• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Church/Worship Ideas

I know very little about church planting
I've been part of three church plants. There are a lot of positives to starting fresh, and there are negatives as well. Building momentum for growth is one big issue. I'm coming upon a new season in life and have no idea what is ahead. I may continue working with the incarcerated for the next five years or move on to new pastures sooner. I don't know. I've also been looking into the cost of living in Latin America.

The issue is that no one here, not me, not you and not @Mark C and @Earth_is- are qualified to indict the “whore church.” We’re told to let the wheat grow up with the tares lest we damage the wheat.
Isaiah 8:20 NJKV
To the law (Torah in Hebrew) and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Revelation 12:17 NKJV
And the dragon (Satan) was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Proverbs 4:2
For I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law (Torah in Hebrew).

1 John 5:3 NLT
3 Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.

1 John 2:4 NLT
If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. 5 But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. 6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us

It says that the adversary wages war on those that keep commandments and faith in the Son. Isn't this evident with the roman catholic doctrine? They claim that they are the first church, and they have all authority to change anything. They hold the keys to the kingdom (their doctrine). Then they say if you want to walk according to how the Messiah walked - keeping His food laws, 7th day sabbath, and rejecting pagan customs/holidays - then you're a heretic. So it's considered heresy to walk how the Messiah walked - but they will gladly bless homosexual couples. Something isn't right.

Last edited:
Isaiah 8:20 NJKV
To the law (Torah in Hebrew) and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Revelation 12:17 NKJV
And the dragon (Satan) was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Proverbs 4:2
For I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law (Torah in Hebrew).

1 John 5:3 NLT
3 Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.

1 John 2:4 NLT
If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. 5 But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. 6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us

It says that the adversary wages war on those that keep commandments and faith in the Son. Isn't this evident with the roman catholic doctrine? They claim that they are the first church, and they have all authority to change anything. The hold the keys to the kingdom (their doctrine). Then they say if you want to walk according to how the Messiah walked - keeping His food laws, 7th day sabbath, and rejecting pagan customs/holidays - then you're a heretic. So it's considered heresy to walk how the Messiah walked - but they will gladly bless homosexual couples. Something isn't right.
Everyone who reads this post will believe they are in compliance with these verses, even the Catholics. You have elucidated almost nothing.

Let's get back to polygyny. The Messiah is the Word made Flesh. What is truth? Truth is the divine instruction given to us by the Creator. If you look into the New Testament on the Greek meaning behind the Word "Truth" - it can mean "Divine Instruction."

The Truth is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow; and still profitable for correction and training in righteousness. When today's teachers are confronted with the Truth - how come most of them turn their backs on Truth - for the sake of their human traditions? The first and most important commandment is to love the Heavenly Father with all your heart, soul, and strength. When today's pastors reject the Father in Heaven's Word in terms of polygyny - are they not choosing to walk in darkness (according to His Word in Isaiah 8:20)?

It's one thing to walk in ignorance of truth. But it's a different matter to know the Truth, and still reject it. Then even worse to teach others deception. Because the Father in Heaven knows the ending from the beginning - it says more than once in the NT not to put your faith in men, but study yourself and rely on Him for Truth. From my own personal experience - when I'm praying for Truth and He gives me Truth; it's still up to me to accept or reject Truth. This is a parallel to the parable of the ten talents. The one that was faithful with little - more was given to him. The one that was un-faithful with a little - no more was given to him.

I don't see any problem going into a church for worship. But be very careful of what the pastor preaches. Because if he is not teaching according to the Truth when it comes to adultery, marriage, family structure, and polygyny - then don't make the mistake the leaven stops there. But perhaps you can meet people there that love the Messiah - and you can give them a nugget or two of Truth (milk as Paul writes) - and see how they respond. If they are faithful with a little Truth - then give them more when they come asking. But if they reject a little Truth - then they will likely reject the bigger Truths (meat as Paul writes).
You might be surprised how by your influence some of these pastors can get closer to the truth than you might have thought they would be willing to go.

I found an interesting passage in Nehemiah this morning while the pastor was preaching from chapter 8 and 10.

8:5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was above all the people, and as he opened it all the people stood.

It seems the idea of having a speaker stand on a stage and proclaim the message predates the church era.

Acts 21:40 So when he had given him permission, Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, saying,

Wherever people are gathered men have taken the opportunity to stand and proclaim the Word of God. Being in a position where the people can see and hear is going to be advantageous. That's nothing new.

Primarily directed at families with more than one wife, but anyone can chime in. How do you worship together as a family, given that poly is rejected and hated by the vast majority of Christendom and certainly by all major denominations?

Options seem to include the following options. 1. Not attend an organized church, but gather together as a family and worship/study the word. Maybe socialize or have fellowships with other poly friendly families. 2. Lie about additional wives, and what role they play in family to attend or be involved in a church setting. 3. Take only one wife to church while the other(s) do some type of other online worship. 4. Attend some type of mega church and hope to blend in, without too many questions being asked. 5. Rotate around different churches, and again hope not to be noticed. 6. Be totally open and hope some church somewhere accepts your family. 7. A combination of some of the above.

Number one seems to be the most likely options. Would a family adopting a poly lifestyle be forever doomed to a home Bible study as their church services/Bible study.
Of course home Bible study is good and is necessary for family unity, the first century believers fellowshipped from house to house so maybe combine families together if there are some nearby.
We built a separate building for our fellowship and just made it our assembly hall. Finally to recoup our funds we got a 501c3 and opened as a Hebrew roots Assembly. That was last year. The sixth week after we opened our doors for Shabbat fellowship we had 24 people. A few have left but all were replaced by new people. We just celebrated Pĕsach with 22 people. Our congregation, although not polygynous has listened to us teach the Word on the subject and sees our love and respect for YaHoVah and for each other have accepted us. Previous to that a men’s fellowship on the subject lasted 5 hours and with frank conversation using the scriptures and Peter Rambo’s book all came to one conclusion, the Bible never condemns polygny. I never backed down. I have 2 wives and a third has accepted my proposal and has already melded with the others as we hold off on the consummation until the vows are exchanged.

As a pastor now I’m willing to put other pastors to task that will not believe the Christmas, Easter, and Valentine’s Day are pegan holidays and should be shunned by Ya’s children.
Thanks for letting me share by asking the right question. Bless

Casey B

Under Local Groups on this website https://www.biblicalfamilies.org/about/local-groups:

It sure would be nice if we could meet once a month! I know that someone (might have been myself) suggested a map where we can put virtual pins to indicate where we live. If we had something like that, we could look into planting our own churches. I know @NBTX11 lives about an hour or two away from where I live. @cnystrom used to live a few minutes away, but God has called him to move to So Cal. We used to commute down to Austin (about 40 minutes drive) every Sunday, so the drive would not be so much of a concern. I freely confess I know very little about church planting, and what was described in the Royal Ambassador program, was the idea of moving into the neighborhood where you intend to plant the church, and making cookies for those neighbors. That however would not work so well, if we are trying to find a neutral site. The other issue, is how to grow the church, so it is not just two families that regularly get together. I feel a bit of sadness with the realization that @cnystrom and I could have planted a new church in the Round Rock/Pflugerville area, while we had a chance to do so, but that is water under the bridge.

Miss you, too, buddy. I hope you and your family are doing well. You will have to bring the family to San Diego and I can show you all around.

Miss you, too, buddy. I hope you and your family are doing well. You will have to bring the family to San Diego and I can show you all around.
Can we de-annex San Diego from the rest of California?

Back