• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Christians think Jesus is not the only way to salvation.

That’s awfully sad.

And we are seeing the fruit of that decline. Shocking and very sad indeed. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

This is exactly what Oprah preached. That there were multiple ways to heaven. Sure, Jesus is a thing, but he's not the only way. And she mixed it up with all her new agey crap too.
Oprah used to be huge, don't know how much she is now, but I wonder how much of this stems from that. People used to take what she said (and Dr Phil...) as gospel.

He is the way, the truth, and the Life. He is the tabernacle and no one reaches the Father except through Him.

Those who claim there are other paths to the Father except through Messiah are not deceived but deceivers.

The salvation they speak of is not the salvation of eternal life with the Father through the Messiah.

Is the nihilistic salvation of permanent destruction, of perishing in the fires of Ge Hinnom. The ceasing to exist.

The Gospel isn’t taught in the vast majority of “churches”. This is the result.
I agree but I would say even here some of us disagree on what the Gospel is. If one says the birth, death and resurrection is the gospel, I would disagree and point out that he was very much alive and it was pre Resurrection that Yeshua sent out 70 disciples in 2s to preach the Gospel. Though that gospel is taught in every church......at least once to new believers.

This kind of thing is why we had to part ways with the United Church of Christ.

I agree but I would say even here some of us disagree on what the Gospel is. If one says the birth, death and resurrection is the gospel, I would disagree and point out that he was very much alive and it was pre Resurrection that Yeshua sent out 70 disciples in 2s to preach the Gospel. Though that gospel is taught in every church......at least once to new believers.
You are very correct. The true Gospel is "the Gospel of the Kingdom of God". The Kingdom is virtually never mentioned in churches. Instead, we are taught the Gospel of substitutionary atonement for sins - which is true, but only a detail that facilitates the larger Gospel.

The gospel as taught in church is so unbalanced that it seriously looks like the below meme to the outside world. This meme is wrong - but WHY is it wrong? It's actually exactly what most churches teach. If you know the full Gospel you see the errors immediately, but most of the people in that survey probably couldn't see them.
jesus_knocking_badmeme.jpeg

This is exactly what Oprah preached. That there were multiple ways to heaven. Sure, Jesus is a thing, but he's not the only way. And she mixed it up with all her new agey crap too.
Oprah used to be huge, don't know how much she is now, but I wonder how much of this stems from that. People used to take what she said (and Dr Phil...) as gospel.

i think that many people liked her BECAUSE she was reflecting their thoughts

The words "born again" have become meaningless.

It's hard to be born again when you don't die to self to begin with.

I thought the invite him into your heart nonsense was bad enough. Now the false gospel has degraded to the point they're not even asking God to save them in their superstitious prayers; they just tell God they 'accept' the fact that He has saved them.

Back