Why would anybody prefer this type of relationship over love is beyond me.

Romantic love does signify presence of attraction which implies your partner is good "breeding opportunity". Such thing will cement relationship, instead of weaking it. It allows passion and desire toward partner, good things in themself.

It is lack of attraction which is problem, not it's presence. Without attraction marriage is bloody duty done for disgusting person. Off course, people run away from such thing.

Today's Catholic Church has ruled in medieval times that child has final decision who is her husband. Princess could promise herself to local peaseant and her father, king, couldn't do anything legaly to break this bond. So, for centuries people could choose their own partners. And no social disaster has followed.

Some people here, you included, thing if we are right with Lord and follow all rules everything with run, mostly, smoothly. This epic testifies against you:

Notice that following "Christian wisdom" result in breaking apart of @Eristhophanes's marriage from inside while relationships based on romance don't get broken from inside. And such relationships would lasted if @Eristophanes didn't have to travel.

No, real problem in West today is presence of totalitarian ideologies which put state first and which aim to dissolve all social bonds except ones toward state.

Additionally, idea of freedom as being able to do anything you want and to be free of all social obligations is dissolving society and making us all alone. Together with equality where all distinctions between people are to be erased and no discrimination is allowed is completing process of homogenitization and individualization.

Notice that in such world there is no place for gender roles or family. This is true killer of Western civilization. Russia suffered same above when Communism was introduced. No-fault divorce, orgies, nudism on streets was tried first in Russia. Stalin was forced to go back to tradition.

Only difference is that in Europe and USA same process is going slower and has started later which explains current societal situation.

And lack of discrimination is deadly killer because you can't throw out bad apples. Or call somebody evil and distance yourself from them. No, you have to participate in forced integration which implies that everybody must be made welcome. Is it rebellion today to have disgust reaction toward gays which is why most people have to pretend to like them.

Last edited:
It was communists who have bringed sexual degenerancy into West:

Interesting that in Spain Civil War STD's were greater causes of combat incapability than some weapons.

Last edited:
It was communists who have bringed sexual degenerancy into West:

Interesting that in Spain Civil War STD's were greater causes of combat incapability than some weapons.
Fascinating but not surprising.

Back