• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cindy's Recipes

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Some folks done asked my Cindy fer some of her recipes fer fun. That's cause they GOOD! A couple or few or lot will follow. Enjoy!

Eat-More Casserole

1 cup uncooked macaroni
1 lb hamburger
tomato juice
1 pint each of frozen peas and corn

Cook macaroni and fry hamburger with a little onion.
Mix all together in a casserole and add enough tomato juice to almost cover.
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

Pizza Rice Casserole

2/3 cup rice (2 cups cooked)
3/4 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Cook rice. Brown burger and onion in large skillet. Add sauce, garlic sauce, sugar, salt & pepper, oregano, & parsley flakes. Heat through.
Combine cottage cheese and rice.
Put 1/3 of rice mixture in buttered 2 quart casserole.
Top with 1/3 of meat and tomato sauce.
Repeat layers 2 more times.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.

Note: To make it vegetarian, use Morningstar Crumbles instead of burger. Turkey burger also works very well.

Blue Plate Beef Patties
Taste of Home recipe that our children really like

1 egg
3 green onions with tops, sliced
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
1/2 cup water
2 to 3 tsp prepared horseradish
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced

In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs, and mustard.
Add beef and mix well.
Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
In a small bowl, combine gravy, water, and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties,
Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through.

Yield: 4 servings.

If you are familiar with the Christian band DOWNHERE, you might know of their hidden track on one of their CDs called "Rockstars need money". A few years ago I compiled a cookbook for charity and included this tribute to their musical prowess.

The “Downhere” Baloney Sandwich

This is an adaptation of a sandwich that my friend Diane Finn made several years ago. I know the ingredients sound strange together, but you might just go “from protest to praise”. The sweetness of the dressing works with the peanut butter in a fascinating way. The “rockstars” of Downhere (Jason, Jeremy, Marc and Glenn) might actually be able to live on these if they gave it a shot…but they still need money.

2 Slices of Soft White Bread (multi grain is also good)
1 Tbsp Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Salad Dressing (sweetened mayo style, AKA; Miracle Whip)
German Style Bologna, thick sliced (Paying for a higher quality meat makes a huge difference)
Genoa Salami or other spicy meat (optional)
Colby-Jack Cheese, sliced
Red Onion, thinly sliced (optional)

Place Downhere’s latest CD in the player and hit the play and repeat buttons. Spread the peanut butter on one slice of the bread and the salad dressing on the other slice. Place the meats, cheese and onions in any combination you wish between the bread. Convince your family and friends that you haven’t lost your mind as you enjoy this with your favorite beverage. Feeds both the body and the soul.

Cindy via Cecil,

Thanks for posting. I'm always looking for new recipes!

Michelle

Cecil's version.... leave out the baloney and use pickles.. So, PB, cheese, pickles, and mayo. And use good bread! FINE eatin'!

Cindy thinks its yucky. Baaaaah! :p

For the adventurous, try a dusting of cinnamon on watermelon. An amazingly gourmet treat.

Or caraway seeds in your scrambled eggs. (Put a good sprinkle into the eggs before whisking them up.) Can't order it at a restaurant, but they're delicious this way.

sola scriptura said:
Sorry, Will. I'm just not brave enough to try the Downhere Baloney Sandwich. I can barely stomach baloney as it is!

Doesn't Oscar Meyer spell it B-o-l-o-g-n-a? I am confused? The little boy says so..... :D

Breakfast Oatmeal for Cecil

Cook Quaker Oats (Quacker Oats if you are feeling just ducky or are a fan of the Oregon Ducks basketball team)

Doctor to taste with all of the following:
* Honey,
* Raisins,
* Cinnamon, and
* Extra Chunky Peanut Butter

Eat quickly before someone else tries to snatch if from you.

Be especially wary of small people, such as Sir BumbleBerry, who somehow manage to consume it while it is right in front of you, then scamper away with a mischievous grin, leaving you to wonder what just happened to your FOOD?!! :eek: :lol:

What we serious religious males (otherwise known as Deep-Friars) have to put up with from our alter egos! :roll: :!: :ugeek:

Breakfast Oatmeal for Sir BumbleBerry
(While Cecil's not looking)

Cook any kind of them flattened Oats. Don't worry about ducks. The oats're really for me, and I neither quack nor quake!

Doctor to taste with all of the following:
* Honey,
* Raisins,
* Cinnamon, and
* Extra Chunky Peanut Butter

Eat quickly before someone else tries to snatch it from you. *winking and jerking a thumb towards the upper right corner of this post*

Be especially wary of large people! Especially serious religious males (YUP! Deep-Friars!) like Cecil. They think that this delicious concoction is for them! Baah! Clearly it is prepared for compact gourmands such as myself. But big people will SELFISHLY try to eat it all themselves. *sigh* Shame on them!

Misdirection, guile, and stealth are definitely called for! If these do not come naturally to you, LEARN! The breakfast reward, not to mention the look on Cecil's face when I'm successful, are WORTH it! :lol:

Yikes! Here HE comes! Gotta run!

tigerlilyrose4u said:
You went and ate sir bumbleberrys breakfast ? how dare you ? lol

I TRIED! But that little schtinker is FAST! :eek: :lol:

Got anything that's good to eat in the car as you're blasting down the interstate going 80 because you're late, yet again? NO MCMUFFINs I hate them now. Can't be messy, I wear suits.

Porkchop

(hey that sounds good on a biscuit)-but I'd never have enough time to actually make it.

Back